The FA - Michael Turner's red card

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BishopQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

The FA - Michael Turner's red card

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:09 pm

http://tinyurl.com/yh8k2bf

So now he's got a 4 match ban instead of a 3 because they added a day for "wasting their time".
Sorry, but I've seen far worse challenges which have got a red card rescinded (no idea how to spell that!)

Anyone else think thats a bit harsh?

AndyPark

Re: The FA - Michael Turner's red card

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:12 pm

If it was any of the big 4 then they wouldn't add a extra game for the so called ''wasting time''.

They are fucking idiots down at the FA

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 pm

I think they need to make an example of a few people. Just about every team seems these days to be appealing against red card decisions. The vast majority of the sendings off were correct. Hopefully a few clubs will now think twice before making an appeal, on the outside chance that a decision may be overturned.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:52 pm

its harsh i think. how the fuck can you ban turner for a further game but then not punish nasri for his deliberate stamp? fucking ridiculous.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 pm

I think the whole thing needs to be looked at seriously. There ought to be a much better system for these things.

Either.
a) Ban appeals altogether
b) Let the Ref make the decision after the match.

In the case of b). The ref might red card a player for a foul, then be made to watch it back before handing out the ban himself. For a deliberate foul, with intention to hurt, a hefty ban, for something that was badly timed rather than malicious, maybe less, and EVEN (god forbid) have the ban rescinded if the ref feels a genuine mistake was made.

On the rivals site, I asked JeffTheRef to explain the process of appeals, and red cards. Even he admitted that the FA system was ridiculous, and quoted an incident he himself was involving Alan Smith. Whereby he sent him off, yet when he saw the replay realised it was a mistake. Yet the system doesn't allow referees to change their minds and rescind the ban themselves.
Referees are only human. They will make mistakes, yet the FA doesn't allow them to admit it?

But a manager can appeal, and the decision is taken out of the refs hands, and handed to a panel of faceless officials to decide. Apparently this panel (I seem to remember) is made of 4th officials and respected ex-players, coaches etc.

I am willing to bet there are more "jobs for the boys" appointments on those panels than anything, and I bet they come from established premiership clubs. Not from Sunderland, Burnley or Hull.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:11 pm

What needs sorting out i this stupid rule that gets a player booked for celebrating near the crowd, watching the football league show earlier on there was a Reading lad who grabbed a goal near enough full time, he was already on a yellow, ran straight to the Reading fans behind the goal upto the advertising boards to celebrate, comes back on the pitch and recieves a 2nd yellow

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Roben got sent off for Chelsea when they played Sunderland a few seasons ago for that.

To be honest though, I think players leaving the pitch for no reason, especially to celebrate with the fans deserves a yellow card.
You don't want to see a crush as the fans run to the boards.
The player would be entirely responsible for that if something went wrong.