Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:41 pm

An interesting selections to pick from for the greatest try in the last 125 years.

https://www.rugby-league.com/125?utm_ca ... YY7,2SCE,1

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm

The magic weekend at St James Park is under threat from the coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/52039338

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:57 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm
The magic weekend at St James Park is under threat from the coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/52039338
Hadn't thought of that. Best value weekend of sport you can find. 6 games and it costs me a tenner for 2 people !!!! Plus a quick 30 minute drive and I am home.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:21 am

Given the postponement of sport worldwide, I'd think it's almost certain that the weekend will be cancelled. Especially if football makes a comeback. Did anybody buy there tickets in advance, I guess you'll get a refund?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:21 am
Given the postponement of sport worldwide, I'd think it's almost certain that the weekend will be cancelled. Especially if football makes a comeback. Did anybody buy there tickets in advance, I guess you'll get a refund?
Most clubs have been "Pre selling" since just after the season started to sell as many as possible rather than rush nearer the date I know KR have sold over 3000 for the second day and over 1000 for the weekend. I buy mine automatically with being a Gold life member.
Most won't think of this, but Newcastle always play on the Friday night pre magic and it is free entrance for anyone with the weekend pass as they make a shed load of money on food and drink. There are also other spin off's. Hotels, pubs, restaurants.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 am

Not good news that Mose Masoe is being asked to leave his hospital bed before he is ready to go home, in order for his bed to be used by a coronavirus patient. Hope he can continue to make progress & I hope his long term health & wellbeing is threatened by this decision. Tough times for everybody at the moment.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:13 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 am
Not good news that Mose Masoe is being asked to leave his hospital bed before he is ready to go home, in order for his bed to be used by a coronavirus patient. Hope he can continue to make progress & I hope his long term health & wellbeing is threatened by this decision. Tough times for everybody at the moment.
Yes we heard this 3 days ago. Mose has been up and working at walking with the help of parallel bars for the last few days. (Totally amazing in itself when you consider the original prognosis), and was due to move to the next stage of learning to walk which would have included him learning to stand himself without anyone's aid and to walk using a treadmill with hold rails for his arms to support him. Obviously going home means he does not have the equipment needed to move from stage to stage.
The club have asked the government if we pay is there is any way a room at his home can be adapted and equipment supplied. As his wife has changed the lounge round to take a bed for him, if this is not possible this would mean the fitting of a stair lift and setting up equipment in a bedroom for him.
Part of the problem the poor guy faces is that he still has no control in the bathroom department so is going to need someone either going in a couple of times daily or to "live in" for a period. Just to make things a tad harder his wife is nearly 6 months pregnant as well as having the 2 young girls to look after.
The guy really is amazing. He has been making a video every single day and posting it to KR members and not once during the entire episode has he not had a smile on his face or come across as being sorry for himself.

Ps, Thank you. It is always a boost to know that fans from other clubs are taking an interest in this remarkable man.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:44 pm

Great news for Mose Masoe as he is being allowed to remain in hospital to continue his recuperation from his horrendous injuries suffered in the pre-season game at Wakefield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/52213309

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:44 pm
Great news for Mose Masoe as he is being allowed to remain in hospital to continue his recuperation from his horrendous injuries suffered in the pre-season game at Wakefield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/52213309
Was just watching his latest video. He managed to walk about 10 yards using a zimmer frame yesterday.
I admit to see him stand on his own from his bed with no help and then do the distance brought tears to my eyes.
Well done to Pinderfields for insisting that the spinal unit had to remain