He fought the law, and the law won

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 pm
The depths to which DOTU has plummeted, having previously been a respectable poster on here, borders on the tragic.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am
I see my points fell on deaf ears again, never mind.

And I'll condemn whatever I want to condemn, thank you very much. I know it contradicts with your belief that you've got the moral highground (hint: you haven't)
I absolutely have. EDJOHNS made out-and-out xenophobic remarks. Xenophobia - the irrational fear or dislike of foreigners.

EDJOHNS: "I hate the arrogant warmongering bastards with a passion"
EDJOHNS: "I openly detest them as a race, that is my right. I "

On those two remarks alone, even someone with a moderate level of intelligence can see that easily fits the description of a xenophobe. EDJOHNS literally admits it himself. It's nothing to do with labelling, or woke faux-outrage, as you're feebly trying to claim. Nor is it anyhing to do with attempting to claim any sort of moral high-ground.

I'm simply calling out his xenophobia, and his unwillingness to justify himself. It's a dangerous state of affairs if we let people start making statements like that without being challenged.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am
Now EDJOHNS is also a racist? When did that happen?
He views them as a race. He openly detests them without justification, and believes he has a right to "detest them as a race". That's when he became a racist.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am
They're basically an unperson in your eyes, and you want everyone else to think the same. Well no, I won't. You ain't the good guy here, no matter how much you try to convince yourself, and everyone else, that you are.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, other than exposing EDJOHNS for what he is. I'm simply not prepared to let someone get away with making xenophobic remarks and think he can provide no justification when challenged. That you fail to condemn him suggests you probably sympathise with his views.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am
I've tried to explain all this in another thread but it's clearly gone over your head.
I read every word of your pathetic explanation and laughed. It was feeble, an insult. At no point did you attempt to justify his remarks or explain why they were in anyway defensible. Just hysterical ranting about labelling. I've not referred back to it because I've treated your pathetic apologism for xenophobia with the contempt it deserved, and discounted it.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am
Either way, it completely ruins the thread. Now I'm part of the same bloody pissing contest. You antagonise people on purpose in a vindictive manner, the thread descends into s***, all the while you play the victim and try and take the moral highground.
What an insight we have into your twisted beliefs.

Xenophobia and racism - absolutely a person's right to do so, according to you.
Disagreeing with it on an internet messageboard - outrageous, not on. Absolute disgrace! - again according to you.

Your priorities are in entirely the wrong order fella.

For clarity, calling out xenophobia and racism is nothing to do with victim playing or claiming a moral high ground. It’s plain common decency, and you appear to have lost yours with your childish need to play the insurgent against system.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am
Well I'm sorry, but no, you have no right to.
I have every right to. You might not dislike it, but getting involved in arguments and extending them is your choice, as is mine to reply. I'm going to call out and challenge xenophobia and racism. If you don't like that, tough s*** but that says more about you and your apologism than it does anything else.
Bear in mind that my original post further above (where I mention your petty vindictiveness and trying to get a rise out of people on purpose) was more a general observation of the way you act at times. It’s a shame because when you don’t act like that, some of your posts are excellent (as shown in your reply about the Supreme Court).

With regards to the rest:

You mentioned dangerous rhetoric, but you don’t seem to realise how dangerous your own rhetoric is. You say certain things shouldn’t go unchallenged, well yeah, ditto.

I didn’t initially join this particular debate out of loyalty towards a fellow Brexiteer. I’ve agreed with you for most of the Brexit debate but not on this, and the same goes for al_quaker.

My problem is that too often these days, particularly by the left, these labels are thrown around so often that they lose all meaning. So whenever I hear someone use one, I’m now instantly dubious.

These labels are used to shut down debate, designate said person as not worthy of even common human decency (ironic that you mentioned this yourself, yet it doesn’t apply when someone has been designated as one of these labels or goes against the narrative: then everything is fair game), and generalise about certain groups (again, ironic that you’re raging against generalisation, but you do it constantly yourself about certain groups).

The terms are also far too vague, all-encompassing with no nuance or distinction, and they carry too much baggage. The goal-posts constantly change as well.

