Coronavirus.

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Old Git » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Looks like the plan is for all restrictions to be lifted by June 21st. That is great news and 🤞it means that next season will potentially be open for spectators and we can go back to normal.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Do you seriously think all restrictions will be lifted on June 21st.. Well be on the verge of lockdowns again by then. Don't take these dates as gospel as they won't be happening as and when they have been announced

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:06 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 pm
Do you seriously think all restrictions will be lifted on June 21st.. Well be on the verge of lockdowns again by then. Don't take these dates as gospel as they won't be happening as and when they have been announced

Not taking as gospel but hopeful. Surely we can look forward with some cautious optimism to a brighter future. You seem to be very sure it won’t happen but I sincerely hope you are wrong.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:07 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:

I agree, I think there will be ore than a few bumps along the road. Amy new variant of Covid19 could derail everything.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Im just cautious... We're going from everything closed to no restrictions within a few months.. BJ stood on live TV and stated hes not going by dates but by data, then in same sentence as from March 8th "all" schools open then on x y z dates this and that will open etc yet 20 seconds before said won't be relaxing things by date.. I really can't see things being as straight forward as people are lead to believe

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:07 pm
karlo-cardiff wrote:

I agree, I think there will be ore than a few bumps along the road. Amy new variant of Covid19 could derail everything.
All viruses mutate, we can’t keep living like this.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Many Premier League and EFL fixtures cancelled this weekend due to increasing COVID outbreaks. Almost inevitable that games in our league will be called off over Christmas and New Year, so just hoping we are not affected.
Seems that around a quarter of professional footballers have had no vaccinations at all. I wonder if vaccination status is going to be a factor for clubs when looking at which players to release/sign for next season. For me the idiots who are unvaccinated are an absolute disgrace.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:21 pm

Agreed, now only one game is scheduled to take place today Leeds v Arsenal. I think it is ridiculous that fans are expected to have a vaccine passport or provide a negative lateral flow test and players can continue without having had the vaccine.