One man and his van

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

One man and his van

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Relating to a previous post I am moving house but require some help with the big stuff such as sofa, tables etc - don't really want to pay for a removal company to come round as I can help - I just need someone with a van who will help me out - anyone know of any firms/people they can recomend. I am staying in Darlo so not going too far
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Fibonacci0112358

Re: One man and his van

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Relating to a previous post I am moving house but require some help with the big stuff such as sofa, tables etc - don't really want to pay for a removal company to come round as I can help - I just need someone with a van who will help me out - anyone know of any firms/people they can recomend. I am staying in Darlo so not going too far

I hired a van today from North Road van hire. (Transit).

£19.95 per day. £5 extra to bring the insurance excess down to £100. (Optional).

£100 deposit required. Both parts of your driving licence and a recent utility bill with your address on.

Van was good quality and no problems renting.

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Give Carl a call at Purely Pine based at Red Barnes Way in Darlington . He has another company that hires vans and can arrange to give you a lift with loading and unloading , or could even supply a driver if needed . The charges are reasonable in my experience .

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Or simply hire a proper removal firm and put your feet up while they move your stuff. Instead of being a tight arse.

After all, if you can afford to move house, you can afford removals.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MattyJ

Post by MattyJ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

I used Acorn in aycliffe. One man, one van. I put everything on the driveway at house a before he arrived, helped him load and unload van and had help at the other end to unload onto drive and his job was done. Less than an hour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 am

Quakerz wrote:Or simply hire a proper removal firm and put your feet up while they move your stuff. Instead of being a tight arse.

After all, if you can afford to move house, you can afford removals.

Depends on if he's doing a moonlit flit!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Anyone know of anyone who does deliveries with a van locally - I am wanting a wardrobe pick up from Bishop and delivered to Darlo.
Cheers
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman