David Cameron and the floods.

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grytters
Team Supported: Darlington

David Cameron and the floods.

Post by grytters » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 am

Young man, there's no need to feel down

I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.

I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town

There's no need to be unhappy.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a

Bring Back the Quarters

grytters

Re: David Cameron and the floods.

Post by grytters » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Meanwhile, the Fat Controller

Calls on the services of a "very special engine" -

Bring Back the Quarters

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Isn't it amazing how the response to the floods only gets seriously under way when the tory heartlands are threatened? Wonder what those West Country folk think of the sudden acceleration? :roll:

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:47 pm

joejaques wrote:Isn't it amazing how the response to the floods only gets seriously under way when the tory heartlands are threatened? Wonder what those West Country folk think of the sudden acceleration? :roll:
Or the North East the other year

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 pm

if we were in the phillipines or Syria or Africa they would be getting millions to help, but no people will probably never live in their house again,it may take a year to get sorted then if more bad weather comes it'll happen again.

its never stopped raining all day in bishop so hp will be under water now I bet

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:46 pm

quakerray wrote:if we were in the phillipines or Syria or Africa they would be getting millions to help, but no people will probably never live in their house again,it may take a year to get sorted then if more bad weather comes it'll happen again.

Put down your daily mail.

The millions in foreign aid goes to help people who don't have a house, or sanitation, or babies because their babies have died of malnutrition and disease. Its a great shame that people are being flooded out of house and home, but their issues pale in significance to those in many of the developing/war torn countries we send aid to.

Foreign Aid is one of the great developments of civilisation over the last 30 years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Spyman wrote:
quakerray wrote:if we were in the phillipines or Syria or Africa they would be getting millions to help, but no people will probably never live in their house again,it may take a year to get sorted then if more bad weather comes it'll happen again.

The millions in foreign aid goes to help people who don't have a house, or sanitation, or babies because their babies have died of malnutrition and disease. Its a great shame that people are being flooded out of house and home, but their issues pale in significance to those in many of the developing/war torn countries we send aid to.

Foreign Aid is one of the great developments of civilisation over the last 30 years.

I dont read the daily mail.

yes i know we send for good causes,it just seems like we don't help our own as much as others.
what do we give out.. sandbags.

polititions in papers going to the floods in their wellies just to make it look like they are doing something.

a guy from the east coast of America I play online pool with told me about HAARP they say the americans are using it for weather modification and cause earthquakes and disasters to knock out communication systems etc. http://www.globalresearch.ca/haarp-secr ... fare/20407

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 am

quakerray wrote:a guy from the east coast of America I play online pool with told me about HAARP they say the americans are using it for weather modification and cause earthquakes and disasters to knock out communication systems etc. http://www.globalresearch.ca/haarp-secr ... fare/20407
well if a guy you play pool with online said it it must be true!

Imagine if this weather was just happening because well that is what weather does. We live on an island getting battered by the elements has to be expected from time to time, we make up for it by having pretty mild and consistent conditions compared to the rest of the world most of the time.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 am

quakerray wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I dont read the daily mail.

yes i know we send for good causes,it just seems like we don't help our own as much as others.
what do we give out.. sandbags.

polititions in papers going to the floods in their wellies just to make it look like they are doing something.

a guy from the east coast of America I play online pool with told me about HAARP they say the americans are using it for weather modification and cause earthquakes and disasters to knock out communication systems etc. http://www.globalresearch.ca/haarp-secr ... fare/20407
Well our annual spend on charity at home far outweighs what we send abroad to help those not privileged enough to have been randomly born in a well developed, relatively stable country like you and I.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:42 am

I can't see how anybody could be against Foreign Aid and the work that they do, especially in Africa. Relatively small amounts of money can (and does) make a world of difference to millions of people.
Northern League Champions 2013

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 am

quakerray wrote: polititions in papers going to the floods in their wellies just to make it look like they are doing something.
Problem is that when no one from Government went initially they all slatted them saying they didn't care so when they went they get slated for a PR stunt, I would imagine their time was best spent behind a desk organising things and getting real boots on the ground sorting things not waddling around in water saying Oh its bad ain't it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:I would imagine their time was best spent behind a desk organising things
Well...sign the cheques basically! They are in a bit of a lose lose scenario as you point out.

The politician is just a figurehead for a department after all. Unfortunately the "Well we took a risk based approach. We have a finite budget and we must allocate this resource to projects which are deemed to be at the highest risk, that doesn't mean that exceptional event can't occur which have these type of results." response can't seem to subdue questions like "Yeh but the trampoline in my garden is now ruined, how are you going to fix that?".

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Haha, I love how this turned from a tongue-in-cheek post by grytters into a heated debate about foreign aid.

To lighten the mood again, here's a rabbit with a pancake on its head:

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 pm

TSQuaker wrote:I can't see how anybody could be against Foreign Aid and the work that they do, especially in Africa. Relatively small amounts of money can (and does) make a world of difference to millions of people.

I never said I was against it, all I said was when something happens, were the first to raise millions,to send. I mean we sent 380 million for aid to india, they said they don't need it, not long after that india spent 680million to send a rocket to mars, so theres 380 million we could've had and saved.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:51 pm

quakerray wrote:all I said was when something happens, were the first to raise millions,to send.
And that's something to be proud of, not angry about.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 pm

im not angry, im saying wheres the help when families here need it, they get sand bags which are no good under 6 foot of water.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 pm

quakerray wrote:im not angry, im saying wheres the help when families here need it, they get sand bags which are no good under 6 foot of water.
How do you know we're not helping them? Did you hear all this from some guy you play online strip poker with? Because if you did, then it's most likely sensationalist bullshit.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Not quite sure what you can do when water is coming up from the water table and not the rivers, can't pump out the water table

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:11 am

On the subject of sending money to India, lets not kid ourselves that any of that cash is actual 'aid'.

Its a glorified bung to keep us invested with the largest emerging economy in the world.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:10 am

At least the floods saves people travelling to the seaside.

How you doing Jazz. Long time no read mate.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Aye alright ta mate, yourself? You were looking at leaving stapleton and moving back to town last time we spoke, did that work out for you?

Haven't been on here much, turns out the site owner prefers to ban actual Darlo fans instead of Poolie trolls and trouble making creeps. Hence this stupid login name.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Aye moved back into town last year. I'll have a word and see if you're allowed back into the playground when I see him. Not got to many matches myself due to shifts and match postponements.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:20 pm

http://dailyhawk.co.uk/2014/02/14/afric ... ny-longer/

DC