Olympic 50p's

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Olympic 50p's

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 pm

It's sad I know but I'm trying to complete a full set (29) out of the coins I find in normal circulation.

I have about 10 "swaps" so if anyone else is up to the same thing, send me a P.M. :geek:
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Olympic 50p's

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm

I've got some pogs.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Hope they're not giving you any pain Mr_Tibbs.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

I've got some 1998 Merlin Premier League stickers if that helps? Trade you a Mark Bosnich for a shiny Arsenal kit?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Nope - no good to me at all, don't like Bosnich,don't like Arsenal.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Hilly wrote:I've got some 1998 Merlin Premier League stickers if that helps? Trade you a Mark Bosnich for a shiny Arsenal kit?
Funny you should say that, I was going through a few boxes in the loft this morning and came across a handful of these. I can remember using my pocket money to buy four packets on a Saturday morning. The shiny ones were always worth" two or three standad ones weren't they?

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Merlin :eh: it was Panini stickers in my day :thumbup:
FORZA DARLO

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:
Hilly wrote:I've got some 1998 Merlin Premier League stickers if that helps? Trade you a Mark Bosnich for a shiny Arsenal kit?
Funny you should say that, I was going through a few boxes in the loft this morning and came across a handful of these. I can remember using my pocket money to buy four packets on a Saturday morning. The shiny ones were always worth" two or three standad ones weren't they?
They were but tell him that - sheesh!

I can remember going to a swaps event at St. James' Park when i was younger. Good times.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Hilly wrote: I can remember going to a swaps event at St. James' Park when i was younger. Good times.
Did the same thing with Pokemon cards at an event in Woolworths.

I've got a folder of them knocking around somewhere being the cool, dynamic and maverick kid I clearly was.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Never mind the Olympic ones... anyone ever seen the D-Day design on this site?

http://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-c ... ence-coin

Went looking to see how many of the olympic ones I might need (The Mrs hoardes 50ps in an old coffee tin) and found it on the site. Its the old style bigger coin, but I don't remember it ever being in circulation!

jarramel

Post by jarramel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 pm

DL_Fourteen wrote:Never mind the Olympic ones... anyone ever seen the D-Day design on this site?

Went looking to see how many of the olympic ones I might need (The Mrs hoardes 50ps in an old coffee tin) and found it on the site. Its the old style bigger coin, but I don't remember it ever being in circulation!
If thats the one with the planes on i have one
:clap:

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm

jarramel wrote:
DL_Fourteen wrote:Never mind the Olympic ones... anyone ever seen the D-Day design on this site?

If thats the one with the planes on i have one
:clap:
But do you have the shiny Arsenal kit, that's the important question.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2