Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 am

Ed, there's no way the nou camp will be over 20,000. Their highest is 18,500 v Warrington and for the mighty reds last week it was 98,500! Good to see Vikings moving up the table. They'd be equal 3rd without the points deduction.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 am

I also can't see it full, but with interest from the locals I wouldn't be surprised with a crowd of 40k to 50k, I'd imagine Wigan will take a few thousand for the novelty fixture. Yeh pleased for Widnes and that they look like they will be able to avoid relegation, but I think the play-offs are pretty well out of sight.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 06, 2019 12:56 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 am
Ed, there's no way the nou camp will be over 20,000. Their highest is 18,500 v Warrington and for the mighty reds last week it was 98,500! Good to see Vikings moving up the table. They'd be equal 3rd without the points deduction.
Charity bet? More at Camp Nou than both days together at Magic this year I win split your dosh between Cancer research and Downs sufferers. You win, name your charity

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 am
I also can't see it full, but with interest from the locals I wouldn't be surprised with a crowd of 40k to 50k, I'd imagine Wigan will take a few thousand for the novelty fixture. Yeh pleased for Widnes and that they look like they will be able to avoid relegation, but I think the play-offs are pretty well out of sight.
When I say it will be rammed I was thinking more like 70,000, which would leave only the 2 top end sections at the place closed.
Wigan took over 7000 to Aussie last summer. Think they will take at least 5,000. add 10,000 Cats actual fans.
As they are talking up Barca for SL I am thinking there will be plenty of free/very cheap tickets for locals.

Widnes. Why do the powers that be think it is a good idea to hinder new owners at every turn? So easy for a board to walk away and do the same to other clubs.
(Ridsdale at Leeds, then Cardiff and Plymouth).
Surely it is time they started going for the people who make the mess. Bolton at the moment a case to prove the point.

As I have said before, Good luck Widnes and enjoy the championship.It can be fun.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Don't fancy Wigan's chances at Warrington, I think we'll get thumped, but may be wrong of course.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Tonight, Cas, Wakey and Fax
Tomorrow, KR Bradford and Cats
Sunday Warry and St's>

Had a nice betting set on all 4 English clubs to get to the European finals this week so I am on form !!!!

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Well Castleford got well and truly thumped by Hull. I'd love Bradford to beat Leeds tomorrow, although Leeds sacking their head coach, may mean they'll put up a fight.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 am

Cas are disappointing me. The fight seems to have gone out of them. I know they have lots of injuries like KR. but they seemed to accept losing last night as soon as they went behind. That is not a Powell team going out there at the moment.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 11, 2019 3:29 pm

100% today.

Can't do much better than that especially when 2 from 3 are underdogs.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:29 pm
100% today.

Can't do much better than that especially when 2 from 3 are underdogs.
Let's hope your wrong about the Warrington score tomorrow, but I can't see it to be honest.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 12, 2019 7:56 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:29 pm
100% today.

Can't do much better than that especially when 2 from 3 are underdogs.
Let's hope your wrong about the Warrington score tomorrow, but I can't see it to be honest.
Still say Warry for no 1 this year so not going to change my mind at this point !!!!

Ps, when fit and on the pitch Joel is a massive gain for us and loss for you.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Never mind Pate, we will beat them next round for you !!!!

Seventynine
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 8:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Seventynine » Sun May 12, 2019 3:49 pm

can we have a carp pond thread please ....we have indercators

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Seventynine wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:49 pm
can we have a carp pond thread please ....we have indercators
Go start 1 if you want. You do not need permission.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Have to say, today's game has shown why I don't rate St's for number 1.
A very, very poor Udders holding them this close.
Good hard game, but little skill on show either way.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Just watched the Wires v Wigan game on tape, what a game, It could have gone either way and even in defeat, Wigan can take a lot of credit from the game and we can now concentrate on the league, a bit like Darlo to be honest.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Don't fancy Wigan's chances in Barcelona on Saturday playing the Catalan Dragons. They are expecting a crowd of 30000k at the Nou Camp, which may be of more help to Wigan more than to Catalan. I'm probably trying to clutch for straws.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks for that Cas. A well deserved win tonight.
Leeds are poor. Anyone who does not think they are in a relegation fight is mistaken. They play London next week at magic and if they play as they did tonight London will do them no problem. The 1 thing they have that is totally devoid at Leeds is heart.

