How long before Cameron ditches our dear Chancellor

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: How long before Cameron ditches our dear Chancellor

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:41 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:In the last 5 years the banks have has over 100 billion quid in subsidy.

That is on top of quantive easing. The banks are really contributing aren't they?
Are you referring to buying shares as a subsidy. Do you know why they needed to buy the shares? To cover a great bloody hole that was there! And you expect that money to be be lent to S&M enterprises?

In time those shares will be sold and the government will get their money back. A subsidy, you know like he farming industry, transport industry get, that doesn't get paid back.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:42 am

Oh I'm sorry, wasn't nationalising companies the same as merely buying up all the shares stock?

Branson bought northern rock for half of what we paid AND we kept the toxic part of it.
He also wants the east coast. That's after DOR have put far more back into the public coffers than any private company.

Your going to need a different argument lo cos your basically saying private good public bad even when DOR shows differently.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:00 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Branson bought northern rock for half of what we paid AND we kept the toxic part of it.
He also wants the east coast. That's after DOR have put far more back into the public coffers than any private company.

Your going to need a different argument lo cos your basically saying private good public bad even when DOR shows differently.
Yeh but you called it a subsidy? That's what I disputed, you have now reverted to talking about nationalization of these organisations?

What can I say. Northern Rock was nationalized, that was the governments perogative to split it, sell the good part for cheap and keep the debt. That is completely different to the make up of the other banks.

There is a substantial difference to owning shares in a FTSE100 company. Mainly because the market still dictates the price of those shares so the government can sell when they reach the desirable price. This is completely different to owning a company which the sale price is dependent on your negotiation skills.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:30 am

The second a business takes public money to prop it up it is subsidised. Simple.

Now why is it that certain "interests" are untouchable.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 pm

I love fatty's debating style of summarising an argument in the vaguest, simplistic fashion possible and then banging FACT or SIMPLE on the end of it :lol:

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm

At the start of this thread, I posed some reasonable questions.

In response, all I have seen is the usual personal insults, which I am well used to by now - but, no defence of Osbourne, no reasoned explanation of why his policies are right - in fact no reasoned arguement at all - just the usual s***.

I can only assume that Jizz and Cockhead agree with my summation of the current situation and that they too believe that both Cameron and his Etonian friend have not got the faintest idea what they are doing and are indeed leading this country deeper into crisis (oh don't mention the latest bad news - the downgrading of our credit rating again) !! - and at the same time putting greater pressure on vital services such as Education and the NHS.
But of course that is OK, because they have reduced the top rate of tax for the high earners.

Don't forget - As Cameron keeps telling us - "We're all in it Together".

Be interesting how his backbenchers react when they loose hundreds of seats in the local elections soon and those in marginal seats realise that they days are numbered.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 pm

You didn't ask reasonable questions, you made a bunch of emotionally charged statements based on your own political bias and limited understanding and demanded someone address them.

You have shown time and time and again that you are incapable of reasoned debate when someone makes the mistake of addressing your rants. You don't possess the intelligence or sense of logic to hold an adult discussion, yet you persist in starting these ranty threads and bemoaning the fact that understandably no one wants to engage you debate.

You're a fucking moron cockhead, you're the online equivilent of the big mouth-know nowt pub bore wanker and anybody who wastes their breath trying to have a sensible conversation with you is almost as stupid.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:I can only assume that Jizz and Cockhead agree with my summation of the current situation
I know who Jizz is. Who is Cockhead?

This post suggests to me you don't really have full confidence in what you are saying because you were expecting to have to defend it.

Btw if you actually read we have covered off your main "arguments". Including the intelligence of the PM, the crackdown on the banks. That is actually all I can remember were there any other points of substance?

Out of interest if everyone did agree with you, what would you do then?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:At the start of this thread, I posed some reasonable questions.

In response, all I have seen is the usual personal insults, which I am well used to by now - but, no defence of Osbourne, no reasoned explanation of why his policies are right - in fact no reasoned arguement at all - just the usual s***.

I can only assume that Jizz and Cockhead agree with my summation of the current situation and that they too believe that both Cameron and his Etonian friend have not got the faintest idea what they are doing and are indeed leading this country deeper into crisis (oh don't mention the latest bad news - the downgrading of our credit rating again) !! - and at the same time putting greater pressure on vital services such as Education and the NHS.
But of course that is OK, because they have reduced the top rate of tax for the high earners.

Don't forget - As Cameron keeps telling us - "We're all in it Together".

Be interesting how his backbenchers react when they loose hundreds of seats in the local elections soon and those in marginal seats realise that they days are numbered.

