Coronavirus Blacklist

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Coronavirus Blacklist

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:21 am

This is an idea stolen from the Poolie Bunker.

Name and shame profiteering and bad behaviour here. Underneath is taken from the Bunker.

"Story in the Echo about a village shop in Gainford near Darlington selling a 16 pack of bog rolls for £18.99, paracetamol for £4.50 and hand sanitizer between £9 and £11."
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Re: Coronavirus Blacklist

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:21 am
This is an idea stolen from the Poolie Bunker.

Name and shame profiteering and bad behaviour here. Underneath is taken from the Bunker.

"Story in the Echo about a village shop in Gainford near Darlington selling a 16 pack of bog rolls for £18.99, paracetamol for £4.50 and hand sanitizer between £9 and £11."
Great idea. I use that shop sometimes, so I won't be using it again.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 am

I saw a similar story about a chemist in Birmingham.
Quite simply, as stated in the story, it is profiteering, and illegal.
Anyone, and everyone doing it should be reported to the police and prosecuted.
I would add, contact newspapers to give them publicity that hopefully puts them out of business. At times like this we need to help each other not rip people off.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:04 am

People have long memories, when this crisis comes to an end, people will boycott these people that are trying to profit from people's misfortunes & any profits they have made from this crisis will soon be wiped out.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:04 am
People have long memories, when this crisis comes to an end, people will boycott these people that are trying to profit from people's misfortunes & any profits they have made from this crisis will soon be wiped out.
I do hope so. It would be exactly what they deserve.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:11 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Agree with the above sentiments but we need to be careful on here to be accurate with what we say as reputations can easily be damaged.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:11 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Agree with the above sentiments but we need to be careful on here to be accurate with what we say as reputations can easily be damaged.
True.

Just to make it clear, I don't even know where Gainford is. My thoughts were about the chemist in Birmingham, which funnily enough I do know where it is, and others doing the same

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:55 pm

Gainford is about 7 miles West of Darlington on the A67 between Barnard Castle & Darlington.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:46 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:55 pm
Gainford is about 7 miles West of Darlington on the A67 between Barnard Castle & Darlington.
Thinking about it Pete, I probably know the Darlo surrounds less than any other part of the country. Remember going to BC as a kid, but would have to google it to place it. Used to go in summer to a place on the Tees that had a lovely waterfall and swimming. Middleton Tyas? One row? I know Croft and Hawes, but I was shocked some time ago as I drove out of Darlo to see a sign for Sedgefield going in a direction that totally threw me as it seemed so far different from when we went there by bus from Stockton when my dad was in the isolation hospital in the early 60's
Both sets of my grandparents, and a cousin lived in Darlo, but it was never a long term habitat for me.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:10 pm

I'd like to nominate the rest of my village apart from my neighbour, as we were the only 3 people applauding in the whole village. We plan to get out the pans tomorrow & make a heck more of a racket. :thumbdown:

Hopefully Darlo residents showed more thanks than my village did?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:37 pm

I live in a village 4 miles from Darlington & 2 cyclists approached from the countryside. I said what were they doing here & the said they were doing there one bit of exercise, they weren't from the village by the way. I then said that they weren't wanted in the village, they swore at me as they headed back towards Darlington. Some people are idiots & clearly they don't think the lockdown applies to them.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I live in a village 4 miles from Darlington & 2 cyclists approached from the countryside. I said what were they doing here & the said they were doing there one bit of exercise, they weren't from the village by the way. I then said that they weren't wanted in the village, they swore at me as they headed back towards Darlington. Some people are idiots & clearly they don't think the lockdown applies to them.
Yes, you are an idiot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Coronavirus Blacklist

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I live in a village 4 miles from Darlington & 2 cyclists approached from the countryside. I said what were they doing here & the said they were doing there one bit of exercise, they weren't from the village by the way. I then said that they weren't wanted in the village, they swore at me as they headed back towards Darlington. Some people are idiots & clearly they don't think the lockdown applies to them.
Which also beggars the question - what were you doing out and why don’t you think the lockdown applies to you?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:10 pm
I'd like to nominate the rest of my village apart from my neighbour, as we were the only 3 people applauding in the whole village. We plan to get out the pans tomorrow & make a heck more of a racket. :thumbdown:

Hopefully Darlo residents showed more thanks than my village did?
This is a blacklist Pete. You can’t put all of a village on a blacklist because they didn’t go outside and clap at a preplanned time. Personally I never knew about this event, I’d been keeping away from the media.

Real villains only.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 pm

This is a local village for local people

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 pm
Which also beggars the question - what were you doing out and why don’t you think the lockdown applies to you?
Walking my dog which I am entitled to do once a day.

Darlogramps

Coronavirus Blacklist

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:02 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
In Royston Vasey?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 am

Precious Pete still providing entertainment even in troubled times.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
They are out exercising which they are just as entitled to do once a day. You don't get to choose where they can and can't cycle to, they're not doing anyone any harm if they are staying away from people.

How do you know nobody else in your village was out applauding the NHS? Were you walking your dog around the whole village at 8pm?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Pete doesn’t like all the other villagers- barring one he’s shamed them all here on this CV blacklist.

I wonder what the swearing cyclists said to him?

“ feck off you *** ** excuse of a ****ing ***t for brains ******g ****e*”

Possibly?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!