iPad 4 - Wi-Fi issues

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

d4rlo
Team Supported: Darlington

iPad 4 - Wi-Fi issues

Post by d4rlo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Ladies, Gents,

I know that there are quite a few IT savvy users on here and I am calling on your help!

I have an iPad 4 that I use to connect to a public Wi-Fi network within my accommodation as well as my iPhone 5 and laptop. Up until about a week ago I had no problems at all connecting with any of the devices. Then all of a sudden both the iPad and iPhone stopped connecting to the Wi-Fi in my accommodation but, they would both still connect to other public Wi-Fi networks - at the airport for example. My laptop continued to connect without any problems. I have done a bit of research and have managed to get the iPhone working by resetting the network settings and doing a full shut-down of the device but this same action hasn't worked on the iPad. I have been using the iPad about an hour ago on an alternative Wi-Fi network and all is okay, come back to my accommodation and it won't connect!

I am now at a total loss now as the iPad will still connect to other networks but not the one in my accommodation. Both my iPhone and laptop will both automatically connect to the very same network! Both of the Apple devices are updated to IOS 8.1.3.

Any advice or suggestions are very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Jon