DC
And the alternative put forward by that failure Balls (apt name) will do what exactly? Oh thats right they haven't actually said what they would do, they just deride what is being done to put right the mess they had a massive part in making.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 am

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:26 pm

The biggest argument against Osbourne is that he promised to reduce government net borrowing as a proportion of GDP and it is still rising (75% I think it is now). The decline in tax receipts has screwed up the plan although he is making minor progress on cutting debt. There is no way that Cameron will ditch Osbourne because he is bought into the same strategy. The only pressure would come if Clegg started getting itchy feet.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Clegg's opinion is worthless, he's a plastic politician.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 pm

princes town wrote: There is no way that Cameron will ditch Osbourne because he is bought into the same strategy. The only pressure would come if Clegg started getting itchy feet.
I think a lot of Tories and Lib Dems would be quite happy if Clegg got itchy feet, bearing in mind this is a marriage of convenience, as oppose to them actually wanting to be in government together.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
princes town wrote: There is no way that Cameron will ditch Osbourne because he is bought into the same strategy. The only pressure would come if Clegg started getting itchy feet.
I think a lot of Tories and Lib Dems would be quite happy if Clegg got itchy feet, bearing in mind this is a marriage of convenience, as oppose to them actually wanting to be in government together.

Although, A Lib Dem I'm finding it difficult to argue with the last 2 posts. I also wish he would stop this "how does £600 more in your pocket" sound. He looks lost for me, a man without a mission and basically a clone of Cameron.

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:You didn't ask reasonable questions, you made a bunch of emotionally charged statements based on your own political bias and limited understanding and demanded someone address them.

You have shown time and time and again that you are incapable of reasoned debate when someone makes the mistake of addressing your rants. You don't possess the intelligence or sense of logic to hold an adult discussion, yet you persist in starting these ranty threads and bemoaning the fact that understandably no one wants to engage you debate.

You're a fucking moron cockhead, you're the online equivilent of the big mouth-know nowt pub bore wanker and anybody who wastes their breath trying to have a sensible conversation with you is almost as stupid.
Sorry Jizz

Your personal insults have no effect on me, nor do typical bully boy tactics.

You have not answered any of the points that I have made - FACT.

By the way - here is another one for you.

"At this rate of deficit reduction, at less than a quarter of 1% a year, it would take 400 years to balance the books.

"Now remember, George Osborne promised and David Cameron promised that they'd balance the books, totally - no more deficit - in two years' time by 2015. You can't be more catastrophically off course than that."

Now that is a fact.
Given that and the pain that we have gone through and continue to go through, please answer and defend how Cameron and Osbourne are on the right track !!.

And no need for any more insults - we can all do that :roll: .

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Why are you addressing these 'facts' at me?

Why must I defend Cameron and Osborne?

I'm not a Tory, I'm not part of the Tory cabinet, I'm not related to Cameron or Osborne - why the obsession with me defending them?

In your feeble, booze addled, circus act of a mind can you not comprehend that my disdain and dislike for nu labor and their stalwart, idiot, sheep supporters doesn't make me automatically a Tory?

Try and ignore the monkeys on unicycles that populate your consciousness for 5 minutes, and give me a coherent reason why I must address criticism of a political party I have no affiliation or connection to?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22290407

we are destined for a triple dip. FACT.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:03 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:I love fatty's debating style of summarising an argument in the vaguest, simplistic fashion possible and then banging FACT or SIMPLE on the end of it :lol:

That's because I'm a legend. FACT!!!!! :lol:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:I love fatty's debating style of summarising an argument in the vaguest, simplistic fashion possible and then banging FACT or SIMPLE on the end of it :lol:

That's because I'm a legend. FACT!!!!! :lol:
:lol:

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 am

lo36789 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22290407

we are destined for a triple dip. FACT.

No we're not. REAL FACT!

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Why are you addressing these 'facts' at me?

Why must I defend Cameron and Osborne?

I'm not a Tory, I'm not part of the Tory cabinet, I'm not related to Cameron or Osborne - why the obsession with me defending them?

In your feeble, booze addled, circus act of a mind can you not comprehend that my disdain and dislike for nu labor and their stalwart, idiot, sheep supporters doesn't make me automatically a Tory?

Try and ignore the monkeys on unicycles that populate your consciousness for 5 minutes, and give me a coherent reason why I must address criticism of a political party I have no affiliation or connection to?
OK - So, please declare where you political allegiancies lie. !!!

You support Ultra Right wing policies.

You support the right to carry guns.

You do not believe what we should be part of Europe.

It's time you actually did state what YOU DO believe in, instead of consistently criticising and slagging off in a very personal way anyone that you disagree with.

So, who do you actually support and will vote for - Time to declare !!

Will you be National Front - English Defence League - Or some other Right Wing Loony Organisation - Like Nigel Farague's joke party ??

I think that it is time you came out - and told us.

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:
OK - So, please declare where you political allegiancies lie. !!!
You can't even master basic punctuation. How can I be expected to give you the time of day when you sport such an obviously below average intellect?
You support Ultra Right wing policies.
Do I?! That's news to me, got any evidence of this?
You support the right to carry guns.
No I don't, I support the right to own sporting firearms, and remember being quite vociferous in my condemnation of the USA's 'anything goes' policy. I imagine that with your famously low intelligence you saw me say I didn't support a blanket gun ban as a reactionary measure to Sandy Hook and immediately thought 'Duuuuur Duuuur Gun Nut Duuuuur'.
You do not believe what we should be part of Europe.
Don't I? Can't remember making such a sweeping statement. Got any evidence of this? Again, i'd imagine I raised concerns about how European states are governed by Brussels and you've got right on your high horse.

