Father and son footballers

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikey53
Team Supported: Darlington

Father and son footballers

Post by mikey53 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:32 am

After reading on the virtual Feethhams board about Nick Barmby's son playing football, it got me thinking of other father and son footballers.
I can only think of one son who actually played for a professional team along side of his father.
David Herd (used to play for Man Utd) played along side his dad Alex Herd for Stockport County in his early professional career.

Anyone got any other names of Dads who played in the same team as their sons.

BishopQuaker

Re: Father and son footballers

Post by BishopQuaker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 am

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rigobert song played alongside his newphew Alexandre Song at least once.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 am

I think Eidur Gudjonsen was substituted for his father at international level once, although they never appeared on the same pitch together.

In terms of uncles and nephews there's Gary Kelly and Ian Harte for Leeds. In fact they possibly both played against Darlo together in 1996?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 am

fat tony wrote:I think Eidur Gudjonsen was substituted for his father at international level once, although they never appeared on the same pitch together.

In terms of uncles and nephews there's Gary Kelly and Ian Harte for Leeds. In fact they possibly both played against Darlo together in 1996?
Yeh, Gudjonsen is the only one I know of where they've both been on the same teamsheet. Eidur's son is now on the books at Barca too I think, so there could be a chance of history repeating itself, although his son is only 13 now, so Eidur would have to play to 37+ to stand a chance.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Didn't Pele and Martin Smith once play together for Brazil?

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Didn't Pele and Martin Smith once play together for Brazil?
:lol:

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Carlos Maria and Juan Manuel Morales

"Carlos is a former Uruguayan international who has spent most of his career in the Mexican First Division. But he decided to return to Uruguay in the latter stages of his career, and after having stints at Defensor Sporting and Danubio he decided to join Montevideo Wanderers last season. There he joined his son Juan Manuel who is product of the club. In August 2008, the duo made history when they shared the same football pitch in an official Uruguayan league match where father Carlos started and later son Juan Manuel joined him after coming on in the second half."

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Not sure if this counts but Kenny & Paul Dalglish both played in the benefit match that Hodgie arranged a few years back.

Dn1

Post by Dn1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Teddy and Charlie Sherringham?

Dn1
"Paris and the fall. The last months of the year and the end of the milenium. The city hold many memories for me...of cafes, of music, of love....and of death...."

pb1991
Team Supported: Darlington+Newcastle

Post by pb1991 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Maradonna managed his son-in law Sergio Aguero at WC2010

DFC123
Team Supported: Darlington; Newcastle

Post by DFC123 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Spyman wrote:
fat tony wrote:I think Eidur Gudjonsen was substituted for his father at international level once, although they never appeared on the same pitch together.

Yeh, Gudjonsen is the only one I know of where they've both been on the same teamsheet. Eidur's son is now on the books at Barca too I think, so there could be a chance of history repeating itself, although his son is only 13 now, so Eidur would have to play to 37+ to stand a chance.
He would also have to sign for Barcelona and I can see them signing him at his age

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:14 pm

....or closer to home Uncle Brian Atkinson and nephew Danny Melanby

did Paolo Maldini play on the same pitch as dad Cesare?
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die