Darlo Uncovered
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/

General Election 2017
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33323
Page 1 of 1

Author:  lo36789 [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  General Election 2017

So here we go...snap election. Woo more politics. Any predictions for how the Commons will be formed on the 9th June?

I'm going for Tory win, SNP to retain Scotland, Labour to lose significantly to the Lib Dems (who will push an anti-Brexit policy to take a decent chunk of Labour's share of the 48%)

Author:  Quakerz [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

The Tories will absolutely piss it.

Labour currently offer no real opposition.

Author:  BUSHEAD [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Approx 600 seats isn't there in total ?

Tories 350
Labour 150
SNP 50
Lib Dems 35
Others 15

Author:  Spyman [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

BUSHEAD wrote:
Approx 600 seats isn't there in total ?

Tories 350
Labour 150
SNP 50
Lib Dems 35
Others 15

Oh right. Let's just scrap the election in that case!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Author:  Jamm [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Tories will win by 200+ seats. Now they are no longer an EU party I am happy to vote for them.
Commie Corbyn's Labour will shout a lot about the NHS which they messed up with debt, and be annihilated.
Minor Fart will continue the decline of Limp Dims but take a few Remoaner votes from Liebore.
UKIP will discover that their new raison d'etre is to take votes off Labour. But still get no MPs.
Watermelons (green on the outside red on the inside) will call everyone nazis, whilst calling for everything to be banned and have greater state control.
Scottish Natsi Party will say "oi yoooo English bastaaarrd, it's all your fault", lose seats to Tories but still beat McScottishLabour.
Northern Ireland will be a 52-48 split along Loyalist/fenian divide.
The Bus Pass Elvis Party will beat the Lib Dims again.
Remember, voting is not about the industry of 30 years ago, who your parents vote for, what your favourite colour is, the US president or what the BBC say. It's about you, this country, now. Vote wisely.

Author:  Jamm [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

BUSHEAD wrote:
Approx 600 seats isn't there in total ?

Tories 350
Labour 150
SNP 50
Lib Dems 35
Others 15


There are 650 seats in total. Scotland/Wales/NI have too many seats when population per seat taken into account. Then there's devolution.

Author:  Jamm [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Anyway, I'm bored of the election now. Several weeks of sanctimonious sh1te on the news. Joy.

Author:  BUSHEAD [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Spyman wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:
Approx 600 seats isn't there in total ?

Tories 350
Labour 150
SNP 50
Lib Dems 35
Others 15

Oh right. Let's just scrap the election in that case!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



I don't have that much power just yet.
Maybe someday.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Labour are incapable of winning an election, because they are too radical and divided under Corbyn and because with them not able to count on getting the 50 or so Scottish MP's they used to get before SNP took over in Scotland, they will never get a majority. Good call by May to call a snap election, the only downside is that Labour won't keep Corbyn after they lose the election.

Author:  Darlo_H [ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Have to give it to Theresa May for timing.

She knows Labour will drag every bit of Brexit negotiation as much as they can under the guise of it 'not being the Brexit people voted for'. Now they have to contest a general election in eight weeks with a massively unpopular leader with an equally unpopular message, party infighting and a complete lack of charisma or gravitas. If anything they'll lose votes to the Lib Dems, who themselves are pretty much irrelevant these days.

UKIP has lost most of it's steam after the referendum, the SNP can win Scotland with little impact on the Brexit negotiations and so the Conservatives get a clear mandate to push things through.

I'm far from a die-hard Tory, but given a choice between May, Corbyn or Fallon I know who I'd back to run the country.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

This election could be the most one sided elections for many a year. All the marginal seats being talked about are labour seats not conservative one's that labour need to win to win the election. Bet Jenny Chapman will be a bit worried about holding her seat.

Author:  BUSHEAD [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Darlo_H wrote:
Have to give it to Theresa May for timing.

She knows Labour will drag every bit of Brexit negotiation as much as they can under the guise of it 'not being the Brexit people voted for'. Now they have to contest a general election in eight weeks with a massively unpopular leader with an equally unpopular message, party infighting and a complete lack of charisma or gravitas. If anything they'll lose votes to the Lib Dems, who themselves are pretty much irrelevant these days.

UKIP has lost most of it's steam after the referendum, the SNP can win Scotland with little impact on the Brexit negotiations and so the Conservatives get a clear mandate to push things through.

I'm far from a die-hard Tory, but given a choice between May, Corbyn or Fallon I know who I'd back to run the country.


Reminder that your voting for your local MP, not leader of the country.
A mistake loads of people keep saying.
"I can't vote for Corbyn" , good news is that your not . (Unless you live in his constituency of course )

Author:  Darlo_H [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

BUSHEAD wrote:
Reminder that your voting for your local MP, not leader of the country.
A mistake loads of people keep saying.
"I can't vote for Corbyn" , good news is that your not . (Unless you live in his constituency of course )

Fair point, though my Labour candidate is Rachel Maskell. She makes Corbyn look center-left. Absolute loony.

Author:  DarloOnTheUp [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

BUSHEAD wrote:
Reminder that your voting for your local MP, not leader of the country.
A mistake loads of people keep saying.
"I can't vote for Corbyn" , good news is that your not . (Unless you live in his constituency of course )


Aye but the overall results determine who will become the next Prime Minister, so technically you're voting for both.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Labour's problems can be shown by my daughter-in-law. She is eligible to vote for the first time and hates Theresa May, blames her for everything that she perceives is going wrong with the country. But she won't vote at the General Election, as she doesn't think Labour has any chance, so won't waste her time voting. I can see the vote being down significantly as Labour voters don't bother to vote, so leading to a Tory landslide victory.

Author:  Spyman [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Labour's problems can be shown by my daughter-in-law. She is eligible to vote for the first time and hates Theresa May, blames her for everything that she perceives is going wrong with the country. But she won't vote at the General Election, as she doesn't think Labour has any chance, so won't waste her time voting. I can see the vote being down significantly as Labour voters don't bother to vote, so leading to a Tory landslide victory.

I assume you've explained to her how stupid she is?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Author:  lo36789 [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

I've actually checked and my local constituency was 53.8% Labour last time out - it went up 11.8% taking votes from both the Tories and Lib Dems.

There is still a fair swing required in Darlington for Jenny Chapman to lose her seat. She was 10% ahead of Tories last time out.

Think it will be interesting where the 5,000 odd UKIP voters go this time round. It was the Lib Dems who lost out mostly.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

One things for sure, UKIP voters won't be going to the Lib Dems. I'd imagine most will go the Tories and the rest to Labour and probably a sizeable minority will not bother to vote.

I bet Jenny Chapman is relieved that he new boundary change proposals won't come into play this election, at least it gives her a chance of holding on.

Author:  theoriginalfatcat [ Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

Darlo_Pete wrote:
But she won't vote at the General Election, as she doesn't think Labour has any chance, so won't waste her time voting.


It wouldn't take much time though, ..... she must be a very very busy person.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
But she won't vote at the General Election, as she doesn't think Labour has any chance, so won't waste her time voting.


It wouldn't take much time though, ..... she must be a very very busy person.


Just a typical teenager and no she won't change her mind.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: General Election 2017

I see the latest odds on which party will win the most seats in the next parliament, has the tories at 1/16 on and labour at 10/1.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/