Coronavirus.

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

AndyPark
Posts: 11596
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Pete, what is this fascination you have with matching the death toll with towns populations?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 01, 2020 6:48 pm

I think it just brings home how serious this, by showing how many people have passed away, than places we know in our local area.

AndyPark
Posts: 11596
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by AndyPark » Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 pm

We know how serious it is, I just think these comparisons are absolutely tedious Pete.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 02, 2020 8:28 am

AndyPark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 pm
We know how serious it is, I just think these comparisons are absolutely tedious Pete.
Pete likes his facts and figures. (Would have thought everyone knew that from the ROH).
No-one forces you to read his comments.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 pm
We know how serious it is, I just think these comparisons are absolutely tedious Pete.
Pete likes his facts and figures. (Would have thought everyone knew that from the ROH).
No-one forces you to read his comments.
Just a shame he’s no good at them, as we found out during your Laurel and Hardy-style attempt at taking over the club.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 03, 2020 7:57 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 pm
We know how serious it is, I just think these comparisons are absolutely tedious Pete.
Pete likes his facts and figures. (Would have thought everyone knew that from the ROH).
No-one forces you to read his comments.
Just a shame he’s no good at them, as we found out during your Laurel and Hardy-style attempt at taking over the club.
Obsessed, and wrong.
Funny that you now say he is no good at things but because he mistakenly ONCE put a T in front of my name you are 100% convinced of who I am.
Have a good day.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 pm
We know how serious it is, I just think these comparisons are absolutely tedious Pete.
Pete likes his facts and figures. (Would have thought everyone knew that from the ROH).
No-one forces you to read his comments.
Just a shame he’s no good at them, as we found out during your Laurel and Hardy-style attempt at taking over the club.
Obsessed, and wrong.
Funny that you now say he is no good at things but because he mistakenly ONCE put a T in front of my name you are 100% convinced of who I am.
Have a good day.
Nope, I call you Ted Forster because you are Ted Forster. It’s quite obvious who you are (all the details in your little Rugby League thread, all the times you make arguments here then repeat them in the Tin Shed, your writing style is similar, the fact you know exactly what I’m talking about when I make that reference, your age, the details you’ve revealed about your career and so on).

No surprise you’re trying to deny it, given your misdemeanours and humiliations of the past. Makes it all the funnier.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 04, 2020 7:33 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 pm
We know how serious it is, I just think these comparisons are absolutely tedious Pete.
Pete likes his facts and figures. (Would have thought everyone knew that from the ROH).
No-one forces you to read his comments.
Just a shame he’s no good at them, as we found out during your Laurel and Hardy-style attempt at taking over the club.
Obsessed, and wrong.
Funny that you now say he is no good at things but because he mistakenly ONCE put a T in front of my name you are 100% convinced of who I am.
Have a good day.
Nope, I call you Ted Forster because you are Ted Forster. It’s quite obvious who you are (all the details in your little Rugby League thread, all the times you make arguments here then repeat them in the Tin Shed, your writing style is similar, the fact you know exactly what I’m talking about when I make that reference, your age, the details you’ve revealed about your career and so on).

No surprise you’re trying to deny it, given your misdemeanours and humiliations of the past. Makes it all the funnier.
Thankfully, your opinions have no impact on my life.
When younger I was taught to pick only arguments that were worth winning. An argument with someone sad enough to live for arguments really is not worth bothering with.
Have a nice day.

Nimrod
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Nimrod » Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 am

I read an article over the weekend that talks about the ‘Hong Kong flu’ epidemic that hit the UK in 1968 - 80,000 deaths, yes 80,000!!! Yet it is barely a footnote in history. On that occasion the Government went with a herd immunity approach. No lockdown etc...

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 04, 2020 8:13 am

Yes there has been far worse pandemics in the past & I'm sure that very sadly there will be worse one's to come. Certainly in 1968 we didn't have all the science we have today & I'm certain that if we had there would have been a lot less lives lost to the HK flu.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 04, 2020 1:34 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm
EDJOHNS wrote: Pete likes his facts and figures. (Would have thought everyone knew that from the ROH).
No-one forces you to read his comments.
Just a shame he’s no good at them, as we found out during your Laurel and Hardy-style attempt at taking over the club.
Obsessed, and wrong.
Funny that you now say he is no good at things but because he mistakenly ONCE put a T in front of my name you are 100% convinced of who I am.
Have a good day.
Nope, I call you Ted Forster because you are Ted Forster. It’s quite obvious who you are (all the details in your little Rugby League thread, all the times you make arguments here then repeat them in the Tin Shed, your writing style is similar, the fact you know exactly what I’m talking about when I make that reference, your age, the details you’ve revealed about your career and so on).

No surprise you’re trying to deny it, given your misdemeanours and humiliations of the past. Makes it all the funnier.
Thankfully, your opinions have no impact on my life.
When younger I was taught to pick only arguments that were worth winning. An argument with someone sad enough to live for arguments really is not worth bothering with.
Have a nice day.
Ted, you always say that and come back for more.

Keep deflecting though, it’s very funny watching you squirm.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:34 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Just a shame he’s no good at them, as we found out during your Laurel and Hardy-style attempt at taking over the club.
Obsessed, and wrong.
Funny that you now say he is no good at things but because he mistakenly ONCE put a T in front of my name you are 100% convinced of who I am.
Have a good day.
Nope, I call you Ted Forster because you are Ted Forster. It’s quite obvious who you are (all the details in your little Rugby League thread, all the times you make arguments here then repeat them in the Tin Shed, your writing style is similar, the fact you know exactly what I’m talking about when I make that reference, your age, the details you’ve revealed about your career and so on).

No surprise you’re trying to deny it, given your misdemeanours and humiliations of the past. Makes it all the funnier.
Thankfully, your opinions have no impact on my life.
When younger I was taught to pick only arguments that were worth winning. An argument with someone sad enough to live for arguments really is not worth bothering with.
Have a nice day.
Ted, you always say that and come back for more.

Keep deflecting though, it’s very funny watching you squirm.
Not squirming whatever. You simply don't matter enough to have that effect.
As I have said before I sort of feel sorry for you when the highlight of your life is obviously when you manage to get someone to take the bate and argue with you.
Think what you like. The mods obviously don't accept your "proof" as they would have banned me long ago if they did.
By the way, you never answered the question. Where is the tin shed? I can't find it.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Ted, you said you weren’t bothered, yet you’re biting to EVERY single post I make. Evidently me replying does irritate you. Which is joyous.

Considering you claim to know nothing about Ted Forster, why do you think the mods would ban him (you)? You know an awful lot about that, considering you claim not to be him. Even now, you’re tripping yourself up. Thick and thin-skinned.

You’re too much fun. I wouldn’t say it’s the highlight of my life, nor do I live to argue. But running rings around an unpleasant, egotistical narcissistic bully boy like you does give me the kind of smile to lift the spirits. You’re too easy.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue May 05, 2020 6:54 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 pm
Ted, you said you weren’t bothered, yet you’re biting to EVERY single post I make. Evidently me replying does irritate you. Which is joyous.

Considering you claim to know nothing about Ted Forster, why do you think the mods would ban him (you)? You know an awful lot about that, considering you claim not to be him. Even now, you’re tripping yourself up. Thick and thin-skinned.

You’re too much fun. I wouldn’t say it’s the highlight of my life, nor do I live to argue. But running rings around an unpleasant, egotistical narcissistic bully boy like you does give me the kind of smile to lift the spirits. You’re too easy.
There you go yet again. A "fact" in your own mind, X a few.
I am not as you wish, "biting". That insinuates annoyance on my part. Simply responding to someone who named me.
I have not said I know nothing about him, simply that I am not him. What I have said I know nothing about is "The Tinshed" where you say I post. I don't.
Why would I not know the mods would ban me if they thought your "proof" sound? I may have only joined Uncovered last year to discuss rugby, but I have read from the site for many years.

User avatar
OHDFC
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by OHDFC » Tue May 05, 2020 9:56 pm

Old Git wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm
Impressive achievement to have managed over 100k tests per day by the end of April. I must say I think Matt Hancock has done an excellent job, in a very difficult situation.
Yes impressive figure indeed.
What a pity 10 years of Austerity had left us so badly prepared in the first place.
Very much hope that no future government leaves us in such a poor position in the future.
Even more impressive given that, according to the Government briefing, testing capacity was ca 108,000 on May 4 ca 14,000 less than the tests they reported to have done on April 30
Or is capacity reducing?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 10, 2020 9:07 am

What are people doing with all there spare time stuck at home?

Well I've been attempting to get my garden sorted, well the front garden at least!! Last year my back garden had thistle's taller than me, haha. I've also been playing the free online strategy game forge of empires, which is addictive.

Anybody got any tips on how to pass the time, especially when the weather is manky outside?

joejaques
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by joejaques » Sun May 10, 2020 9:30 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:07 am
What are people doing with all there spare time stuck at home?

