You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » The Off Topic Room
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:03 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am 

Team Supported: Darlington
joejaques wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:
joejaques wrote:
And there was no dodgy data on the remain side?

Emergency Budget the week after a Leave vote as the prime example.

If you are going to quote dodgy data, at least quote both sides.

Also, I've still never heard remainer saying what will happen when those nations around the fringes start dropping out? Note I didn't say "get thrown out", as the EU would be terrified of pulling their own finger out of the hole in the crumbling dam. :roll:

You have to understand the difference between the illegal collection and illegal use of personal data collected from hundreds of thousands of people versus someone (Osborne) claiming something that didn’t actually happen.

Coincidentally, today Leave have been fined a further £120,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office for just such a data breach involving insurance customers targeted over Brexit and vice versa.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-47087440

What makes you think that will happen? Any evidence? Why would any Remainer say that is going to happen if there’s no proof? Perhaps these countries all feel that in spite of the EU’s imperfections they prefer to be part of it?

Refusals to accept quotas of refugees, building their own fences in defiance of the EU
And you still believe all is sweetness & harmony?. Personally, when the roof falls in, I don't want to be round the table. I'd rather be at the end of the road & calling the emergency services. :roll:

So, no evidence then!
And no mention about Leave’s illegalities?
And when is anything “sweetness and light”, particularly in this country at the moment. Brexit isn’t finished on 29th March, that’s just the *easy* bit over with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am 

As part of my job I see people in their homes and sometimes they are asked questions about Brexit. A lot of the people who voted to remain in the refendum are now saying that if there was another vote, they would vote to leave because a democratic vote has already taken place. I think if the anti Brexit people expect a second referendum to go their way, they will probably be very disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:05 pm 

I didn't vote because I just couldn't make my mind up but certainly I would vote leave if a 2nd referendum was forced. I think you're right that some remainers would vote leave in order to uphold the original result, however - unfortunately many who voted leave in the referendum might not vote at all in a 2nd referendum because they might think "what's the point, my vote doesn't count anyway"

Apathy would see remain win.

Best out of 3 then?

@1883Of