Darlo Uncovered
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/

The Boxing Thread
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24510
Page 1 of 6

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  The Boxing Thread

Can't seem to find the other one so I've started another thread.

Anyway, is anyone else looking forward to the Haye-Fury fight which will almost certainly happen sometime this Summer? I'm actually expecting the build up to prove more exciting than the fight itself but I hope I'm wrong.

I think Fury has the ability to become a World Champion but I don't think he's anywhere near ready for someone like David Haye yet.

Author:  Darlospike [ Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Haye will murder him within 3 rounds I reckon.

Author:  Stu_1 [ Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

I hope Fury knows what he's doing here, IMHO he is far from ready for this sort of test at the moment and Haye will knock him back a rung or two on the rankings ladder.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

All Fury has to do is last past round 7 and he will get the KO. Haye's stamina is shocking and if Fury can land a clean, hard shot or land a good combination in the middle to late rounds he should knock him out.

Can't wait for Broner vs Malignaggi next Saturday. Broner's first real test in his career which he should come through.

Author:  Stu_1 [ Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Im not sure on that George, remember the Valuev fight?

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Darlo_George_96 wrote:
All Fury has to do is last past round 7 and he will get the KO. Haye's stamina is shocking and if Fury can land a clean, hard shot or land a good combination in the middle to late rounds he should knock him out.

Can't wait for Broner vs Malignaggi next Saturday. Broner's first real test in his career which he should come through.


I too fancy Broner, but it will be interesting to see how stepping up two weight divisions affect him.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Stu_1 wrote:
Im not sure on that George, remember the Valuev fight?

That was 4 years ago.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

MaddosMilkman wrote:
Darlo_George_96 wrote:
All Fury has to do is last past round 7 and he will get the KO. Haye's stamina is shocking and if Fury can land a clean, hard shot or land a good combination in the middle to late rounds he should knock him out.

Can't wait for Broner vs Malignaggi next Saturday. Broner's first real test in his career which he should come through.


I too fancy Broner, but it will be interesting to see how stepping up two weight divisions affect him.

I doubt it will affect him that much tbh but I was disappointing he skipped passed the light-welterweight division. That division is full of talent and he had a real opportunity to show he is the real deal. Then again I would probably do the same if I was offered 1.5 million and an easier fight.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

He looked impressive last night - although he wasn't exactly facing anyone overly dangerous. I wonder if he'll go back down to 140 for his next couple of fighs - a division with plenty of big name opponents to test himself against.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

MaddosMilkman wrote:
He looked impressive last night - although he wasn't exactly facing anyone overly dangerous. I wonder if he'll go back down to 140 for his next couple of fighs - a division with plenty of big name opponents to test himself against.

It was a good performance but he should have been a lot more active and gone for an impressive knockout. Risky performance considering he was fighting a world title holder in his home town. If Broner had a point taken off for kicking Malingnaggi in the balls (which he should have been) then it would have been a majority draw and if he had another point taken off for elbows/ hitting behind the head he would have lost. The post fight interviews were entertaining as well. Broner certainly knows how to market and sell himself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1GPBFKebEs - starts at 1:30)

I'd love to see him face Ortiz or Guerrero next but Golden Boy have said they are looking for a fight with Marcos Maidana.

The Mayweather/Alvarez tickets sold out in under a minute earlier! To early in Alvarez's career to beat someone of the quality of Mayweather it will be another UD win. Alvarez hasen't showed me that he can win but he still has a punchers chance.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

I'm not sure if I'd back Broner to beat Maidana - he's certainly a huge step up from Paulie Malignaggi.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

MaddosMilkman wrote:
I'm not sure if I'd back Broner to beat Maidana - he's certainly a huge step up from Paulie Malignaggi.

I wouldn't say he is a huge step up, he poses a different threat. I think Broner would be able to adapt and get a win against Maidana but a great fight would be Broner vs Pacquiao or Khan at 147 because his punch resistance would be better as would his power.

I heard the Mayweather vs Alvarez tickets sold out in under a minute :shock:

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Pacquiao and Khan would both take Broner out at the moment. He has a few flaws in his defence that he needs to iron out before trying his luck with the really big names.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Speaking of big hitters, did anyone see the way Gennady Golovkin just demolished Matthew Macklin on Saturday night? Macklin is no mug - yet Golovkin just knocked him into next week. I'd be very surprised if Sergio Martinez was willing to get into the ring with him anytime soon.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Price's head trainer needs to be fired he was breathing heavily after round 3 and he looks very tired going into the 5th round. Would not be surprised to see Price knocked out again.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

I called it. Price was no where near fit enough to fight tonight.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

I want to see Thompson vs Fury now.

Author:  WeAreDFC [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Think it's over for Price, don't see how he can come back from this.

Great interview with Thompson here. Especially the last 30 seconds. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfLi29An ... e=youtu.be

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

It's over after one pretty bizarre night of boxing?

Lets be honest - it wasn't exactly a boxing masterclass by either fighter and I'd be surprised if Thompson was pleased with his performance either.

Price was unlucky to lose the first fight, and I still can't explain what happened last night, but to suggest that Price should call it a day is very premature.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Darlo_George_96 wrote:
I want to see Thompson vs Fury now.


Whilst Thompson is no mug, I have no doubt that Tyson Fury would stop him inside the distance.

Author:  WeAreDFC [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

MaddosMilkman wrote:
It's over after one pretty bizarre night of boxing?

Lets be honest - it wasn't exactly a boxing masterclass by either fighter and I'd be surprised if Thompson was pleased with his performance either.

Price was unlucky to lose the first fight, and I still can't explain what happened last night, but to suggest that Price should call it a day is very premature.


I've never been impressed by Price. Just don't think the guy has the stamina or the mentality to ever be anything more than a journeyman.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Danny Garcia vs Lucas Mattysee is expected to be announced in the next 2 weeks. Some rumors that it could be on the Mayweather - Alvarez undercard but I can't see it happening. Angel Garcia wouldn't like not being the center of attention.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Showtime are apparently charging $99.99 to watch the Mayweather - Alvarez fight, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was on the undercard. Thankfully, I get it all for £10 per month on Box Nation. Superb Channel.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

WeAreDFC wrote:
MaddosMilkman wrote:
It's over after one pretty bizarre night of boxing?

Lets be honest - it wasn't exactly a boxing masterclass by either fighter and I'd be surprised if Thompson was pleased with his performance either.

Price was unlucky to lose the first fight, and I still can't explain what happened last night, but to suggest that Price should call it a day is very premature.


I've never been impressed by Price. Just don't think the guy has the stamina or the mentality to ever be anything more than a journeyman.


He has the ability though - of that there is no doubt. It's how he applies that ability that will determine whether or not he goes on to become a World Champion.

Author:  WeAreDFC [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Looks like Haye vs Fury set for September 28th. Let the fun begin...

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

The promoters will have their easiest ever fight to promote here. The trash talking will do all the selling. I just hope the fight lives up to the hype.

Author:  cameron-darlo [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

I hope Haye drops the fucker, can't stand Fury

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

I quite like him actually - he's entertaining, and that's what boxing is all about for the general fans. He's only really knuckled down for the last eighteen months and has made good progress during that period. I do think he may have taken this fight twelve months earlier than he probably should have done.

Author:  Darlo_George_96 [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

Lewis wanted to train Price for 8 weeks in a training camp in Canada but Price doesn't like training away from home so he only went for 3 which Lewis was pissed off about.

Author:  MaddosMilkman [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Boxing Thread

If that's true then Price may as well hang up his gloves tomorrow. 75% of a fight is completed in the gym. If you want to cut corners then you won't last long in this game.

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/