Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tattoo's

Post by AndyPark » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm getting one at the new year on my arm saying Darlington FC 1883-Forever

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:40 pm

AndyPark wrote:I'm getting one at the new year on my arm saying Darlington FC 1883-Forever
Be careful Andy....
A friend of mine, got a tattoo of the Shrewsbury Town logo on his upper leg. His lass bought him it for his birthday. It was quite big (cost £90) was beautifully done, the lions were superbly detailed, and the lettering perfect.

It hadn't healed, when a few days later the club announced it was changing its badge, to coincide with the move to the new stadium.

Although nothing tops the finest tattoo I have ever seen. I was at a Newcastle match a few seasons ago after picking up a free ticket from a friend who wasnt using his season ticket that week. Sure enough, just before halftime, the bloke next to me takes his shirt off, to reveal a very intricately detailed Newcastle United badge, complete with

"PROUD TO BE A GORDIE"

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

ShrewsX wrote:
AndyPark wrote:I'm getting one at the new year on my arm saying Darlington FC 1883-Forever
Be careful Andy....
A friend of mine, got a tattoo of the Shrewsbury Town logo on his upper leg. His lass bought him it for his birthday. It was quite big (cost £90) was beautifully done, the lions were superbly detailed, and the lettering perfect.

It hadn't healed, when a few days later the club announced it was changing its badge, to coincide with the move to the new stadium.

Although nothing tops the finest tattoo I have ever seen. I was at a Newcastle match a few seasons ago after picking up a free ticket from a friend who wasnt using his season ticket that week. Sure enough, just before halftime, the bloke next to me takes his shirt off, to reveal a very intricately detailed Newcastle United badge, complete with

"PROUD TO BE A GORDIE"

Shrews
Well i'll just get Darlington FC then :) No date on it :lol:

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 am

I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo done for a few months now. Wouldn't get a Darlo one though.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 am

I want one myself. I have a good idea of what what I want and where I want it. I just don't have the confidence to get it done. Its not the pain of getting it done that bothers me, more that I don't want to look at it and regret it. Its hardly a subtle pattern.

I would never get a persons name, or ANYTHING related to football or music.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:04 pm

should say that I have three and today a guy at work showed me his tattoo of the arselepool badge. iam thinking of getting the darlo badge tattooed on my upper arm :think: :wave:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 am

Not wanting to be a killjoy, but if you get a tattoo, you can't give blood.

I quite fancy the idea of one, but I'd hate to regret it about 15 years later or whenever.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:06 am

You can give blood, but not within 4 months of having a tattoo. After that you can donate as normal.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 pm

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 pm

im pretty much covered with tattoos legs,arm,chest,kneck
but i dont have a darlo one although have thought long and hard about it.
Shrews how come you wouldnt get anything musically influenced i have one of my arms covered with music related stuff such as a jazz microphone music script and music notes

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm

darlomilo wrote:im pretty much covered with tattoos legs,arm,chest,kneck
but i dont have a darlo one although have thought long and hard about it.
Shewrs how come you wouldnt get anything musically influenced i have one of my arms covered with music related stuff such as a jazz microphone music script and music notes
I was thinking more things like band names and logos. Someone somewhere probably has a huge Gary Glitter tattoo on their back, that they had done long before the truth came out!

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 am

haha i see what you mean i suppose band logos wouldnt be to bad if you had followed a band for 20 odd years and stuff.But you have to live with the fact its going to be there for life. I can safely look back at all my tatts and they either remind me of points in my life or something important in my life :)

Juan_kosoff

Post by Juan_kosoff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:56 am

Yep got the Darlo badge tatooed on my left shoulder about 18 months back. Got it done at Double Dragon in Stockton, have to say they did a very good job and im still pleased with it

And a club changing their badge is just the risk you take. How many clubs have never changed their badge? Not many id say

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 pm

What about that fat geordie kunt that got "goal king Cole" with a great big tatoo of Andy Cole on his thigh the day before Keegan sold Cole to Man U for 7 million?

I'll never forget that.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:27 am

Tattoos are tacky and a sign of chavdom.

I have to laugh when I see the munters out in town with them: "Yeah, luv, you having those tatts really masks your pig-ugly face and your lardy body. You're far more attractive and classy now"

:roll:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:43 pm

I believe you may be referring to what is known as a "Tramp Stamp"

The "tribal" tattoo you see just above their hyowge arses.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:Tattoos are tacky and a sign of chavdom.

I have to laugh when I see the munters out in town with them: "Yeah, luv, you having those tatts really masks your pig-ugly face and your lardy body. You're far more attractive and classy now"

:roll:

do see ppl with really crappy tattoos. the tribal are the worse tattoos cos they are always seen to look rubbish.