Polite Request

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Since 68
Team Supported: Darlington

Polite Request

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:58 pm

As some of you may have seen, at the end of every home game there are about 5 or 6 of us volunteer to stay behind and help pick up the litter.

As usual this is just another duty performed by us, the fans as volunteers.

Tonight, can I just request that if you have a pop can or pop bottle, that this is placed in one of the many bins we have around the ground.

This just makes it a little easier for us as we need to pick up all the litter before we can leave the ground.

So as they say, 'every little helps' and it also means that we can get away a little earlier than usual after tidying up. (It can be quite late after a night match)

I thank you all for your kind assistance in helping the volunteers. Also if any of you want to stay and help for just 10 minutes, that would be greatly appreciated.

Darlogramps

Re: Polite Request

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 pm

I've got a better idea. If we lose, the players should pick the litter up.

With their teeth.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Darlo Since 68 wrote:As some of you may have seen, at the end of every home game there are about 5 or 6 of us volunteer to stay behind and help pick up the litter.

As usual this is just another duty performed by us, the fans as volunteers.

Tonight, can I just request that if you have a pop can or pop bottle, that this is placed in one of the many bins we have around the ground.

This just makes it a little easier for us as we need to pick up all the litter before we can leave the ground.

So as they say, 'every little helps' and it also means that we can get away a little earlier than usual after tidying up. (It can be quite late after a night match)

I thank you all for your kind assistance in helping the volunteers. Also if any of you want to stay and help for just 10 minutes, that would be greatly appreciated.
Well said. i usually have a wander around the ground and if i see any litter on the floor, I'll pick it up and put in one of the bins. Every bit helps.

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:16 am

Just another polite reminder about the litter.

As we have tonights fundraiser to attend (thanks to Rob for arranging and promoting this), any help would be greatly appreciated. It justs helps the volunteers get away a little earlier.

Many thanks in advance.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:39 pm

As I walked around the ground on Saturday, I was looking for any rubbish on the floor that I could pick up, but didn't see any. Have things improved or was I looking in the wrong areas?

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Although it should not happen with people dropping litter anywhere never mind the football ground.

Can we ask the person that speaks over the tannoy to mention that we have bins in place for a reason and place their unwanted rubbish in them?

Maybe before kick off and h/t should suffice.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:40 pm

There was a fair bit of litter in the tin shed. Bloody litter louts gets the council in to issue fixed penalty notices that will sort the problem out.