The Spitfires playing Durham friday night

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

strangetown
Team Supported: Darlington

The Spitfires playing Durham friday night

Post by strangetown » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:15 pm

I am running a bus from Northallerton to The Spitfires gig on friday at The Salutation Durham, we have a few places left on the bus and are picking up in Darlington and on route. If any wants to go please message me , cost is £ 20.00 includes ticket into the gig. This band played Stockton Calling at the weekend and got rave reviews,they are one of the best young bands around at the moment and will be releasing there debut album in the autumn.

Darlo_Pete

Re: The Spitfires playing Durham friday night

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 pm

I thought you were on about the Kent Spitfires playing Durham on Friday evening. :lol: :lol:

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 am

I just bought Stand down on vinyl. Agreed, they're an excellent band. Billy is a great front man.

strangetown

Post by strangetown » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Mick
Seen the Spitfires 5 times now and every time they get better, real down to earth lads who will travel all over the country to do gigs, the passion and energy they show when playing is great to see in a young band.This was my friends first go at getting a proper band on and the night went really well. We are hoping to see the boys back up this end country later in the year promoting there debut album. He's also got The Sherlocks on in Northallerton at the end of the month, which is nearly sold out.

Mick

Post by Mick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Yeah they're working bloody hard, hope they make it as they thoroughly deserve to. Seen The Sherlocks at Stockton Calling, another excellent band. Enjoy the gig, I'd come but it's too far for me to justify unfortunately.

strangetown

Post by strangetown » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Mick
Left the game early for Stockton Calling, so I could get to Sound It Out record shop to see The Spitfires. They were brilliant, then a quick walk up to see The Sherlocks in the Ku bar, second time I seen them and they are improving all the time and a good crowd in as well. Went across to the Arc to watch Neville Staples not my normal choice but put on a really good show, and meet The Spitfires there and had a quick chat. Waited for the Ordinary Boys to come on and was very disappointed with them so went across to watch The Pigeon Detectives at the Ku bar instead rammed inside and a great way to finish Stockton Calling 2015

Mick

Post by Mick » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:35 am

I saw Neville too. He was bloody brilliant! And I'd agree, Ordinary Boys were poor. I missed the Pigeon Detectives for them too. Lose/lose. Never mind. Looking forward to coming up next year for more of the same. Cheers.