So people become wary of expressing their opinion on certain topics as the consequences are way worse than a simple disagreement, and it’s difficult to know what is acceptable. That doesn't make any concerns they have go away though, it merely serves to censor them.

This very topic proves my point: you’ve brought this up in 3 separate threads, tried to turn everyone against him, shame him into line, destroy his character, and blow things way out of proportion with no notion of perspective. A xenophobe is a xenophobe in your eyes and that’s all that matters.

Here’s an idea: how about instead of using one of those annoying bloody -isms, -ists, or -phobes, you simply call it like it is. Therefore in this case, he doesn’t like Germans (based on a lifetime of experience around German people, so not irrational after all). Then all of a sudden it loses the baggage, it’s specific, and it puts things in perspective. Challenge that if you want but have some perspective and treat it as a single issue. And less of the histrionics.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:28 am

EDJOHNS - take a breath, look at what you’ve written and consider if that’s how you want people to perceive you. Imagine saying that out loud with your family watching.

You’re a 70-year-old bloke with grandchildren, and you’re acting like a 10-year-old spoiling for a fight round the back of the school bike sheds. Grow up and start acting like the adult you are.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:15 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Bear in mind that my original post further above (where I mention your petty vindictiveness and trying to get a rise out of people on purpose) was more a general observation of the way you act at times. It’s a shame because when you don’t act like that, some of your posts are excellent (as shown in your reply about the Supreme Court).
I get this a lot and find this rather patronising. As if to say because I can make intelligent, coherent arguments (which I think I do, regardless of whether you agree with them or not) I can only answer back in that form. Indeed, I know from your previous posts, you too value evidence-based reasoning and arguments. I would love to do this all the time, but it’s lost on some people.

Take this EDJOHNS debacle. In one instance, he claimed Germany had refused to accept Syrian refugees. I went away, researched and provided official statistics and documentation to the contrary. In other words, cold, hard, indisputable proof that he was wrong. As a counter, I challenged him to provide the research or stats which he used to form his initial judgement. No reply. I challenged him again, once more no reply. And so on.

All it needed was for him to have the guts to say either “Hands up, I’ve seen the evidence and fair enough, I’m wrong” or “Here’s what I’m basing my opinion on and this is why I believe Germany doesn’t want Syrian refugees”. Neither happened.

Why should I go to the lengths and effort of researching long, detailed coherent arguments when some people just simply ignore it because they can’t counter it? P.S. you do see the irony in someone failing to respond to evidence-based arguments then attacking someone else as being a coward?

On this board, I’ve faced threats of violence, attacks on my mental health and attacks on my family. Not once has that ever been condemned or criticised, so forgive me if I’m less concerned about baiting a few people who are more than happy to indulge in threats and ignorance themselves. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to certain people.
My problem is that too often these days, particularly by the left, these labels are thrown around so often that they lose all meaning. So whenever I hear someone use one, I’m now instantly dubious. These labels are used to shut down debate, designate said person as not worthy of even common human decency .
Do you know what? I don’t disagree. We see this all the time in public discourse. Corbynistas hurl the word “fascist” at anyone who dares to be a Conservative. And likewise, Brexiteers all too often shout “traitor” and “enemy of the people” at others who are just doing their job. You have a point.

But in the instance of EDJOHNS’ comments on Germans, I think it is black and white they were xenophobic. Allow me to explain.
The dictionary definition of xenophobe is “a strong or irrational feeling of dislike or fear of people from other countries”.

Now let’s take some of EDJOHNS’ statements:
“I detest the arrogant warmongering bastards with a passion.”
"Modern day Germany" not like the Nazi's? Jesus Christ. Take your blinkers off.
“Frau Merkel talking about an EU army was EXACTLY like the Nazi's times.”
“They are, and always have been war-like people.”
He also suggested all Germans have a character defect.

Now I look at those comments, and look at the definition of a xenophobe and they fit the description. Firstly, there’s the negative stereotyping and generalisation, the basic starting point of any form of racism or xenophobia.

And moreover, there’s not actually any evidence to support his statements. If there was some sort of research or documentation provided to back up these statements, then while I may not necessarily have agreed, it would at least give us food for thought.

