Anyone good with OS / Android App Developing?

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DTID
Team Supported: Darlington

Anyone good with OS / Android App Developing?

Post by DTID » Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 pm

I know there are a few tech minded people on here so thought I'd ask the question. I'm after creating an Android / OS app. I downloaded an app making kit but it was so complex and involved a lot of coding etc (why I don't have a clue about).

Are there any websites that have templates which can be used to create apps? If so, once these apps are created who owns the rights to the app - me or the website?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

fozzovmurton

Re: Anyone good with OS / Android App Developing?

Post by fozzovmurton » Sat May 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Out of interest, what you wanting to create mate...

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

DTID

Post by DTID » Sat May 18, 2013 9:20 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Out of interest, what you wanting to create mate...

Marxista Fozz
Nothing football related. Sounds boring but it will be a vital information tool which can be altered and used across a variety of professions. It will also be of interest to those who wish to join those professions too.

Very brief, I know! I have contacted various north east developers to see if they can assist. Would prefer to get an app designer on board on a commission basis though as I plan to sell the app for around £4.99 in the Play and Apple App Stores once completed.

DME

Post by DME » Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 am

Hi, there are many app development softwares out there. But many involve knowing how to code, it can take a while to learn how to code for android and apple OS. But, tutorials are found round the internet i.e. YouTube. You are better off going for a developer to do it for you, because it is quicker and easier if you are busy.

A bit of advice which I have seen quite a lot is that with the Play market your application gets accepted right away it doesn't need to go through various copyright procedures like Apple. Also, on the Play market even when you put your app on the free market you can still make a lot of money through the various advertisements methods that they provide. Sorry if you already knew this it's just a helpful tip that I have found.

DTID

Post by DTID » Sun May 19, 2013 12:59 pm

DME wrote:Hi, there are many app development softwares out there. But many involve knowing how to code, it can take a while to learn how to code for android and apple OS. But, tutorials are found round the internet i.e. YouTube. You are better off going for a developer to do it for you, because it is quicker and easier if you are busy.

A bit of advice which I have seen quite a lot is that with the Play market your application gets accepted right away it doesn't need to go through various copyright procedures like Apple. Also, on the Play market even when you put your app on the free market you can still make a lot of money through the various advertisements methods that they provide. Sorry if you already knew this it's just a helpful tip that I have found.
I see, didn't know whether the software would code for you. If I would need to do the coding myself then I will have to use an app developer. My main concern though is the cost to develop it.

As for selling the app, I did hear it was reasonably easy to put apps straight on the play market and heard it is difficult to register apps for whatever reason with Apple.

I could also do with speaking to an app developer about the pros and cons of advertisements and how much revenue it could produce in comparison. But as I am wanting to help design an app for professionals I would prefer it not to be ad ridden as in app adverts are well annoying!

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun May 19, 2013 1:19 pm

DTID wrote:Would prefer to get an app designer on board on a commission basis though
Good luck with that, but I suspect you'll struggle...
DTID wrote:I see, didn't know whether the software would code for you.
Fortunately software isn't that advanced yet! Very, very simple things can be created from templates, but it doesn't sound like your case fits the bill.

DTID

Post by DTID » Sun May 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Christophano wrote:
DTID wrote:Would prefer to get an app designer on board on a commission basis though
Good luck with that, but I suspect you'll struggle...
DTID wrote:I see, didn't know whether the software would code for you.
Fortunately software isn't that advanced yet! Very, very simple things can be created from templates, but it doesn't sound like your case fits the bill.
I think I will struggle to get an app developer on a a commission basis alone, you're right. May have to just stump up the cash upfront myself depending how much it will cost to develop.

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Mon May 20, 2013 2:00 am

PM me your e-mail address. If you give me a little more information about what you're doing (promise I'm not fishing to steal your idea!) I can:

1. Give you an idea how long it would take to develop.
2. Give you a rough idea how much it would cost.
3. Point you at some decent developers who do outsourced code development.

I could also give you some good pointers about how to start coding if you wanted to give it a bash yourself, but since you say you intend it to be used by professionals, they would likely know the difference between an application developed by a software engineer and someone who has just taught themselves.

DME

Post by DME » Tue May 21, 2013 7:14 pm

I believe the reason that Apple takes so long to verify your app is because of copyright. Most of the apps for the Apple market get rejected... But with the Play market you don't need to go through all that so I have heard.