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Fri May 17, 2019 7:40 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Thanks for that Cas. A well deserved win tonight.
Leeds are poor. Anyone who does not think they are in a relegation fight is mistaken. They play London next week at magic and if they play as they did tonight London will do them no problem. The 1 thing they have that is totally devoid at Leeds is heart.
We were back to form last night and showed what we can do, forward and upwards.
Leeds were shocking, like you say ED no heart and indiscipline, they are in a battle to stay up, personally I would like to see them go down, one season in Championship would boost crowds for the rest of them

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 am

robsraiders wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:40 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Thanks for that Cas. A well deserved win tonight.
Leeds are poor. Anyone who does not think they are in a relegation fight is mistaken. They play London next week at magic and if they play as they did tonight London will do them no problem. The 1 thing they have that is totally devoid at Leeds is heart.
We were back to form last night and showed what we can do, forward and upwards.
Leeds were shocking, like you say ED no heart and indiscipline, they are in a battle to stay up, personally I would like to see them go down, one season in Championship would boost crowds for the rest of them
I agree about the crowd bit for the other Championship clubs but I would love them to go down for another reason as well, and indeed, more so. .......Hetherington.
Need I say more?

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am

Wall to wall rugby for me this weekend. Leave in a couple of hours for Uddersfield. Bad result last time but always enjoy my visits there as the pub nearest the ground does the best burgers anywhere in the country and at a decent price as well. A shame we have to walk 3/4 of the way round the stadium having done more steps than to Whitby abbey to get to ground level from the car park !!!!!
Straight across to Blackpool for the Summer Bash. Didn't over enjoy it the year we were in it but really enjoyed the free from worry weekend last year. A shame it is not big enough for Magic. I would far prefer it to Liverpool. Betting the attendance for magic drops by about 50% this year.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 am

Good win for Cas Rob, but you were only playing Leeds. Ed if Leeds are contenders for relegation, then HKR must be in the mix as well. Enjoy the Nig Bash.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 18, 2019 9:30 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 am
Good win for Cas Rob, but you were only playing Leeds. Ed if Leeds are contenders for relegation, then HKR must be in the mix as well. Enjoy the Nig Bash.
Can't deny it now Pete. Poor ref decision cost us again last night. A clear 2 on 1 steal that led to a 95 yard try cost us badly last night. The only glimmer was that we scored right on time which showed our heads were still up.
Again, had that been on Sky the result would have been different.
Salford at magic then your lot. It does not get any easier !!!!!!

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sat May 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Wigan well beat today and crowd did not look very big, but was a league record of 31,555 which was fantastic !but certainly no where near the 90000 you said ED !

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 pm

I agree with you Ron we weren't at the races today and some late tries gave the scoreline some respectability. Was again very impressed with Toronto as they steam rolled their nearest rivals Toulouse 42-14 and they now have a 6 point lead at the top of the table.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 18, 2019 6:20 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:24 pm
Wigan well beat today and crowd did not look very big, but was a league record of 31,555 which was fantastic !but certainly no where near the 90000 you said ED !
I honestly expected a lot more, but a record crowd is not to be sneezed at and great publicity going forward.
Lets have a Hull derby in Lisbon etc.

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Ed had a private message from you which I replied to, but its stuck in my outbox send me an email to reply to please
rob.duncan@darlingtonfc.org

EDJOHNS
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 am

robsraiders wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 pm
Ed had a private message from you which I replied to, but its stuck in my outbox send me an email to reply to please
rob.duncan@darlingtonfc.org
Hi Rob, received your reply 6 times !!!
email sent and yes the ps is correct.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 am

Well, we were all wrong about the crowd at camp nou.. impressive though!!

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 am

I see Catalan want to play more games at the Nou Camp, not surprising with a crowd like that.

Post Reply