It's time you actually did state what YOU DO believe in, instead of consistently criticising and slagging off in a very personal way anyone that you disagree with.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

You dozey twat :lol:
So, who do you actually support and will vote for - Time to declare !!

Will you be National Front - English Defence League - Or some other Right Wing Loony Organisation - Like Nigel Farague's joke party ??
So because I dont support the same bunch of hopeless drips you do, I must be part of the EDL, or 'another right wing lony organisation'.

This passage sums up what a contemptible cunt you are. You literally cannot comprehend the fact that someone A) doesn't subscribe to your vain, liberal one-up-manship and B) doesn't attach themselves to a single political party and wear it as a badge of honour, regardless of how inept that party is.

You must be one of the thickest twats I've ever heard of.
I think that it is time you came out - and told us.
DC
Since I was 18 I have voted for the Conservatives, the Lib-Dems, and the Greens. I'll vote for whoever will most benefit where I live and what my current situation is at the given time.

Only an idiot would do otherwise.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Well I've just read through all of this. The only conclusion I can come to is that DC is a spectacular bellend. It's quite obvious he's only come on here to a) get into a slanging match, ideally with Jazz, who unfortunately for DC has had his life throughout and b) to shove his political views down everyone's throats.

Point b. is particularly annoying as I cannot stand this type of person. Attempting to make anyone who disagrees with their opinion on a matter feel like a thick twat. It really is not difficult to start a thread on anything which encourages reasoned debate at all.
Craig Liddle is God!!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:47 pm

DC displays the typical attitude of a left winger. They hate anyone that makes a decent wedge through hard work, always demanding that these people should pay higher rates of tax just to fund the idle layabouts who cant be bothered to get jobs. What the left wingers fail to grasp is that the more people earn, the more tax they pay anyway! Why should anyone pay half of their earnings in tax just because they are well paid? Perhaps he should have a word with Scargill who continues to bask in the riches of the miners donations even though he helped ruin the industry they worked in.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Here here

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Quote Q"You can't even master basic punctuation. How can I be expected to give you the time of day when you sport such an obviously below average intellect?"

Sorry, but it's a case of kettle calling black.

I have 2 honours degrees from 2 different universities, an 'A' level in English Language and I am a fellow of a professional body - what qualifications do you have !!!.

Quote " You must be one of the thickest twats I've ever heard of".

"You dozey twat"

Actually the word is 'Dozy' - I leave it up to the readers of the Board to decide who is the "TWAT".

I rest my case.

DC

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 pm

I vote for the Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party. What do I win?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:Quote Q"You can't even master basic punctuation. How can I be expected to give you the time of day when you sport such an obviously below average intellect?"

I have 2 honours degrees from 2 different universities, an 'A' level in English Language and I am a fellow of a professional body - what qualifications do you have !!!.
That's the best you can do? After being called out on your obvious intellectual failings, all you can throw back at me is the old 'I'VE GOT A DEGREE' line? Plus yet more awful punctuation and an all round atrocious use of the English language :lol:

Sorry pal, but you're either talking out of your arse or you went to some God awful universities, because you're as dumb as the day is long.

For the record I don't have a degree - I qualified as an electrical engineer in the military and now work as a trend analyst. I'm not going to get into a classless pissing contest with someone who looks like they might be homeless, but needless to say I'm vastly more successful than you in every facet of life.

It must be hard having all those degrees and such an inflated sense of self worth, yet still being bottom of the barrel, eh DC?
" You must be one of the thickest twats I've ever heard of".

"You dozey twat"

Actually the word is 'Dozy' - I leave it up to the readers of the Board to decide who is the "TWAT".

I rest my case.

DC
:lol:

'I rest my case'

Stupid fucker. You can't even quote properly you complete joke shop.

Also, sorry about misspelling dozy mate - I get the impression you run into that word more often than me.

And re. Being a twat - I think the board have already decided that one.
Last edited by Jazz Maverick on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:01 am

Darlo Cockney wrote:Quote Q"You can't even master basic punctuation. How can I be expected to give you the time of day when you sport such an obviously below average intellect?"

Quote " You must be one of the thickest twats I've ever heard of".

"You dozey twat"

I rest my case.

DC
What the fuck is "a case of kettle calling black"?

Everyone knows it was the pot that was doing the "calling black", not the kettle you complete half-wit.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:22 am

What is the point in knowing something if you can't apply it in a practical manner though?

Unfortunately for you DC you may well be a bloke with a high capacity to learn, but you have an even higher capacity to type highly emotional bile that has so many holes, that it barely has the structure to appear on a page.