FIFA and the English FA

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

FIFA and the English FA

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:45 am

I love the fact that the English FA comes out and attacks FIFA for being corrupt. How much money does it waste every year itself. You have the whole Wembley stadium debacle, where the right decision would have been to relocate it to Birmingham, we "the fans" will be paying this for years to come. You have the mis-mangement of the national side appointing yes men managers all the time. They have not been able to govern the game properly and make sure that clubs and owners are running clubs properly. They are completely diluted of power with the Premier League holding all the cards.
Finally, coming out with all this rhetoric that the "English" know best and we told you so - what have the FA done about FIFA for the last 20 years other than shout from the side lines and doing sweet FA.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FIFA and the English FA

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:36 am

Sorry but there is a huge difference between corruption and wasting money. I have wasted money in my life not sure that means I can't call someone out on being corrupt.

You are declaring Birmingham as the best option as a fact, when it isn't really. I personally like that the national stadium is in the capital city. It has more of an 'event' feel about it, it is the capital so it has the best transport links (average out rail journey times from the rest of the country, taking into account relative population, what is top?).

Hodgson, Keegan and Taylor were/are mistakes. Sven, Capello, Hoddle, Venables and Robson were good appointments and at the time nobody really complained. Things turned sour with a number of them but I don't think on appointment they were deemed to be 'yes men'.

If the FA took ownership and control over all competitions then there would be out cries that they are dictators.

I can't say I was impressed with the way our case has been handled, and there are other high profile cases over the years but at the end of the day they are they really responsible for deciding who runs a club, or are they responsible for dishing out appropriate punishment if that owner does things wrong? If they stuck their fingers in all club ownership debates then again they wouldn't be particularly popular.

Ultimately the club is just an entry on a database who pay a registration fee every year. The ownership of that club within another company or organisation takes them into sticky territory.

I don't think the FA have the power to over throw FIFA. They can report them to the policy and authorities for wrong doing (they did that), they can vote against the leadership (or well they could if there was other nominees), they could leave FIFA - but then we wouldn't compete in the World Cup, would fans be happy with that?

The FA aren't perfect, they an old boys club, but I do believe they have every right to be vocal against FIFA on this issue and it is not hypocritical.