Raj Singh

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

windyforce4
Team Supported: Darlington

Raj Singh

Post by windyforce4 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Raggie Raj Singh is guest on Radio Tees as their special after 2 pm guest tomorrow ( Thursday ). Speaking about his care homes and experiences when with Darlo. Should be interesting. Email radio Tess any question you want to ask. Not sure if they are brave enough to open the lines for on the air questioning. Mine is already sent.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:26 pm

I'll be at work tomorrow, but I'd appreciate any link to the interview.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:26 pm

I'll be at work tomorrow, but I'd appreciate any link to the interview.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm at work too, and I'd also appreciate a link, however, I'd be amazed if this programme digs deep and tackles him properly about any important matter re DFC.

Raj Singh!!!!!

Who never realised the importance of keeping our league place? Who didn't even think we would be relegated from the football league? Who, in fact was ultimately responsible for five relegations in two and a half years? Who kept on pontificating that he was prepared to pass the club on, but when the moment came was unable to cut a deal with anyone? Who, when the end came decided to finish us off, by cutting up rough with the mysterious football share – when (as far as I can see) to help us wouldn't have made any difference to him at all?

Reynolds left us with a stadium and a football league place.

Raj Singh left us with nothing.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:31 am

BBC Radio Tees 95,0 FM

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:21 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_tees

It is working fine in Armenia, hope it will work for you guys back home. :-)
John

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:11 pm

On now - just listening to his voice is winding me up

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:33 pm

What did he say?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Nothing yet really - just waffling on about how hard his life has been (my heart bleeds). About to talk football next apparently....

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Same old excuses so far

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Making my blood boil - worst Darlington chairman ever.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Oops so angry I've pressed enter twice :lol:

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:51 pm

He is not going to be asked about the football share

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Looks like it. Which is a shame. Although no doubt he would have squirmed out of it.
Last edited by al_quaker on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Seems we are a bunch of ungrateful oiks.

Seems to think he was our saviour

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:17 pm

That has just reaffirmed that we are so much better off without men like him involved in our football club. I actually thought there were some decent questions asked (shame nothing about the football share), but the mans answers were just infuriating. We've had to go again from basically nowhere, both off the pitch and on the pitch, but that will be worth it if we never again have people like him involved in our club.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Radged Strings - I couldn't bear to listen.

Did he show any regret at all?

Can't really blame anyone for walking away from a loss making club, it was just the way it was done and the moving of goalposts that enraged most fans.

We're supposed to be grateful for him taking us from League 2 down all the way down to the Northern League, leaving us with a 6 figure sum owing to a bunch of professional players that he wouldn't pay?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

ArmchairDiehard

Post by ArmchairDiehard » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:58 pm

It sounds as though I'm glad I didn't tune in.
Quakerz wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:I would hazard a guess as someone with a long throw who is also tall.
What about Steve Backley?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Quakerz wrote:Radged Strings - I couldn't bear to listen.

Did he show any regret at all?

Can't really blame anyone for walking away from a loss making club, it was just the way it was done and the moving of goalposts that enraged most fans.

We're supposed to be grateful for him taking us from League 2 down all the way down to the Northern League, leaving us with a 6 figure sum owing to a bunch of professional players that he wouldn't pay?
Professional players that HE employed and paid (or not) with his money.

It should've been his debt, not the club's.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Glad I didn't listen. As usual BBC Tees ready to put Radged Strings on but barely give us the time of day any other time unless is suits. The pair of them can bugger off.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:50 pm

TFDM has it right. BBC Tees used to cover us well when we were in the conference but as soon as we went in to the Ebac league they dropped us like a stone. I pointed out to them that we had kept our fan base but they weren't interested. If you tune in on a Saturday all you get is the Boro, the Boro and more Boro. Well I've nothing against the Boro, but I have now against BBC Tees. To be honest I currently prefer tuning in to BBC York.

TS3

Post by TS3 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Talking to a BBC Tees sport person couple of months ago, despite our support, they find it hard to justify giving us coverage at our level when we are below Whitby in pyramid and level to Spennymoor.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 pm

I never listen to BBC Tees, I presume they just read out our score in the non-league section and that's the extent of their coverage?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:43 am

This won't be popular, but I can see where Tees were coming from in deciding not to cover us as much.

From a technical point of view, doing live commentaries every week is just about impossible.

Knowing BBC Local Radio as I do, given how basic the grounds we play in are, commentary is just not an option on a regular basis.

I believe they still get reports/updates from time to time.

And whenever there's a big story with us, to give them their dues, they do try and cover it.

Whether you think we should get more coverage is subjective. We're below Whitby and level with Spennymoor.

Any increase in coverage for us would lead to complaints from those sides' fans. Remember how fans on NonLeagueZone whinged about the Echo giving us more coverage than other sides when we were in the Northern League.

Larger fan base is a factor but not the only one.

Looking at it from Tees' point of view, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:17 am

Funny though, if it was a commercial station they'd produce content that their listeners would listen to, irrespective of place in the pyramid as it would have a direct link to revenue. Since the BBC is funded by all of us irrespective, they are free to focus on the club their editorial team supports all the time pretty much, with a bit of lip service to Pools. There is no consequence, although next time the"save local radio" campaign comes rolling around I will be asking them to shove it up their holes!
Can't remember the last time I listened.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:58 am

m62exile wrote:Funny though, if it was a commercial station they'd produce content that their listeners would listen to, irrespective of place in the pyramid as it would have a direct link to revenue.
Not true. They'd plough most of their efforts into Middlesbrough because they have a larger number of fans and are higher up the pyramid. Resources are tight at local level, so they'd go after the biggest group of fans.

Look at Metro/Capital/Heart in Tyne and Wear. It's all about Newcastle and Sunderland. The likes of Gateshead and Blyth don't get a look in, unless it's an exceptional story.

And then said stations get accused of "jumping on the bandwagon."

Like I said, it's impossible for radio stations to keep everyone happy.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:35 am

One of the reasons I'm pissed off at Tees is they scooped an award and a lot of positive stuff off the back of our admin etc. They were quite happy to be around the club and cover us then when it was kicking off but not now. Granted I don't expect full commentaries etc, I'm aware of how difficult it is to cover games. But we get bugger all coverage. Surely there is enough demand for a non league evening to wrap up the goings on in non league tees and surrounding football?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:01 am

Tees actually give more airtime to the Teesside Junior League on the sports hours midweek than they do to the Evostik and NL teams.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 am

Bonkers. I know Boro are important to them but surely there is a limit to how much you can talk about them in any given week? I find it bizarre given our support that we get next to nothing from them. Even the BBC news are showing a possible interest in using our goals next season.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:06 pm

loan_star wrote:Tees actually give more airtime to the Teesside Junior League on the sports hours midweek than they do to the Evostik and NL teams.
No they don't. Stop being ridiculous.