Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » The Off Topic Room
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:26 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: English cricket.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
Looks like England have reverted to there usual type. I can't see them getting back into this test and the momentum is now definitely with the Aussies.


Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:35 pm
Posts: 7
Team Supported: Darlington
dont think we will get a draw out of this one , we getting battered


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
Well that was embarrassing how we just capitulated. We should just give up playing international cricket, as we are just not in the same league as the Aussies. The first test match was obviously just a fluke.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am
Posts: 4031
Team Supported: Darlington
http://youtu.be/sirHoeJ5Td8 just about sums that reaction


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
I've said before, Darlo_Pete doesn't believe most of the stuff he writes.

It's deliberately over-the-top or nonsensical in order to get a reaction. Quite sad really.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


Then you're a bigger moron than I thought. Inconsistent, yes, but not rubbish. We're still at 1-1 in case you hadn't noticed.

Were we rubbish against New Zealand in the ODI series a few weeks back?

Face it Pete, you're a troll.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 2531
Location: Milford Haven
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


We've won one more game in this series than the foorball team won in their last series. And against better opposition. :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


Then you're a bigger moron than I thought. Inconsistent, yes, but not rubbish. We're still at 1-1 in case you hadn't noticed.

Were we rubbish against New Zealand in the ODI series a few weeks back?

Face it Pete, you're a troll.


I'm allowed my opinion, I respect yours and you should respect mine.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


Then you're a bigger moron than I thought. Inconsistent, yes, but not rubbish. We're still at 1-1 in case you hadn't noticed.

Were we rubbish against New Zealand in the ODI series a few weeks back?

Face it Pete, you're a troll.


I'm allowed my opinion, I respect yours and you should respect mine.

No I don't. Your opinion is baseless, simplistic and exaggerated hysteria which ignores all logic.

I don't have to respect an opinion if it's blatantly rubbish and without any reason or foundation.

I respect your right to voice your opinion, but I don't have to respect your actual opinion.

It says a lot about how little confidence you have in your own opinion that you're unwilling to defend it, but instead you're stomping your feet and demanding that I stop criticising it.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 2568
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


Then you're a bigger moron than I thought. Inconsistent, yes, but not rubbish. We're still at 1-1 in case you hadn't noticed.

Were we rubbish against New Zealand in the ODI series a few weeks back?

Face it Pete, you're a troll.


I'm allowed my opinion, I respect yours and you should respect mine.

No I don't. Your opinion is baseless, simplistic and exaggerated hysteria which ignores all logic.

I don't have to respect an opinion if it's blatantly rubbish and without any reason or foundation.

I respect your right to voice your opinion, but I don't have to respect your actual opinion.

It says a lot about how little confidence you have in your own opinion that you're unwilling to defend it, but instead you're stomping your feet and demanding that I stop criticising it.


I have say that I think you've got it spot on Gramps.
No reasoned debate just a statement, which I also agree is wrong!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I do believe that England are rubbish at Cricket.


Then you're a bigger moron than I thought. Inconsistent, yes, but not rubbish. We're still at 1-1 in case you hadn't noticed.

Were we rubbish against New Zealand in the ODI series a few weeks back?

Face it Pete, you're a troll.


I'm allowed my opinion, I respect yours and you should respect mine.

No I don't. Your opinion is baseless, simplistic and exaggerated hysteria which ignores all logic.

I don't have to respect an opinion if it's blatantly rubbish and without any reason or foundation.

I respect your right to voice your opinion, but I don't have to respect your actual opinion.

It says a lot about how little confidence you have in your own opinion that you're unwilling to defend it, but instead you're stomping your feet and demanding that I stop criticising it.


I have say that I think you've got it spot on Gramps.
No reasoned debate just a statement, which I also agree is wrong!


Well you would seeing that your a big England fan. We have under achieved in international cricket for a long time now, especially limited over cricket. Things have to change in the way we play and perhaps in the coaching setup.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:

I have say that I think you've got it spot on Gramps.
No reasoned debate just a statement, which I also agree is wrong!


Well you would seeing that your a big England fan. We have under achieved in international cricket for a long time now, especially limited over cricket. Things have to change in the way we play and perhaps in the coaching setup.


What a clueless pillock you are Pete. Everything you say you want to see happen, has happened.

We did have a change in the coaching setup. Trevor Bayliss was appointed head coach just a few weeks ago.

And the way we played v New Zealand this summer was different, especially in the one-dayers. It was more aggressive, positive and attacking, much better than the turgid rubbish of the Peter Moores era.

It's early days and we are going to be inconsistent. We're not all of a sudden going to start sweeping aside every team we play.

But some of the cricket I've seen from England this summer has been the most exciting since I started following the game.

Yes the last test was bad, but the Cardiff test a week before was an excellent display.

You still haven't provided any reasoned explanation or evidence to support your opening statement of "England are rubbish and should give up international cricket."

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 2568
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Well that was embarrassing how we just capitulated. We should just give up playing international cricket, as we are just not in the same league as the Aussies. The first test match was obviously just a fluke.



Still early days in the 3rd but.........

Anything to say!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
Nope, one day doesn't make a summer and all that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nope, one day doesn't make a summer and all that.

