Film Reviews

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Film Reviews

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Went to see Passengers last night.

Thought some of the special effects were stunning. Basically the storyline was a love story, bringing 2 people together to save a starship from being destroyed with just over 5200 people on board. Was he right to bring her back to life?

I'd give the film 8.5 out of 10, thoroughly enjoyed it.

tezza

Re: Film Reviews

Post by tezza » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:05 am

Wtf has this got to do with DFC ??? Join fb and live your life in public

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 am

**SPOILER ALERT**
Darlo_Pete wrote:Went to see Passengers last night.

Thought some of the special effects were stunning. Basically the storyline was a love story, bringing 2 people together to save a starship from being destroyed with just over 5200 people on board. Was he right to bring her back to life?

The best films I've seen are ones which I knew absolutely nothing about before I started watching them.

For anyone who hasn't seen these and just wants to sit back and be entertained then these are worth a look - just don't read up on them.

Moon (Duncan Jones)
Source Code (also Duncan Jones)
Interstellar
Solaris (the 2002 George Clooney version - would also like to see the 1972 version)
The Man from Earth

and most recently "Lucy" (Luc Besson) which I was expecting to be some sort of animated kids movie (it wasn't) because my son got me to sit down and watch it with him.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:09 am

tezza wrote:Wtf has this got to do with DFC ??? Join fb and live your life in public
Guess you didn't notice it was posted in the Off Topic section, then....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:**SPOILER ALERT**

The best films I've seen are ones which I knew absolutely nothing about before I started watching them.

For anyone who hasn't seen these and just wants to sit back and be entertained then these are worth a look - just don't read up on them.

Moon (Duncan Jones)
Interstellar
Solaris (the 2002 George Clooney version - would also like to see the 1972 version)
The Man from Earth

and most recently "Lucy" (Luc Besson) which I was expecting to be some sort of animated kids movie (it wasn't) because my son got me to sit down and watch it with him.
Only seen Interstellar of those 5, which was another great movie. Do you think the end was set up for a sequel, I do, but others who have seen the movie said they didn't think that was the case.

Cheers Mikky.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:36 pm

I saw it last week and thought it was a big bag of shite.

Badly acted, plot full of holes, didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy, a love film or an action film.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:

Moon (Duncan Jones)
Interstellar
The Man from Earth

Only seen Interstellar of those 5, which was another great movie. Do you think the end was set up for a sequel, I do, but others who have seen the movie said they didn't think that was the case.
No, I don't. If you haven't seen the YouTube videos on how they made the movie they're worth checking out.