Other Euro Squads

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Norm_D_Ploom

Other Euro Squads

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Anyone else chedked the other teams squads.

Holland & Portugal both have 7 strikers in their squads, obvioulsy both going 433 ?

Germany only have 3 strikers in their squad, but any number of talented midfielders, Spain have left a striker of the quality of Roberto Soldado out of their 23 :o :shock:

I have to say though I do thinks Englands defensive selections looks quite good, we are stronger in that section than any of the other teams in our group, imo, and compare well with the other squads.

Did anyone see the France game on Sunday night ? I know it was only 90 mins in a friendly, BUT they looked very poor at the back, Evra is on the downward slope now and I have always felt Phillipe Mexes was a bit soft and lazy for international football, that certainly seemed the case on Sunday him & Rammy were all over the place.

I fancy Carroll against those two.

France's midfileld and forwards were good though, the thought of Frank Ribbery running at Glen Johnson must be giving Roy nightmares, fairly certain Milner will play to give protection to our right flank.

DarloFaithful
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Other Euro Squads

Post by DarloFaithful » Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Truthfully, there's not many of the squads that stand out and there seems to be a lack of stellar names. Hopefully some of the arrogance that surrounds England has dissipated and we can go into the tournament as underdogs.

I fancy us to draw with France, defensively frail and they play with little coherency. Ribery is good when he's in the mood but can be wound up, frustrated and nullified. The first game will be crucial.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 pm

DarloFaithful wrote:Truthfully, there's not many of the squads that stand out and there seems to be a lack of stellar names. Hopefully some of the arrogance that surrounds England has dissipated and we can go into the tournament as underdogs.

I fancy us to draw with France, defensively frail and they play with little coherency. Ribery is good when he's in the mood but can be wound up, frustrated and nullified. The first game will be crucial.
Spains midfield jumped out at me mate, and Portugals forward line to be honest

I would take a 0-0 v France now to be honest.

Really looking forward to it all now, can't wait

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I reckon we'll draw the first two, go to Ukraine needing a win. Rooney will get sent off and we'll go out.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DarloFaithful

Post by DarloFaithful » Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 am

"Spains midfield jumped out at me mate, and Portugals forward line to be honest

I would take a 0-0 v France now to be honest.

Really looking forward to it all now, can't wait"

Obvious problem with Portugal's forward line is that they lack an out and out striker, Almeida or Postiga or whoever they include just won't be good enough. They could easily stick Ronaldo through the middle and use Nani and one other out wide but they still only limped over the line in qualification. They'd probably still beat us though

Take your point about Spain's midfield. But they can be stopped.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 31, 2012 9:02 am

I wouldn't mind us lacking 'an out and out striker' if we had an alternative player who had scored 40+ goals in each of the last two seasons.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 am

I'm looking forward to watching that German player Gotze. Never seen him play and everyone rates him so highly
@George_S96

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu May 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:I'm looking forward to watching that German player Gotze. Never seen him play and everyone rates him so highly
He's quality.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Thu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Darlo_George_96 wrote:I'm looking forward to watching that German player Gotze. Never seen him play and everyone rates him so highly
He's quality.
Agreed. Toni Kroos will be worth watching as well.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu May 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Darlo_H wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
He's quality.
Agreed. Toni Kroos will be worth watching as well.
And Ozil.