Arriva buses

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DIRTYDAVE
Team Supported: Darlington

Arriva buses

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Anyone else think that they are costing too much to use and are crap.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: Arriva buses

Post by cameron-darlo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:52 pm

their defiantly too much... £1.30 from town to skerney is a fookin rip off!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:01 pm

A year or so back I drove my mums car into town to get serviced. Got the bus back to Barton and it cost me £2.50 one way! Couldn't believe it! Costs £3 for an entire day down here and the busses come a lot more frequently! Thought London was meant to be expensive!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 pm

a walk alot of the time to town and back. its only 20 minutes walk. also walk home from work which is about 4 miles which does help in losing pounds :thumbup: :wave:

dfc-hardy

Post by dfc-hardy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:13 pm

£5.75 return from catterick into darlo for a adult!! absolute RIP OFF

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Stagecoach ftw :)

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:33 am

What really annoys me is old people with free bus passes. Now before anyone gets angry, here's my reason.

My gran has used the same bus to go to Darlington every week for as long as I can remember. It used to be that because her pass was for Wear Valley, it wasn't valid on the bus to Darlo. So she paid a couple of quid for concessionary fare. As did the majority of people that used the bus (as most bus users are OAPS, kids and students). The service was an hourly service right up untill 11pm and had been for years.

Within a month of "countywide" bus passes coming in, suddenly the majority of people using the bus were getting there for nothing (I know the council pays something towards it, but it is nowhere near the concessionary rate). So Arriva hiked the fare up for everyone else, so cover their costs. Anyone who could, then found alternative ways to travel, so it became pretty much just the OAPS using the bus.

As they weren't making money, Arriva reduced the service to 6 return journeys a day, and have sinced axed it. Now the OAPs have bus passes they cant use on that bus, and everyone else is paying a fortune for bus travel! Thats progress for you!

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

connor2k7ovdarlo

Post by connor2k7ovdarlo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Another way they make money out of you, only having buses that go in one direction from town :evil: Used to be able to get one bus to my Grandparents house, now it takes two so now i just walk there or for an extra 70p get a taxi.
><
X

grytters

Post by grytters » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:04 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:their defiantly too much... £1.30 from town to skerney is a fookin rip off!

Think yourself lucky.

FirstMainline [South Yorks] charge £1.80 for a 2 mile, 15-20 minute journey.

And it's about to be increased.

I wouldn't care so much if the money they make stayed here, rather than get siponed into the pockets of the parasites who are the shareholders.

Bloody Thatcher!
Bring Back the Quarters

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:their defiantly too much... £1.30 from town to skerney is a fookin rip off!
It's only a 10 min walk from Skerne Park to the town centre. Either walk down Clifton Road, or walk through the park. Doesn't take long. I rarely used public transport in Darlington, usually walked everywhere :D

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 am

It was always going to be the case when Arriva took over Stagecoachs routes in the town, now arriva are the only buses running in the town they can charge pretty much what they like, £1.30 to go to town is a rip off, i tend to walk, usually by the time the bus would of turned up to the bus stop then got us into town i'd of walked it

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:14 pm

AndyPark wrote:
It's only a 10 min walk from Skerne Park to the town centre. Either walk down Clifton Road, or walk through the park. Doesn't take long. I rarely used public transport in Darlington, usually walked everywhere :D
its 20minutes and dont tell me what to do... i normally do walk everywhere but with this shitty weather id rather pay the £1.30.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
its 20minutes and dont tell me what to do... i normally do walk everywhere but with this shitty weather id rather pay the £1.30.
Where exactly do i say you have to walk, i am just saying. It doesn't take 20 mins to walk from Skerne Park :lol:

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:39 pm

erm.. yeh it does.. i walk it every morning to get to college... you obviously walk faster than me then.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:47 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:erm.. yeh it does.. i walk it every morning to get to college... you obviously walk faster than me then.
The college is a 5 min walk further mate, but yeah i obviously do.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:48 pm

AndyPark wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:erm.. yeh it does.. i walk it every morning to get to college... you obviously walk faster than me then.
The college is a 5 min walk further mate, but yeah i obviously do.
not the pace i walk haha