Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:59 pm

We know that but after 2 losses you were suggesting we had reached our peak, just like to give you a bit of your own mate whilst I can COYF

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 04, 2017 8:13 am

Who's planning to go to the Magic Weekend at St. James Park, Newcastle in just over 2 weeks time? I'll be there on the Saturday evening to see Wigan take on Warrington.

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sun May 07, 2017 9:26 pm

going sunday to see main game Cas v Leeds expect to win

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 08, 2017 1:06 pm

robsraiders wrote:going sunday to see main game Cas v Leeds expect to win
That should be a great match, will be watching it on TV. Come on Cas, as don't like the Leeds Rhino's for personal reasons.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 21, 2017 8:12 am

Watched Wigan play last night, as they snatched a draw for the verge of a defeat. Not the greatest game, but terrific for the neutrals. Thought the atmosphere was terrific.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 22, 2017 8:16 am

Well done to Castleford on beating Leeds, who I can't stand for personal reasons.

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Castleford march on terrific result today to beat Saints with a much reduced first team COYF

lo36789
Posts: 7978
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Rugby League

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:33 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Well done to Castleford on beating Leeds, who I can't stand for personal reasons.
Who else is on the list Pete?

Hartlepool (Football)
Grimsby (Football)
Carlisle (Football)
Leeds (Rugby League)

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Good to see Sam Tomkins returned for Wigan for his first game of the season in their win over Warrington.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Well done to Castleford on winning the league winners shield. It looks like Salford will come second and then it'll be a real bun fight for third and fourth spots. I reckon any side coming into the form for the super 8's, will be in with a great chance of making the top 4.

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm

The mighty Tigers March on league shield just about won, and grand final win can be achieved COYF

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:16 am

robsraiders wrote:The mighty Tigers March on league shield just about won, and grand final win can be achieved COYF
You'll definitely make the last 4, but the grand final will be hard to achieve. In recent years since the super 8's were established, the top 4 has looked nailed on before the super 8's started. This time things are a lot closer and I can see places changing by the end of the super 8's.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:39 am

Semi-finals of the Challenge Cup start today as Leeds play Hull and then tomorrow Salford play Wigan. I reckon it's a toss up between Hull and Leeds and Wigan will start as favourites tomorrow. So hopefully a Hull versus Wigan final beckons.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Pleased that Hull did the business against Leeds, just need Wigan to win tomorrow.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:57 am

Great performance from Wigan, to set up a challenge cup final against Hull on August 26th.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Interesting to see that Wigan and Hull are going to play a regular season league game in Australia at the start of next season.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:55 am

Massive match today in the Challenge Cup Final between Hull & Wigan. Wigan must start as slight favourites.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:11 am

Hull deservedly win a close encounter 18-14

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:40 pm

I Wont be at Stockport game as Tigers make it to Grand Final COYF

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Million pound showdown this afternoon between Leigh Centurions and the Catalan Dragons. I hope Catalan win this game as I think they definitely add something to the Premiership.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:20 am

Good luck to Castleford, hope you hammer Leeds. You deserve to win the grand final after the season you've had. Hope you enjoy the evening Rob.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:46 am

Sorry to see Castleford lose, don't know what happened yesterday, as second best for much of the game. Think Hardaker being left out was a massive blow. Rob did you hear what he was supposed to have done to break club rules and get removed from the biggest game in Castleford's history?

comeondarlo
Posts: 2610
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).

Re: Rugby League

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Sorry to see Castleford lose, don't know what happened yesterday, as second best for much of the game. Think Hardaker being left out was a massive blow. Rob did you hear what he was supposed to have done to break club rules and get removed from the biggest game in Castleford's history?
I forgot all about the final!

Just caught up with the highlights now. I'm absolutely gobsmacked how easily Leeds won, I was expecting Cas to win easily.

Well chuffed for Leeds and sorry for Cas at the same time.

Hardaker was a 'problem child' at Leeds too, I do wonder what he did to get such a tough punishment (for him and the team!)

User avatar
robsraiders
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by robsraiders » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:48 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Sorry to see Castleford lose, don't know what happened yesterday, as second best for much of the game. Think Hardaker being left out was a massive blow. Rob did you hear what he was supposed to have done to break club rules and get removed from the biggest game in Castleford's history?
I forgot all about the final!

Just caught up with the highlights now. I'm absolutely gobsmacked how easily Leeds won, I was expecting Cas to win easily.

Well chuffed for Leeds and sorry for Cas at the same time.

Hardaker was a 'problem child' at Leeds too, I do wonder what he did to get such a tough punishment (for him and the team!)
Well we just didn't turn up Leeds used their vast experience of finals to good effect, Hardaker was allegedly taking drugs what an idiot and upset the team plan
Well onto next year and hopefully do it next time still the most entertaining team who had their worst game of the season !

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

robsraiders wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Sorry to see Castleford lose, don't know what happened yesterday, as second best for much of the game. Think Hardaker being left out was a massive blow. Rob did you hear what he was supposed to have done to break club rules and get removed from the biggest game in Castleford's history?
I forgot all about the final!

Just caught up with the highlights now. I'm absolutely gobsmacked how easily Leeds won, I was expecting Cas to win easily.

Well chuffed for Leeds and sorry for Cas at the same time.

Hardaker was a 'problem child' at Leeds too, I do wonder what he did to get such a tough punishment (for him and the team!)
Well we just didn't turn up Leeds used their vast experience of finals to good effect, Hardaker was allegedly taking drugs what an idiot and upset the team plan
Well onto next year and hopefully do it next time still the most entertaining team who had their worst game of the season !
I'm sure you still enjoyed the evening Rob? Hopefully it won't be another 20 years before Castleford appear in their next Grand Final.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 am

Great to see that the Magic Weekend is coming back to St. James Park in May.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:10 pm

England lose their opener against Australia. The Australian's looked physically much more imposing than us. We can only get better.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 am

England play the Lebanon today in a must win game. Strange that the Lebanon team is almost exclusively made up of ex-pats, so in reality your almost playing an Aussie team.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:50 pm

England win 29-10 against workmanlike opposition, not very inspiring.

User avatar
Earl_Lee_Dawes
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: Rugby League

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:11 am

Too strong for the French today though.

Post Reply