Savage takes journalist to the cleaners

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Savage takes journalist to the cleaners

Post by quakersam » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 453058.stm

A part of this interview was on BBCTees tonight so I had to listen to the rest. I take my hat off to Savage as its nice to see a journalist put in his place for once. I've always like him for saying it how it is and there should be more players like him who are prepared to come out like he's done :thumbup: Matthew Bates who was in the studio also agreed with Savage
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Darlo_Pete

Re: Savage takes journalist to the cleaners

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Well done Robbie on putting that journalist on the spot. He also had the last laugh tonight, scoring one of the penalties that knock out Millwall of the FA Cup. Pity that Forest lost tonight. :thumbup:

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Can kind of see where Savage is coming from with this but he was totally off the handle in places and sounded like he was loosing the plot. Difficult one to call really but ranting off to a packed media room probably wasn't the best way of doing it. Surely a piece to the local Derby newspaper or the programme would have been a far better way of doing it. I tend to agree with most of what he is saying in that audio piece but its just not very composed in my view and all over the shop.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor press officer who would have been on duty for that call. Ouch!
Last edited by TFDM on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 pm

I thought he was spot on at the start but when he started answering every question with "you've got all the answers, you tell me" he was starting to sound a bit daft. He was well within his rights to challenge the presenter though for rumour mongering. It was hilarious listening to him sheepishly trying to worm out of it.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:47 pm

I've just listened to the interview again and come to the conclusion that Robbie Savage will be come a great manager in the near future.

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:12 pm

You'll feel the wrath of Forest in a couple of weeks Pete, Davies made 7 changes and we were still the better team last night against a virtually full strength Brum set up !
We'll keep an eye on you....in our rear view mirror :wave:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Well you can now concentrate on the League, as you've nowt else to play for. :lol:

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Give me promotion over a cup run anyday Pete !!

Juan_kosoff

Post by Juan_kosoff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Always liked Savage simply for his quote "My job is to win the ball and then pass it to someone who can actually play football"

Sort of like the way i play football only i can never win the ball in the first place...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Quality. I've always had time for Savage, a fantastic player who has always done a job. I like him in the studio as well, he's different and willing to say what he thinks, rather than just toeing the line like so many do.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC