Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

How to add tables to your posts

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 am

ILIKETABLES
howaboutyou?
I saw someone do this in another thread. You can view the code in this post and hand crank them or use BBCode table generator here...
http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode- ... rator.aspx

If you use the tool above just remember to take out all the carriage returns out of the generated code otherwise you get a lot of space above and below the table, for some reason.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Christophano
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: How to add tables to your posts

Post by Christophano » Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah, I added some custom bb tags for tables as someone had posted some interesting attendance data. They mirror standard html tables, so wrap table around the entire table, tr around each row and td around each cell (th for the header row). Not forgetting the square brackets and the slash for the closing tag.
The "styling" is very basic for the moment, I was intending to ask Mike to put some css in for these tables, so I'll see if he can roll this into the uncovered 2.5 changes.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Christophano wrote:Yeah, I added some custom bb tags for tables as someone had posted some interesting attendance data. They mirror standard html tables, so wrap table around the entire table, tr around each row and td around each cell (th for the header row). Not forgetting the square brackets and the slash for the closing tag.
The "styling" is very basic for the moment, I was intending to ask Mike to put some css in for these tables, so I'll see if he can roll this into the uncovered 2.5 changes.
Yes, column widths, alignment, and colour choice would be good.

I used it here
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Jasonsite
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Jasonsite » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello,
If you install this plugin TinyMCE Advanced and go to Setting>>>TinyMCe Advanced and drag the table in raw you will be able create tables.
conservatories stoke on trent

Conservatories Stoke on Trent We supply a range of UPVC Conservatories in and around Stoke on Trent at affordable prices