Your Best & Worst Films of 2012

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

davidcorks 40yard OG
Team Supported: Darlington

Your Best & Worst Films of 2012

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 pm

The tv thread got me thinking about whats everyones fav movies of the year ,mine are in no particular order
End Of Watch
Looper
Ted
The Grey
The Dark Knight Rises
Safe ( Jason Statham in good film shocker)
The Cabin in the Woods
Men in Black 3
The grey
The Raven
Immortals
Get the Gringo
Contraband
Man on A Ledge
The Divide ( post apocalyptic horror starring the legendary Micheal Biehn)
The Sweeney
Inbred( Yorkshire version of Hostel starring Emmerdales Paddy Kirk as a chainsaw wielding headcase)

the crap of 2012

The Amazing & un-needed Spiderman remake
Piranha 3DD
Total Remake/call
Wrath Of the Titans
Ghost Rider 2

Bogratsteve

Re: Your Best & Worst Films of 2012

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

I need to see inbred, this must be why he shaved his head

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm

God, can't remember what I've seen this year.

Looper edged its way to near the top of my list though when I finally saw it. Moral questions and parenthood all wrapped up with time travel. Really liked it.

Dark Knight Rises was superb. Really enjoyed the trilogy. Got the blu-ray saved for over Christmas. I reckon my neighbours are going to hate me as I hear good things about the surround sound mix. It'll hopefully give my system a workout.

Like Ted as well. Expected crude laughs given its a Family Guy thing but its more well meaning than I expected as well. The whole Flash Gordon / Ming scene had me in stitches.

Skyfall was great too. Decent director, decent story and some typically great set pieces. Looking forward to that one on blu-ray as well.

Stuff I didn't like was Prometheus (maybe a bit harsh - seen it twice and I can't make my mind up on it at all) or Taken 2 (huge disappointment as I loved the first one). Probably been other ones I didn't like but can't remember.

Also a final shout out to Cockney's vs Zombies - if only for having Richard Briers shooting an uzi in it.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

TFDM wrote:God, can't remember what I've seen this year.

Looper edged its way to near the top of my list though when I finally saw it. Moral questions and parenthood all wrapped up with time travel. Really liked it.

Dark Knight Rises was superb. Really enjoyed the trilogy. Got the blu-ray saved for over Christmas. I reckon my neighbours are going to hate me as I hear good things about the surround sound mix. It'll hopefully give my system a workout.

Like Ted as well. Expected crude laughs given its a Family Guy thing but its more well meaning than I expected as well. The whole Flash Gordon / Ming scene had me in stitches.

Skyfall was great too. Decent director, decent story and some typically great set pieces. Looking forward to that one on blu-ray as well.

Stuff I didn't like was Prometheus (maybe a bit harsh - seen it twice and I can't make my mind up on it at all) or Taken 2 (huge disappointment as I loved the first one). Probably been other ones I didn't like but can't remember.

Also a final shout out to Cockney's vs Zombies - if only for having Richard Briers shooting an uzi in it.

Good call on the Cockneys vs Zombies ...Alan Ford at the end ....Oy zombies get tha fack out my east end :clap: :clap:

Taken 2 was wank tho I think it suffered from the kiddy friendly 12 rating it got rather than the 18 rated original

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't think it's been a very good year for film. Liked Batman and Prometheus even though they both had some flaws. Hunger Games was also a good big-budget action one. Favourites overall have probably been Argo, End Of Watch and Cosmopolis - but none of those has blown me away. Other definite 4 star-ish films: Looper, Rust & Bone, Moonrise Kingdom, My Brother The Devil. Ted was great, can't think of any other comedies though. Disappointments have been The Master, Spiderman, that new Bourne one, and Avengers.

All that said, there are a load of films not released yet which will probably go down as the 2012 Oscar winners - Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Life Of Pi, Django Unchanged... all out over the next month. Looking forward to The Hobbit as well. Also can't wait for a film called To The Wonder which is out in February.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 pm

fat tony wrote:I don't think it's been a very good year for film. Liked Batman and Prometheus even though they both had some flaws. Hunger Games was also a good big-budget action one. Favourites overall have probably been Argo, End Of Watch and Cosmopolis - but none of those has blown me away. Other definite 4 star-ish films: Looper, Rust & Bone, Moonrise Kingdom, My Brother The Devil. Ted was great, can't think of any other comedies though. Disappointments have been The Master, Spiderman, that new Bourne one, and Avengers.