That's funny, a fortnight ago it did, in your eyes at least.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 2568
Location: A Swimming Pool (usually).
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nope, one day doesn't make a summer and all that.


One day doesn't but it clearly proves that the first test wasn't a fluke or that England are rubbish, not in the same league as the Aussies and should give up!

Some opinions are not valid and not worth the ink they're written with.

In short you're a know nowt! If I where you I'd be embarrassed :oops:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nope, one day doesn't make a summer and all that.


But it's not only one day. What about the first test in Cardiff? Or the series v New Zealand?

You're an utter clown Pete who knows nothing about cricket. You still haven't justified your earlier posts.

It's almost as if you want England to do badly.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am
Posts: 4031
Team Supported: Darlington
This test could be over today at this rate!!

Superb batting from England to reach the score we have, what a brilliant test, long live test match cricket


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
The facts don't lie.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/co ... 11271.html

6th in tests, 6th in ODI and 9th in 20/20 matches. That's hardly setting the cricket world alight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
The facts don't lie.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/co ... 11271.html

6th in tests, 6th in ODI and 9th in 20/20 matches. That's hardly setting the cricket world alight.

Statistics always lie. It's a matter of perception. You've taken one set of rankings and not added any context.

These rankings are largely reflective of the stodgy Peter Moores-era. England under the new coaching set-up is barely a couple of months in.

So you're condemning England without giving them chance to prove themselves under the new set-up.

And does the fact England are 6th in the world mean we should quit international cricket, as you said earlier in the thread?

Is that the best you can do? World rankings are always dodgy in every sport - football, rugby, tennis etc. They don't give a true reflection of what's happening here and now.

I notice you're ignoring England's performance so far in the 3rd test too. You said we cannot compete Australia. Do you stand by that statement?

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10958
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
The facts don't lie.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/co ... 11271.html

6th in tests, 6th in ODI and 9th in 20/20 matches. That's hardly setting the cricket world alight.

And you are an an infinite way down the list when it comes to having a clue.

Pete, can you honestly say you've ever been right? About anything?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
The facts don't lie.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/co ... 11271.html

6th in tests, 6th in ODI and 9th in 20/20 matches. That's hardly setting the cricket world alight.

And you are an an infinite way down the list when it comes to having a clue.

Pete, can you honestly say you've ever been right? About anything?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk


I am occasionally. :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am
Posts: 4031
Team Supported: Darlington
Shocking performance by England, long may they continue to be shite eh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
A second flukey win in three matches against the 2nd best test side in the world.

Total rubbish over the last three days to win by 8 wickets.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9786
Team Supported: Darlington
One swallow doesn't make a summer, as the saying goes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am
Posts: 4031
Team Supported: Darlington
No but winning 66% of you matches against the opposition so far is pretty good


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
One swallow doesn't make a summer, as the saying goes.


But it's not just one "swallow", you clueless fuckwit.

A 1-1 test series draw v an in-form New Zealand, a 3-2 ODI series win against the same opposition playing some of the most positive cricket ever seen by England, and now a 2-1 lead against an Australia side with world class players.

Even if we lose this series 3-2, England have certainly shown they can compete with the best sides in international cricket, which flies completely in the face of your incorrect assertion earlier in this thread (which you still haven't justified).

Why don't you want England to do well?

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 pm
Posts: 686
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
One swallow doesn't make a summer, as the saying goes.


But it's not just one "swallow", you clueless fuckwit.

A 1-1 test series draw v an in-form New Zealand, a 3-2 ODI series win against the same opposition playing some of the most positive cricket ever seen by England, and now a 2-1 lead against an Australia side with world class players.

Even if we lose this series 3-2, England have certainly shown they can compete with the best sides in international cricket, which flies completely in the face of your incorrect assertion earlier in this thread (which you still haven't justified).

Why don't you want England to do well?


At least he's not a boring prick. I laugh my bollocks off at your oh-so-high-and-mighty anaylitical dissection of people's posts. A life is what you need. Take a break. You need it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Ashes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3469
Team Supported: Darlington
Mick wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
One swallow doesn't make a summer, as the saying goes.


But it's not just one "swallow", you clueless fuckwit.

A 1-1 test series draw v an in-form New Zealand, a 3-2 ODI series win against the same opposition playing some of the most positive cricket ever seen by England, and now a 2-1 lead against an Australia side with world class players.

Even if we lose this series 3-2, England have certainly shown they can compete with the best sides in international cricket, which flies completely in the face of your incorrect assertion earlier in this thread (which you still haven't justified).

Why don't you want England to do well?


At least he's not a boring prick. I laugh my bollocks off at your oh-so-high-and-mighty anaylitical dissection of people's posts. A life is what you need. Take a break. You need it.


Thanks for the concern, but I'll post on here if I want. I don't need your advice on whether to do so.

If you feel threatened by my ability to engage my brain before I type, then that's your problem, not mine. I'd argue you are a boring prick, because you're not adding anything to the discussion, merely slagging someone off behind a keyboard.

It seems as though you've got a bit of an inferiority complex about others who can construct coherent arguments. You rarely add anything to discussions yourself, so just insult others for no reason. It seems you yourself needs to get a life.

This thread is about cricket, not me, so if you've got a problem with me personally, send me a DM. Or if you don't like what I type, then just ignore it.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group