Hunting..

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Free_Transfer
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hunting..

Post by Free_Transfer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Free_Transfer wrote: A rabbit is a rabbit, a fox a fox, i don't need to call them by another name to humanely dispatch one!
By humanely dispatch, you mean shoot fuck out of, yes?
You are staunch anti religion and yet say all animal life is sacred, a Buddhist ideal. Have you got a heifer residing in your living room?
You seem to think that being pro life is a bad thing? You also seem surprised that an atheist would regard life as sacred? It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you believe in no god and afterlife, then it is likely that you realise you have only one life and value it pretty highly - and it's not surpise that empathetic people will extend that value of life to others.

I draw the line at maggots and midges myself, though.
Here we go!

"Shoot fuck out of one" ... no, not at all. Rabbits can be shot but on the whole they are caught in nets and are humanely dispatched by fracturing their necks causing instant death. No shooting fuck out of one there. And foxes are shot with a rifle, one shot - down. No shooting fuck out of one there either! You seem to have this image of lads going round blasting at anything and everything, so i'm guessing you've never been on a shoot and seen what actually happens? I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the respect shown.

Of course life is sacred. It came across as a very religious statement that's all. I appreciate and enjoy food more if i have hunted, skinned and cooked it myself. That is appreciating life.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:58 am

"Humanely dispatched". Listen to yourself man. Who are you trying to convince, yourself or me?

How long would a cute, fluffy bunny be trapped petrified in a net before you came along and executed, oops I mean "humanely dispatched" it? I'd have more respect if you just told the truth and said "killed". There is no good way to die.

That said, I do not oppose your freedom to hunt. It's just the language that you use to describe what you do, that I don't like.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 am

I do see Quakerz' point. I do tend to laugh when people say something was killed humanely. I define the word humanely though as like 'the best of a bad bunch'.

Anyway to die isn't going to be pleasant, but at least with one quick shot they're dead before they know it. My views on hunting are well known so I welcome a new vote. I've always been of the mindset that I will protect what food I / or the landowner rely on (foxes eating chickens, pigeons eating crop seeds), and where possible I will always eat what I kill.

If that's barbaric, then that's me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Let's just cut "the sport" bit out of it.

That's my number one view on it all. There are lots of issues raised here but fox hunting with red jackets/horses/dogs and all that, I mean, bloody hell.

They make out that it's pest control but it's not, and I don't write this out of class envy, far from it.
Free_Transfer wrote:I appreciate and enjoy food more if i have hunted, skinned and cooked it myself. That is appreciating life.
I don't see anything wrong with this. I personally wouldn't be able to do it, but I will go get meat from the butcher,so that's a limitation of mine. If I lived on a remote island with no Rambo type friends to hunt on my behalf I'd have a problem. I'd probably attempt to live on Fish and Veg.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Trapped, neck snapped, then skinned.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Utter vermin (it's 99.9% a dog FFS!), how dare it try and get a bit of our food. Must. Be. Executed.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Only one answer to the "seal problem"...club it, and club it, and club it, and club it to fuck, until it's brains and blood have spurted all over the ice.

Wondering if Free_Transfer is fancying a summer holiday to the far north of Canada?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Please don't "humanely dispatch" me Free Transfer, it's gonna hurt! Please no... noooooo!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm

The fox is so cute. Obviously doesn't live in Hartlepool.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Quakerz wrote:Image

Trapped, neck snapped, then skinned.
Nah, that one needs some serious fattening up before it's worth the bother of dispatching. Not a picking on it. :roll:

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Hey Quakerz you're not a propaganda officer for the various anti hunting organisations are you? A picture of a fluffy PET bunny, a fox cub then a seal cub twice...oh you're good, you really know how to tug at the heart strings of the masses! You must be on commission??

I doubt you would be lauding foxes so much if you came down one morning to find your entire chicken coop a mass of feathers, your pride and joy all dead and only one taken for food. Aye, lovely things foxes..

As for seals, why anyone would want to kill them is beyond me? Except if they're doing it for food, but on the most part it seems they are clubbed to satisfy some sort of sick pleasure, not for me and not for you to assume i would either.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Free_Transfer wrote: I doubt you would be lauding foxes so much if you came down one morning to find your entire chicken coop a mass of feathers, your pride and joy all dead and only one taken for food. Aye, lovely things foxes..
I'd hardly have "pride and joy" in a chicken coop man, and there would be only one reason I can think of to have a coop - meat and eggs. Which would mean I'd have to kill, I mean "humanely dispatch" the chickens. So some foxes come along and kill the chickens before I do, that makes them vermin does it? At least they have the excuse that as carnivores it is in their nature to kill, in fact they must kill to survive.

It's hardly their fault if they come across a coup full of chickens either. Like all their christmases and birthdays come at once for a predator, if you ask me! You can't hold that against foxes.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Never had it happen then so how can you comment? Would you kill all your chickens in one go and only eat one? Nah, didn't think so.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:Never had it happen then so how can you comment? Would you kill all your chickens in one go and only eat one? Nah, didn't think so.
Have you eaten every single thing that you've murdered?