Finally, In a nation of 83 million people, there are individual differences, obviously. Some Germans maybe warmongerers, but is that any different to the USA or Britain? There's nothing to suggest it is. Therefore, excessive generalisations are not useful or relevant here

The only evidence EDJOHNS chose to supply was a video of Angela Merkel talking about the EU army. One short video is enough to form a judgement on the character of 83 million people? Really? As a man who believes in evidence-based research, you must find that laughable. You have no credibility if you believe that’s a serious or legitimate argument.

There’s also EDJOHNS’ anecdotal evidence of working/meeting Germans. However, anecdotal evidence already carries less weight because of the simple fact it is subjective due to an individual’s pre-existing prejudices. Others, such as Vokuhila and myself, haven’t found Germans to be “arrogant warmongering bastards” or to have a character defect. So who is correct?

This is why I think it’s perfectly legitimate to describe those comments as xenophobic. Not only do they justifiably fit within the definition, but also there’s no evidence to support them.

It’s nothing to do with labelling, shaming or trying to shut anyone down. Simply that people cannot express comments like that and not expect to be challenged. Saying “I’m entitled to them” is not enough. If you express them on a public forum, don’t complain when you’re challenged.
This very topic proves my point: you’ve brought this up in 3 separate threads, tried to turn everyone against him, shame him into line, destroy his character, and blow things way out of proportion with no notion of perspective. A xenophobe is a xenophobe in your eyes and that’s all that matters.
It’s tiresome that you persistent with this blatant strawman. Nope, as explained above, there is perfect justification for describing the comments as xenophobic, and that’s all I have done. I disagree with your attempts to paint EDJOHNS as some kind of victim. He was the trigger for this, not anyone else.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Here’s an idea: how about instead of using one of those annoying bloody -isms, -ists, or -phobes, you simply call it like it is. Therefore in this case, he doesn’t like Germans (based on a lifetime of experience around German people, so not irrational after all). Then all of a sudden it loses the baggage, it’s specific, and it puts things in perspective. Challenge that if you want but have some perspective and treat it as a single issue. And less of the histrionics.
Firstly, it’s not based on a lifetime of experience around Germans. Re-read the initial threads, he nowhere says that. Also, if he detests them, why would he spend a lifetime around Germans? It doesn’t make sense.

Secondly, if you’re wanting sensible discussion, lay off describing people who disagree with you as being hysterical or demonstrating “histrionics”. It’s a childish tactic and is unbecoming to someone who is capable of better.

Finally, I think all of the above explains why I believe the comments were xenophobic. No labelling, no shaming. I just don’t think someone should make those comments and feel they don’t need to justify or support themselves. You’ve told me to say it how it is – well I’ve done precisely that.

You've said you want to move on. Everyone wants to move on. So let's draw a line under this ridiculous argument once and for all.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:28 am
EDJOHNS - take a breath, look at what you’ve written and consider if that’s how you want people to perceive you. Imagine saying that out loud with your family watching.

You’re a 70-year-old bloke with grandchildren, and you’re acting like a 10-year-old spoiling for a fight round the back of the school bike sheds. Grow up and start acting like the adult you are.
I am sick to death of your over the top stupidity. Even in this comment you are baiting and throwing insult.
Do you never stop to think that just perhaps the number of people who tell you you go too far have a point. 1 saying it maybe you ignore. 2 even, but when you get to the numbers you pile up then there has to be something in it.

Let's go back to the start of this stupidity. I said I want out of the EU and gave a few simple reasons why which you were not happy with. I repeated I did not want to say anything publicly but yet again you pushed and pushed until I said I detest them,(which I do and is an honest statement). I also said, not once, but twice that comes from having had to work with them throughout my working life. You actually totally ignored that and kept on baiting me.
In the end I said enough and I was not going to bother further. Since then we have about 2 pages of you taking your comments further and further into the region of pure stupidity.

