Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:50 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:17 pm
Not happy that Leeds snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
Neither was I, but it was a hell of a game to watch as an outsider.
Ps, I will be Wigwam fan next weekend for 80 minutes !!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 am

Haha didn't realise you would go to the dark side & turn into a Wigan fan, if only for a day!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 am
Haha didn't realise you would go to the dark side & turn into a Wigan fan, if only for a day!!
A day? Far too long. An hour and a half is fine !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Well I'll happily be a Hull KR for 1.5hrs as well if you can beat the Wolves for us?

Really surprised to , that Wigan's game on Sunday afternoon is on Sky TV, that's the first time I've known Sky covering a SL game on a Sunday afternoon, not that I'm complaining, haha.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:49 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 pm
Well I'll happily be a Hull KR for 1.5hrs as well if you can beat the Wolves for us?

Really surprised to , that Wigan's game on Sunday afternoon is on Sky TV, that's the first time I've known Sky covering a SL game on a Sunday afternoon, not that I'm complaining, haha.
Pete, every game from now until the end of the season,(if behind closed doors), is on Sky split between Saturday and Sunday.
Would happily settle for the same score as the last time we played Warry at Leeds. The cup semi final in 2015 We were 18/1 underdogs.(I had a nice bet because they were silly odds on a 2 team game). I had just been released from hospital in Sheffield that morning after an eye operation and managed to get my next door neighbours daughter to drive me from Barnsley to Leeds for the game. It was the last time I stood at a rugby match and the whole old main stand was buzzing with KR fans. (We must have outnumbered them by about 3/1 all round the ground.
We were ahead most of the game but when Shaun Lunt went over near full time, and Josh Mantellato hit the kick to confirm a 26-18 win the whole place went ballistic. Great memory and great pick me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEiyGB38uLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0vkjPq5S3c

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:57 am

The season resumes for us at KR today with a game v Warry. Seems the bookies have not learned the lesson from 2015 as we are 7/1 with Betfred with Warry @12/1 on. Had a few bob on us, as you do !!!

On another topic I am going to find it very hard getting my head round Danny Maguire playing number 9 for Darlo. Did we swap sports or did Dan? Also, as a full time employee of KR I have not heard he has asked permission to skip work on Saturday which, within the parameters of his job with us is his busiest day !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Just watched the prequel. Cat's did well. Cas poor from binning onwards.
10 minutes to kick off.
Nerves jangling. Stomach churning.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:08 am

One big shock yesterday, as Catalan thrash & beat Castleford, no doubt Rob will be in mourning. Not surprised to see Hull KR lose at Warrington, but I had expected it to be closer. I'm away this weekend, so unable to see any of the games. However, I am taping the Wigan game, so no telling me the result, haha.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:54 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:08 am
One big shock yesterday, as Catalan thrash & beat Castleford, no doubt Rob will be in mourning. Not surprised to see Hull KR lose at Warrington, but I had expected it to be closer. I'm away this weekend, so unable to see any of the games. However, I am taping the Wigan game, so no telling me the result, haha.
You should have taped ours. Al the coms said we played the best rugby they have seen for years.

Warry ran away with it in the later stages, but even the last try was from a forward pass when they had a 4 on 1 advantage !!!! (3 tries in total from forward passes)
Sadly, and nothing unusual with the officials in charge, I do not remember us getting 1 50-50 call from them.

Would love to hear Robs take on the dropped ball-try. I am 100% sure we would never have been given that 1.

Both sides simply dropped the ball way to often but they had a cutting edge through the middle that we always know we are too small to cope with.
A flag for Mose in the stands does not do it. We need him on the pitch. Sadly of course it will never happen again.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:16 am

Well that was a struggle, but the win is all important. Thought we played some great rugby at times & for most of the game we looked to have things under control, until the last few minutes. Johnstone's try for Wakefield was nothing short of sensational. A bit of the shock in the game afterwards as St. Helens thump Leeds.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:16 am
Well that was a struggle, but the win is all important. Thought we played some great rugby at times & for most of the game we looked to have things under control, until the last few minutes. Johnstone's try for Wakefield was nothing short of sensational. A bit of the shock in the game afterwards as St. Helens thump Leeds.
Pete, not knocking any try, but make sure you watch 1 of the rugby programs that show all the tries. Crooks was an outstanding try by any way of deciding what is good. Ps, our last 1 wasn't bad either. We are certainly throwing the ball about

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:03 pm

Disappointing to see that Hull & Salford's games have had to be postponed due to Coronavirus 19 issues. This will make it hard for these games to be re-arranged, with a congested fixture list already facing these clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53753673

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:19 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:03 pm
Disappointing to see that Hull & Salford's games have had to be postponed due to Coronavirus 19 issues. This will make it hard for these games to be re-arranged, with a congested fixture list already facing these clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53753673
Dull did more tests yesterday and Wednesday. No results yet but I would not bet against more positive results and if Salford get any positive tests back then I think the whole season will be done with

Mute point, but KR have no match this week and could have stepped in to play either Cas or Cat's to free up a space later for either Salford or Dull to play their games at a later date with no real fixture messing. Typical of the RFL they have not thought of this.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am

Salford testing today the 17th and 20th.
Can they get the results through before next weekend?

