Euro SuperLeagueCup, for the selected few.

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BaronsCourtQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Euro SuperLeagueCup, for the selected few.

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:55 am

Seems it’s a quiet Friday ion the office, so thought I’d throw this out there for discussion.

The idea of a closed top tier European competition, what do people think? Its something that I have thought would happen its just a matter of time, I still think like that but maybe 10 years ago I thought it a bad idea, I'm coming round to it being a good thing. Let all these self appointed big clubs go off and play each other across Europe and lets leave the rest of us to get on with it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... stillitano

I think it would prove popular across the world initially but only for a short amount of time 5 –10 years then people would soon bore of the same games, I think that’s what’s happening with the Champs league currently (not helped by BT sport) this is probably leading to these discussions. Though I think it would come crumbling down in the end.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Euro SuperLeagueCup, for the selected few.

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:51 pm

You mean... they create a kind of Zoolander League all of their own?

Sounds good to me. We can start by ripping out all that goal-line technology and get back to the proper gut-wrenching feeling that "we was robbed", and the thirst for vengeance, that football is all about.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:17 pm

I think the concept of a Euro SuperLeague is flawed. Presumably no sides will be promoted or relegated from this league, which is never good. Plus the top players will be able to demand mega wages from these clubs and so the costs to fans will be extortionate. If it does go ahead, then I can see fans of the clubs involved forming new clubs , like FCUM did.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Let them go.

They can take Sky, the Sheikh/Oligarch owners, the 38th game abroad suits, the plastic fans living hundreds of miles away and the overpaid, whining, usually imported players with them.

Gives the rest of us a chance to return to decent football.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Darlo_H wrote:Let them go.

They can take Sky, the Sheikh/Oligarch owners, the 38th game abroad suits, the plastic fans living hundreds of miles away and the overpaid, whining, usually imported players with them.

Gives the rest of us a chance to return to decent football.
This^
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”