You questioned my saying Merkle reminds me of Hitler and the people are used to taking orders from anyone in authority. I put up a video of her and suggested you watch that and find 1 of Hitler and look at the MANNERISMS of both, (Believe me, I have studied enough Hitler films to recognise the similarity), but you chose not to do that just to rubbish it.

I have had so many problems when dealing with Germans over my 50 years working life that I have come to dislike the entire race. I actually don't "hate" anyone. (Not even my mother in law). My anger at YOU made me over state things. My fault, knowing what a total arsehole you are I should have stuck to ignoring you and not let you get under my skin.

Do you really expect me to give you a full list of reasons for my dislike over so many years? I will actually give you just 1, and while people laugh at this as stereotyping Germans it happens to be true to nature of them and while funny to you if the first time you hear it, it is far from funny when you receive up to 100 complaints a day about it. Germans, sunbeds, towels. Need I say more? OK just 1 other. When on holiday they virtually always go all inclusive. Now, maybe you are a fan of these holidays but the truth is they do NOTHING for the local economy because they don't use shops restaurants or anything else local to spend money on. What happens is this, they go for a walk along 1 side of the road, into every tourist shop. Try every deodorant spray etc, destroy the displays, try clothes on, then move on to the next shop and repeat. 2 hours later you will see them returning on the other side of the road, still going into every shop doing exactly the same as while going the other way, but by now, the sun is up and they are hot from being in the sun and all the exertions. I have seen them eyes bulging just about on the point of passing out, but they won't even buy a bottle of water because when they get back to the hotel it is free. Failing that a group of them will walk into a bar, take up the seat nearest the air con ask for glasses of TAP water, and kick up a fuss if asked to pay 50 cents to cover the staff bringing them the water and washing the glasses. Yet again, I have seen them sit for upwards of 2 hours taking up the best seats in the bar for no financial reward to the owner. Laugh all you like. Is that really fare?
I have franchises in Italy, Spain, and Greece that deal directly with tourist problems and sorting them out. Off the top of my head I would think about 97% of the problems I have had to deal with over the years have been complaints against Germans. It is like Chinese water torture. Drip, drip, drip.
Now, I do not know if you have ever even been outside the UK, but I assure you, those 3 countries, along with Ireland, Portugal, and others who rely on the tourist trade are ALL in financial trouble for 1 very simple reason, and I will break this down for you.
I am changing onto the Euro as an easier way of showing why I want rid of this whole concept.

Germany, France, and a couple of others who rely on export such as cars and hard goods require a strong Euro to trade at best price to themselves.
Those who rely on tourism such as the 3 I mainly operate in require a weak Euro so that you and your family get a cheap holiday.
Those 2 ideologies simply are like oil and water. They can never succeed together.
Here are a couple more facts for you, when Greece were given the "loan" to bring them into parity with Germany etc every cent came from the Bundesbank. Greece have repaid the loan 6 times over IN FULL yet the "debt" goes up by 5 million every 30 seconds. To pay off the "debt" they need to repay 127% of current total yearly income. Please let me know how they are EVER going to do that.
The last tranche of the loans to reboot the Greek economy, were paid by all member countries in effect. It hit the Greek bank and 2/5 of a second later was removed to the Bundesbank to cover the loans.
Last point on this, after WW2, Germany were ordered to make reparation to Greece for what they did. They have never repaid 1 cent and refuse to even talk about it, yet if they did, even without interest, the amount would be enough to wipe out Greeces debt.
The figures in other countries differ somewhat but are in the same region.
If you doubt what I say a simple Google search will set you off. Start with war reparations and it all links in.

MY belief. .... Not a problem if you disagree because you are not part of my life in any way.
Germany lost 2 world wars with bullets and tanks.
They are winning WW3 with words and money.

AS DoTU has said, at times you put up good posts and make good points. Sadly the stupidity of your nit picking and deliberate attempts to wind people up by sticking the needle in and twisting what they say makes it virtually impossible to have a reasoned conversation with you.

No doubt you will now start to dissect this message, and add your barbed snippets of sarcasm and that is exactly the problem.

YOUR opinion may differ from mine, but this is MY experience of the Germans, not yours.