Nothing in todays Hull Daily Fail about Dulls latest tests

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:44 pm

3 more positive tests for Dull. Making 12 in total so far.
Salford report second set of all clear tests.
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/hull-fc- ... 9wbKBlHnLc

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:50 pm

I see Hull's Challenge Cup against Castleford has been postponed due to the positive Coronavirus 19 tests at Hull, which just further adds to the fixture congestion.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:50 pm
I see Hull's Challenge Cup against Castleford has been postponed due to the positive Coronavirus 19 tests at Hull, which just further adds to the fixture congestion.
I found out today that we had been told on Monday we would be playing Cas this weekend as we were the only club originally not to have a fixture. Then on Wednesday we were contacted again and stood down in favour of Saints. No reason given at all. Strange.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Watched Catalan thrash Wakefield, they have looked very strong since the resumption & they must be a strong contender to be in the top 4 come the end of the season. Also watching Huddersfield v Warrington, Huddersfield really unlucky as Warrington should have had a player sent off in the first half & Warrington took the lead in the second half with an obvious forward pass. I guess the bigger clubs always seem to get the benefit of the doubt don't they?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:47 am

I watched in annoyance.
Drinkwater put more energy into 1 game than he did in an entire season with us.
Add to that, we picked Joel Tomkins up and gave him a lifeline when no-one else would touch him. Allowed him to leave to "Go nearer home" How the F*** is the south of France "nearer home"?
Ps, they do seem to have come good under Macbanana.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Tense game today Tigers v saints, proud of my boys putting up a really good display which bodes well for coming weeks, unfortunately no game now for 3 weeks!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Thought Castleford showed great spirit today, amazing that they haven't won at St Helens for 33 years!!

Wigan were pretty impressive tonight beating Leeds 28-10 & a great gesture acknowledging Rob Burrows, who quite often in the past was a thorn in our side.

Dhoni56

Post by Dhoni56 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:02 pm

I’ve always enjoyed watching the highlights
you also read smartdot review

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 am

A bit bizarre that given the fixture congestion, there is only one RL game taking place & that is the challenge cup as Catalan face Wakefield. I realise that Covid 19 is affecting some clubs, but surely some Superleague games could have been organised, in order to ease the fixture congestion later on.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:52 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 am
A bit bizarre that given the fixture congestion, there is only one RL game taking place & that is the challenge cup as Catalan face Wakefield. I realise that Covid 19 is affecting some clubs, but surely some Superleague games could have been organised, in order to ease the fixture congestion later on.
Cup weekend mate. The 2 never mix for some reason.
Hull were meant to be playing Salford as well. Remember the games were redrawn because of the decision by Toronto and the Championship clubs to pull out.
I totally agree mind you. In a few weeks time Leeds are already playing 3 games in 1 week and KR and others are close to that as well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:51 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:52 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Hull were meant to be playing Salford as well. Remember the games were redrawn because of the decision by Toronto and the Championship clubs to pull out.
I totally agree mind you. In a few weeks time Leeds are already playing 3 games in 1 week and KR and others are close to that as well.
Well quite happy for Leeds to face a fixture congestion problems, even Hull KR might have a chance of beating them, haha. :lol:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:51 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:52 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Well quite happy for Leeds to face a fixture congestion problems, even Hull KR might have a chance of beating them, haha. :lol:
Actually we have a decent record v Wino's. In fact before this season we had beaten them the last 3 times. Twice being on their patch. The problem is we don't just lose to them, we either win or we get slaughtered. Not often we lose to them in a close game

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 pm

I see Neil Hudgell the chairman of Hull KR is stepping down in December. Wonder if Hull KR could be in trouble as they lose their benefactor?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53894790

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:35 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 pm
I see Neil Hudgell the chairman of Hull KR is stepping down in December. Wonder if Hull KR could be in trouble as they lose their benefactor?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53894790
No a deal is already in place for the takeover.
December 1st was decided as the best date for the takeover as the league will have finished and all players contracts start from December 1st so Neil will have fulfilled his commitment to the club.
By the way, he is not walking away altogether. He intends to buy a pass for the east stand where he used to go pre taking the club over, and 2 of his companies, (his solicitors firm and his night club) will still be sponsoring the club.
We,(life members), have been told who is taking over, but as it has not been made public as yet we have been asked not to say as the new owner still has connections with another club.
People will be both shocked and surprised when they find out. I will let you know by pm 48 hours prior to the official notice going out. That will be when/ as soon as the season concludes.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:00 pm

I am in fear of our points difference over the next 3 games. 2 v Saints and 1 v Wigwam.
If we manage under 120 points against over the 3 games I think I will take that as being good results !!!!

Hearing something that shocks and disgusts me.
Seems like Toronto are back for next season.
How the hell the powers that be can possibly justify that is totally beyond me. Talk about making the game into a mockery.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:42 pm

What's wrong with Toronto being back next season? Surely the exceptional circumstances affecting everybody must be taken into account. They deserve their chance again next season.