All that said, there are a load of films not released yet which will probably go down as the 2012 Oscar winners - Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Life Of Pi, Django Unchanged... all out over the next month. Looking forward to The Hobbit as well. Also can't wait for a film called To The Wonder which is out in February.
Never fancied the non jason bourne -bourne legacy ,agree with the year in whole 2012 has been a pretty poor year for decent films....
2013 should be half decent
Star trek 12 : into darkness in may
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHlQUXFzfw

and the superman reboot in july
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmbjSQYXqlM

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 pm

I must be the only one who hated Looper took to long and just slowed down really bad when he got to the farm, it should of stayed in the City.

Prometheus was bit of a let down 3D was useless story was bad and people thinking it was a prequel & what not.

Judd 3D was ok had a nice little storyline but done on a budget. 3D worked really well.

Loved Skyfall went and seen it twice. It was great to see it set in the UK made it a bit more real for me.

The Dark Knight Rises was the best film of the year for me. Bane's voice was weird spent the first 20 minutes shocked at it then the rest of the movie trying to understand him.

The Sweeneys was good hope to see a sequel coming soon.

Need to see End of Watch and a few other films too.

grytters

Post by grytters » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Probably only seen about four films this year

I Liked them all-

The Artist
Dark Knight
Skyfall
Seven Psychopaths
Bring Back the Quarters

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 pm

I didn't mind the spiderman remake to be honest, I watched the old trilogy again and they weren't anywhere near as good as I remembered them. Dark Knight Rises was fantastic the whole trilogy was one of the best I've seen (assume everyone has seen it here before a mini spoiler) not sure I am looking forward to 'Robin' movies whenever they surface could be a step too far!

Avengers was good I particularly liked what they did with the Hulk this time around which was a huge improvement on Edward Norton's portrayal of the character. Ted was good as well but I do like Family Guy, thought it was quite clever and original as well - probably gonna be told that it wasn't and it has been done before.

Dissapointments, well I wasn't as impressed with the Hobbit I was really looking forward to it but they really are stretching it with 3 films the first 2 hours are really really dull, the less said about Prometheus and Total Recall the better.

I havn't seen the new Judge Dredd film yet, I was expecting it to be awful so didn't bother but my old manager said it was actually quite good so might get a copy over xmas time to check that out!

DTID

Post by DTID » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:The tv thread got me thinking about whats everyones fav movies of the year ,mine are in no particular order
End Of Watch
Looper
Ted
The Grey
The Dark Knight Rises
Safe ( Jason Statham in good film shocker)
The Cabin in the Woods
Men in Black 3
The grey
The Raven
Immortals
Get the Gringo
Contraband
Man on A Ledge
The Divide ( post apocalyptic horror starring the legendary Micheal Biehn)
The Sweeney
Inbred( Yorkshire version of Hostel starring Emmerdales Paddy Kirk as a chainsaw wielding headcase)

the crap of 2012

The Amazing & un-needed Spiderman remake
Piranha 3DD
Total Remake/call
Wrath Of the Titans
Ghost Rider 2
Ted is one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Agree with you about that Piranha film too. Although, I only gave it 25 minutes and just knew it was going to be white so turned it off. Glad I didn't waste another hour of my life by watching the rest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DarloFaithful

Post by DarloFaithful » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 pm

It can't only be me who thought Ted was fucking awful? And i'm a massive fan of Family Guy and American Dad.

The Dictator was also very underwhelming.

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:43 am

grytters wrote:Probably only seen about four films this year

I Liked them all-

The Artist
Dark Knight
Skyfall
Seven Psychopaths

Just remembered - I saw "Iron Sky" this year as well.

Decent premise, started well, but lost not so much the plot, but more the invention towards the middle and end.

∴ "Worst film of year".
Bring Back the Quarters

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 am

I agree that 2012 wasn't a vintage year for movies. However, there were still some very good films being released.

Think my favourite was probably Argo - but then I am a huge Affleck fan boy when it comes to the stuff he directs/writes.

End of Watch was very good, The Avengers did a job, and I was pleasantly surprised by The Cabin in the Woods and Ted.

One film that I enjoyed, but in terms of acting was one of the worst Ive ever seen was Act of Valour, starring real life Navy SEALS :lol: I sincerely recommend everyone checks it out.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:I agree that 2012 wasn't a vintage year for movies. However, there were still some very good films being released.

Think my favourite was probably Argo - but then I am a huge Affleck fan boy when it comes to the stuff he directs/writes.

End of Watch was very good, The Avengers did a job, and I was pleasantly surprised by The Cabin in the Woods and Ted.

One film that I enjoyed, but in terms of acting was one of the worst Ive ever seen was Act of Valour, starring real life Navy SEALS :lol: I sincerely recommend everyone checks it out.
Was going to give Argo a download as well as that one about the Osama Bin Laden raid. Looks good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2