I have taken the time to post MY thoughts. How about, instead of being you usual sarcastic smug holier than thou keyboard warrior coward you either discuss in reasoned manner as you complain others don't do, or just give up and accept we differ in our thinking.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:16 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:15 am


Take this EDJOHNS debacle. In one instance, he claimed Germany had refused to accept Syrian refugees. I went away, researched and provided official statistics and documentation to the contrary. In other words, cold, hard, indisputable proof that he was wrong. As a counter, I challenged him to provide the research or stats which he used to form his initial judgement. No reply. I challenged him again, once more no reply. And so on.

I watch international news channels and watch people drowning day by day trying to get away not just from Syria but Turkey and others. These people go mainly to Greece as the closest point of escape. Greece are over run with them. Most other countries agree to help and take some every month. Germany refuse point blank. The fact they were shamed into taking part on 1 occasion does not prove a damned thing. Stop watching the BBC and link into some of these news channels. Al Jazeera is a starting point.


On this board, I’ve faced threats of violence, attacks on my mental health and attacks on my family. Not once has that ever been condemned or criticised, so forgive me if I’m less concerned about baiting a few people who are more than happy to indulge in threats and ignorance themselves. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to certain people.

Not from me you have not received threats of violence. You made such a big point of trying to prove I am violent because I said I am not a violent man but you get me so bloody angry. You do, but I am actually able to control my fists.



But in the instance of EDJOHNS’ comments on Germans, I think it is black and white they were xenophobic. Allow me to explain.
The dictionary definition of xenophobe is “a strong or IRRATIONAL feeling of dislike or fear of people from other countries”.

Now let’s take some of EDJOHNS’ statements:
“I detest the arrogant warmongering bastards with a passion.”
"Modern day Germany" not like the Nazi's? Jesus Christ. Take your blinkers off.
“Frau Merkel talking about an EU army was EXACTLY like the Nazi's times.”
“They are, and always have been war-like people.”
He also suggested all Germans have a character defect.

The word I have put into capitals. It is very easy to do as you have and shorten things down by missing part of what is written.

When you first started your rant I had not said those things so you had no idea as to my thinking thus you have no idea if they were rational or not because as I said more than once I did not wish to discuss them


And moreover, there’s not actually any evidence to support his statements. If there was some sort of research or documentation provided to back up these statements, then while I may not necessarily have agreed, it would at least give us food for thought.

No evidence to back them up?

So Frau Merkle and her cronies have not got it in mind to have a EU army under their control to in effect take over the work of NATO?
The video's saying remainders are wrong on that are there to be watched.
Can't happen because "We have a veto". 1938 Chamberlain and a piece of paper.



The only evidence EDJOHNS chose to supply was a video of Angela Merkel talking about the EU army. One short video is enough to form a judgement on the character of 83 million people? Really? As a man who believes in evidence-based research, you must find that laughable. You have no credibility if you believe that’s a serious or legitimate argument.

No, it is a STARTING POINT.

There’s also EDJOHNS’ anecdotal evidence of working/meeting Germans. However, anecdotal evidence already carries less weight because of the simple fact it is subjective due to an individual’s pre-existing prejudices. Others, such as Vokuhila and myself, haven’t found Germans to be “arrogant warmongering bastards” or to have a character defect. So who is correct?

Your "simple fact" is flawed. My thinking is not faulty because of PRE EXISTING experiences but because of those experiences.


Firstly, it’s not based on a lifetime of experience around Germans. Re-read the initial threads, he nowhere says that. Also, if he detests them, why would he spend a lifetime around Germans? It doesn’t make sense.

Pre saying anything that may have been inflamable I said I have reasons that I have no wish to discuss. That was my right.

As to why "spend A lifetime round them". Quite simple. I started in 1 area of the holiday trade in the UK and some time later life's path offered me a different route that I decided to take. That eventually led me into international tourism.
My father started out in life as an architect but once qualified, found it not to his liking and he spent from pre war until his death as a maintenance fitter for British rail. Are he and I really the only ones who's working life has changed course? I would highly doubt it.
"Firstly, it’s not based on a lifetime of experience around Germans. Re-read the initial threads, he nowhere says that" Of course not. I did not realise I needed to explain my life from cradle to grave to the likes of you.