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Mmm. Could run for ever, this one. I'm off back to the footie page.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 am

Quakerz wrote:
Free_Transfer wrote:Never had it happen then so how can you comment? Would you kill all your chickens in one go and only eat one? Nah, didn't think so.
Have you eaten every single thing that you've murdered?
I have eaten, given away or fed to the dogs all meat that is considered edible.

Just because the chicken you consume comes gutted, headless, plucked and in plastic packaging doesn't mean it wasn't alive and well at some point then murdered (by your own definition) to provide for your family...just because you didn't do the deed yourself doesn't mean you aren't eating anything other than 'murdered' meat. If you think that's okay but then call people out about hunting their own food then if i'm honest, you're off your tits :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:31 pm

You want to make your mind up why you're hunting. One minute it's for food, the next it's for sport, I mean "pest control".

Just admit that you like killing stuff.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Quakerz wrote:You want to make your mind up why you're hunting. One minute it's for food, the next it's for sport, I mean "pest control".

Just admit that you like killing stuff.
Well done for completely ignoring my last post.

You eat meat so don't try and lecture me about the rights and wrongs of hunting.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:34 pm

I have made no comment on the rights and wrongs of hunting, and have made no attempt to lecture you on that. In fact, I said I respect your freedom to hunt. Read my replies again...

I merely questioned your motivation for hunting, and questioned your terrible euphemisms for killing, such as "humanely destroyed", a phrase that I found a bit laughable...it was like you were trying to downplay the killings and murders somewhat.

But nowhere did I say you were wrong to murder defenceless animals that happened to be unlucky enough to be in your vicinity at the wrong time :thumbup:

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 am

Well yeah, if you go round using the word 'killed' fannies tend to get their knickers in a twist straight off the bat. If you say 'humanely dispatched' it has less of an effect on them. It's not for my benefit that i use it!

My motivation for hunting? Food, pest control, crop protection, livestock protection, the majority of what i kill goes to feed me, friends or the dogs & ferrets. We should be commended really, we do the work to keep your weekly shopping bill down and get called worse than shite for it. Strange country we live in.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Who's called you worse than shite for it?

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Foxes are smart, artful cunning creatures and if a fox is stupid enough to get caught, it's its own look out. My Uncle Reynard told me that, and he reckoned he knew a lot about foxes.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Not smart enough though to make weapons and enlist other animals (Horses/Dogs) to join in with the fun. It's hardly a fair fight is it.

Now if the Foxes had AK47's it would be a bit more sporting..........
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:16 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Not smart enough though to make weapons and enlist other animals (Horses/Dogs) to join in with the fun. It's hardly a fair fight is it.

Now if the Foxes had AK47's it would be a bit more sporting..........
Not without opposable thumbs it wouldn't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

number_one

Post by number_one » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:Well yeah, if you go round using the word 'killed' fannies tend to get their knickers in a twist straight off the bat. If you say 'humanely dispatched' it has less of an effect on them. It's not for my benefit that i use it!

My motivation for hunting? Food, pest control, crop protection, livestock protection, the majority of what i kill goes to feed me, friends or the dogs & ferrets. We should be commended really, we do the work to keep your weekly shopping bill down and get called worse than shite for it. Strange country we live in.
I can't see anyone calling you worse that s*** in this thread, I have an opinion on people that hunt but I'll reserve that, only thing I notice being dispatched here is the topic itself, by Quakerz with well reasoned points and facts.

I spend a lot of time in the country, out Aysgarth way, I watch these big men hunt, real big men with guns and dogs looking for defenceless Rabbits and alike, it's not as you say it is in my experience, one shot isn't the end as sadly their shooting isn't that good, many a time I come across Rabbits in agony with inaccurate shots, same with wildfowl. But then the same men will rock up at the pub at the end of the night giving it the big 'un as they offer the landlord some of their catch.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 pm

number_one wrote:
Free_Transfer wrote:Well yeah, if you go round using the word 'killed' fannies tend to get their knickers in a twist straight off the bat. If you say 'humanely dispatched' it has less of an effect on them. It's not for my benefit that i use it!

I can't see anyone calling you worse that s*** in this thread, I have an opinion on people that hunt but I'll reserve that, only thing I notice being dispatched here is the topic itself, by Quakerz with well reasoned points and facts.

I spend a lot of time in the country, out Aysgarth way, I watch these big men hunt, real big men with guns and dogs looking for defenceless Rabbits and alike, it's not as you say it is in my experience, one shot isn't the end as sadly their shooting isn't that good, many a time I come across Rabbits in agony with inaccurate shots, same with wildfowl. But then the same men will rock up at the pub at the end of the night giving it the big 'un as they offer the landlord some of their catch.
Where did i say it was said on this thread like?

These 'big men' and their guns and dogs keep the rabbits from causing major crop damage and in turn keep your shopping bill down amongst other things. Blinkers off, sensible head on, look at the bigger picture.

I'm all ears if you've proof of these injured rabbits or is it just anti hunting sensationalism?