Is it time...

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Is it time to bring back the Roll of Honour?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 11

Hawkeye
Team Supported: Darlington

Is it time...

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:50 pm

... to bring back the Roll of Honour?

Ok, hear me out.

Since Darlo_Pete stopped posting the ROH, I've visited this site much less regularly (granted, some will see this as a good thing). I still follow the club, but since my posts aren't being painstakingly and inexplicably counted and ranked against those of other Uncovered members, I have found it difficult to motivate myself to compete with the Quakerzes, the Darlo_Cockneys and the Andy Parks of the messageboard world. In the end, things got so depressing that I had to give up and leave the country. I'd imagine it's the same for most former messageboard regulars who post less often nowadays, and certainly explains why the club's attendances have continued to fall over the course of the last decade.

In its day, the ROH was the talk of the town. I'm pretty sure all that fuss about people wanting to be excluded and - for some obscure reason - not being excluded has all blown over by now, so it's probably safe to start it up again. What with all the uncertainty around the club's future location, anything that will create a renewed energy and buzz can surely only be a good thing. It's no coincidence that we always saw a bumper crowd at the Arena the first game after each month's ROH came out (believe me, I checked. Every match, I counted every person I could see in the stands, using binoculars to look closely at their lips and exclude them if they looked like they were swearing. Some people who sat near me didn't like this, so I included them anyway despite their abuse, just to fuck them off).

Pete could post a hard copy of the list in a secret location in Darlo town centre every month, then everyone would be like "Did anyone find this month's ROH yet?" "No!" "Ok, I'll take Binns; you check Boyes, Pizza Hut and McGurk's". Maybe you could do a thing like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but instead of winning a visit to a chocolate factory and having an 80% chance of getting maimed, the person who finds the list each month gets to see the computer the list was made on and have an 80% chance of getting a bit bored. The other 20% get to ride the lift at Darlington Town Hall (I can't remember if it has a lift).

Seems like a no-brainer, right?

Darlo_Pete

Re: Is it time...

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:08 am

I'm impressed with 71%, perhaps it is time for it's return. :D

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm impressed with 71%, perhaps it is time for it's return. :D
The polls f**k up Pete, remember the General Election? :roll:

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:47 pm

This is not how I expected things to turn out at all. 7 for and 2 against? Pete, how many fake profiles did you set up for the sake of this poll?