Finally, I think all of the above explains why I believe the comments were xenophobic. No labelling, no shaming. I just don’t think someone should make those comments and feel they don’t need to justify or support themselves. You’ve told me to say it how it is – well I’ve done precisely that.

Fine say it once, not take over 3 different threads to spew your bile.

You've said you want to move on. Everyone wants to move on. So let's draw a line under this ridiculous argument once and for all.

That line is plain laughable as a number of people have tried to get past it and you are the 1 who repeatedly brings it back up.

User avatar
QuakerPete
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:07 pm

Jeez, Johnson really doesn’t understand Parliamentary Democracy at all
Is he just trying to bolster his buffoon character. Wonder what the retired Colonels and Spinsters from the Home Counties think about him as a PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10094898/ ... onfidence/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12097
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:13 am

QuakerPete wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:07 pm
Jeez, Johnson really doesn’t understand Parliamentary Democracy at all
Is he just trying to bolster his buffoon character. Wonder what the retired Colonels and Spinsters from the Home Counties think about him as a PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10094898/ ... onfidence/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parliament doesn't understand democracy, as the nation voted to leave.

User avatar
QuakerPete
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:00 am

And as draw-dropping goes over these past 3.5 years, this has to be right up the top. Leave EU’s twitter feed posted this:
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... 4fb771.jpg[/IMG]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am

Didn’t realise EDJOHNS was Leave.EU’s digital director.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am
Didn’t realise EDJOHNS was Leave.EU’s digital director. ImageImageImage
Obsessed is not in it.
You really need to go and get help.

That said, notice the finger position similarity?

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:36 pm

To save you looking pops notice the little finger splayed away from the 4th. Just cos he loves "evidence" !!!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-n ... kV0fXTB_kk

https://www.google.com/search?q=photos+ ... KoM:&vet=1

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am
Didn’t realise EDJOHNS was Leave.EU’s digital director. ImageImageImage
Obsessed is not in it.
You really need to go and get help.

That said, notice the finger position similarity?
It was a joke fella.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am
Didn’t realise EDJOHNS was Leave.EU’s digital director. ImageImageImage
Obsessed is not in it.
You really need to go and get help.

That said, notice the finger position similarity?
It was a joke fella.
It is never a joke when you stalk someone blowing up something way beyond what it is really worth.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Don’t flatter yourself.

It was a joke, simple as that. I’d politely suggest you start taking yourself less seriously.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Don’t flatter yourself.

It was a joke, simple as that. I’d politely suggest you start taking yourself less seriously.
You prove yet again, you are a fool.
You have spent day after day berating me stalking me round the forum,
And then you are "Joking" with me?
I shall leave others to draw their own conclusions.

As I said, you are a coward and a bully.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:45 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Don’t flatter yourself.

It was a joke, simple as that. I’d politely suggest you start taking yourself less seriously.
You prove yet again, you are a fool.
You have spent day after day berating me stalking me round the forum,
And then you are "Joking" with me?
I shall leave others to draw their own conclusions.

As I said, you are a coward and a bully.
Calm down dear old Edward. You’ll do yourself a mischief.

The quote from Leave.EU sounded like something out of your anti-German xenophobic rants in earlier threads. And to be fair, it does.

It was a bit of fun at your expense. Take it with good grace and move on. It’s not good to be permanently angry at your age.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:06 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:45 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Don’t flatter yourself.

It was a joke, simple as that. I’d politely suggest you start taking yourself less seriously.
You prove yet again, you are a fool.
You have spent day after day berating me stalking me round the forum,
And then you are "Joking" with me?
I shall leave others to draw their own conclusions.

As I said, you are a coward and a bully.
Calm down dear old Edward. You’ll do yourself a mischief.

The quote from Leave.EU sounded like something out of your anti-German xenophobic rants in earlier threads. And to be fair, it does.

It was a bit of fun at your expense. Take it with good grace and move on. It’s not good to be permanently angry at your age.

