Games Consoles

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BaronsCourtQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Games Consoles

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Am just looking at buying a PS4 or Xbox. Now having not bothered with games consoles for a while (think ps2) im much out of the loop. I don’t play them too much normally it would just have been Pro Evolution (and am tempted by the star wars Battlefront) any suggestions as to which to go for and anything to look out for (memory, types of controller, playing on line)

Likewise on the football front FIFA seems to get the better reviews these days is that the case?

Appreciate this may have split opinions but just looking for a bit of guidance.

DarloOnTheUp

Re: Games Consoles

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Both consoles are very similar with most titles being on both, but the main exclusives for PS4 are Bloodborne, Uncharted, and The Last Of Us Remastered, and the Xbox One main exclusives are Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Forza 6. There are others so you may want to google it to get a full list.

Whichever console you get, make sure you get the newer 1TB version, as 500GB is nowhere near enough HD space, plus the consoles themselves are a newer version.

Both consoles charge you to play online now, and both can play Blu-Ray discs.

One benefit of the Xbox One is that it is better as an all-in-one entertainment hub as you can play games, get Netflix etc. on it, get freeview (you have to buy an adapter for £20) and it is extremely user friendly and easy to use. The PS4 has these features too but it perhaps isn't quite as user friendly. Also, Xbox One has backwards compatibility already so you can buy old Xbox 360 games on the Xbox Store.

There isn't a massive difference between the two though so either would be a good choice.

I wouldn't go near Pro Evo these days: FIFA isn't perfect but Pro Evo seems to have gone backwards, but that's just my opinion.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:53 pm

My two youngest son's insisted on an Xbox, within a month they wanted to exchange it for a PS4.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:My two youngest son's insisted on an Xbox, within a month they wanted to exchange it for a PS4.
Why? I've got a Xbox and I don't want to trade it for a PS4.

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:58 pm

If anyone is looking for a Xbox One I'm selling a 500gb one with a Kinect fallout 4 and Fifa 16

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Sell the kinect separately?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:20 pm

I would like to get rid of it all together if possible CEX trade in price is including it so if I don't get any takers il just sell it to them

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Had both, stuck with the PS4 in the end as the exclusives are more my kind of thing (Last of Us, Until Dawn, Uncharted and the upcoming No Man's Sky for example) and I had been entirely PS3 for the previous gen.

If the exclusives don't bother you much I'd consider asking around your mates to see which one they have. So much gaming is done with multiplayer online that a lot of games can only be enjoyed to the fullest when playing online with mates you can chat with in party etc. Both PS4 and XBox charge to play online and give you a few, usually crap, free games a month.

If online doesn't bother you either just go for the cheaper one, but agree with DOTU that the more memory the better.

On the subject of games, FIFA (despite it's faults) is miles ahead of PES in gameplay, user base and presentation. I also found Battlefront to be a bit crap to be honest, not much content in the base game and got way more out of Battlefield 4 as an online shooter.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.