Please, keep going. You really are showing,(if anyone needed proof), what a buffoon you really are.
From anyone else, including those who first had a go at what I said, I would have accepted it as a bit of a laugh.

I am perfectly calm.

You went way too far and there was nothing to joke about.You remain a bully and a coward.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:13 pm

There’s always plenty to joke about dear old Edward. You’ve provided me with a lifetime of material.

You should try laughing once in a while rather than shouting and getting angry over nothing. You’ll find it liberating. I can recommend some breathing exercises if you like.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:13 pm
There’s always plenty to joke about dear old Edward. You’ve provided me with a lifetime of material.

You should try laughing once in a while rather than shouting and getting angry over nothing. You’ll find it liberating. I can recommend some breathing exercises if you like.
Yet again, typical of you, divert and twist.

I laugh on a regular basis. At this time, regularly about your squirming in particular.
I am neither angry, nor shouting.
You meanwhile went way, way to far.

You however remain a bully and coward.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4768
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

He fought the law, and the law won

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 pm


Hang on - I’ve just realised. You worked in the tourism industry, have anger issues and have a problem with Germans. You’re Basil Fawlty!

Don’t mention the war, EDJOHNS mentioned it once. I think he got away with it! Can you do the funny walk?



If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 pm
Hang on - I’ve just realised. You worked in the tourism industry, have anger issues and have a problem with Germans. You’re Basil Fawlty!

Don’t mention the war, EDJOHNS mentioned it once. I think he got away with it! Can you do the funny walk?
I have no "anger issues" other than with bullies and cowards.

You are a bully and a coward.

As you insist on having proof, ...

You stalk me on other totally different threads trying to get people to ignore me, Thus proving you are a bully.
You have now 3 times ignored my offer to meet so you can say your piece to my face. You are a coward.

Keep twisting. Facts are facts and I have put up proof you are both a bully and a coward, and quite simply a nasty piece of work who's only pleasure in life seems to be to start arguments then play the victim while continuing to abuse others.

A bully and coward.

User avatar
mikkyx
Site Admin
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by mikkyx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:54 pm

That's (arguably more than) enough from the pair of you now, thanks. You can finish this off over private messaging if you insist on carrying it on.

Anyone wants to get this thread back on topic, feel free.
Mike Price - @mikkyx
---
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
One fifth of Darlo Fans Radio and one half of the Darlo Radio Football Show

EDJOHNS
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: He fought the law, and the law won

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:57 am

mikkyx wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:54 pm
That's (arguably more than) enough from the pair of you now, thanks. You can finish this off over private messaging if you insist on carrying it on.

Anyone wants to get this thread back on topic, feel free.
More than happy to. Despite the fact he seems to have taken you up and now decided to plague me with pm's



Hard to put a finger on what people accept as "proof" of 1 thing or another, and in all my years I can't think of anything, even the miners strike, that has caused so much ill feeling between not only friends but family as well.
I understand people are worried about jobs, etc, but as an old man, I have to wonder where national pride has gone.
No idea how many of you are old enough to remember the debates about joining the common market. I was, like many others in hindsight, suckered into voting to join. To this day I believe the basic idea was a good 1 but flawed by delivery and the way people have got to the top with a totally different agenda.
Been watching a lot of political programs the last few weeks, Peston the night before last was a good example of how people are both twisting stats to their own ends, and this is what I find really frightening. Also been watching lots of videos from the last few days in Brussels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFN37slX1A

is typical

"OUR EUROPEAN "PROJECT" says it all. This man seems to be 1 of the most anti British, anti democracy people I have ever come across. (Sad that he comes from a country I spend much time in and have a great affinity with), but note also who he "leads" he is the Leader of the "Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe". Not a country, but an alliance of countries, which would be fare enough until you listen to others who are determined to get rid of National borders and have us all as "States" of this union.

I never have, do not, and never will accept either the loss of our independence to create our own laws, nor being part of some "Superstate" when the requirements of members differ to such an extent.

Those who say we are "safe" because we always have veto's really need to think how "safe" those veto's are, because such things have not worked in the past, and from the more and more vitriolic murmerings coming out of Brussels, far to many want to dismiss them going forward.

Post Reply