Well I've been attempting to get my garden sorted, well the front garden at least!! Last year my back garden had thistle's taller than me, haha. I've also been playing the free online strategy game forge of empires, which is addictive.

Anybody got any tips on how to pass the time, especially when the weather is manky outside?
Watch the Trophy Final again? :D :lol: :roll:
Image

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:07 am
What are people doing with all there spare time stuck at home?

Well I've been attempting to get my garden sorted, well the front garden at least!! Last year my back garden had thistle's taller than me, haha. I've also been playing the free online strategy game forge of empires, which is addictive.

Anybody got any tips on how to pass the time, especially when the weather is manky outside?
I play the microsoft solitaire and mahjong daily challenge every day, and a lot of mahjong either alone or in competition. Keeps the brain box working.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 11, 2020 3:08 pm

The hypocrisy of Nicola Sturgeon is unbelievable. A week ago she was talking about easing the lockdown as Scotland was then seen to be better placed to ease restrictions. Now she is saying that the Government should still be telling people to still stay at home & the lockdown shouldn't be eased. She should stick to running Scotland & stop trying to interfere in what is happening in England.

Old Git
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Old Git » Mon May 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:08 pm
The hypocrisy of Nicola Sturgeon is unbelievable. A week ago she was talking about easing the lockdown as Scotland was then seen to be better placed to ease restrictions. Now she is saying that the Government should still be telling people to still stay at home & the lockdown shouldn't be eased. She should stick to running Scotland & stop trying to interfere in what is happening in England.
Sorry Pete what is your point?
Surely Sturgeon is doing what she thinks is right for Scotland and that is her job. Different parts of the UK may be at slightly different phases of the pandemic and the emphasis may be different in Scotland to England.What about Northern Ireland they share a land border with the Republic of Ireland so perhaps they need to stay more in step with them than the rest of the UK. Complicated situation which can change quickly so lets not jump to making party political points. We all know you are a true blue but don’t let that blind you to the government’s failings.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 11, 2020 5:37 pm

My point is that last week Sturgeon said that Scotland wouldn't be bound by w2hat was happening in England. At that time it looked like she was going to be easing the restrictions in Scotland before England. But as the virus hasn't improved as much as she had hoped she can't ease the restrictions. Now she is complaining that there isn't a unified approach & that England acting independently of the other home nations is sending different messages & is not helpful to Scotland.

Old Git
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Old Git » Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:37 pm
My point is that last week Sturgeon said that Scotland wouldn't be bound by w2hat was happening in England. At that time it looked like she was going to be easing the restrictions in Scotland before England. But as the virus hasn't improved as much as she had hoped she can't ease the restrictions. Now she is complaining that there isn't a unified approach & that England acting independently of the other home nations is sending different messages & is not helpful to Scotland.
England and Scotland acting differently is I suppose what happens with devolution. Give them full independence if that suits them. At least then they cannot keep blaming us(English) for all their ills. Sturgeon will always want to score political points off the British PM as it suits her political agenda of independence.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue May 12, 2020 8:00 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:37 pm
My point is that last week Sturgeon said that Scotland wouldn't be bound by w2hat was happening in England. At that time it looked like she was going to be easing the restrictions in Scotland before England. But as the virus hasn't improved as much as she had hoped she can't ease the restrictions. Now she is complaining that there isn't a unified approach & that England acting independently of the other home nations is sending different messages & is not helpful to Scotland.
England and Scotland acting differently is I suppose what happens with devolution. Give them full independence if that suits them. At least then they cannot keep blaming us(English) for all their ills. Sturgeon will always want to score political points off the British PM as it suits her political agenda of independence.
Totally agree. It has started to really rail at me that England have no input into a lot of what is going to happen in Scotland and Wales yet their MP's are still having an effect on the lives of the English. If Sturgeon and others are sincere about quitting the UK the first thing they should do is to either relinquish or refuse to sit in their seats at Westminster

Old Git
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Old Git » Tue May 12, 2020 8:13 am

Sturgeon and Co. want the best of both worlds at the present time. Let her have another referendum on the basis the question cannot be asked again for the next 25 years making it a truly once in a generation thing. If the answer is yes they can go but must do entirely and if the answer is no shut up.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 12, 2020 10:05 am

Old Git wrote:Sturgeon and Co. want the best of both worlds at the present time. Let her have another referendum on the basis the question cannot be asked again for the next 25 years making it a truly once in a generation thing. If the answer is yes they can go but must do entirely and if the answer is no shut up.
But they wouldn’t shut up about it if they lost. The independence cause won’t disappear with a No vote. It didn’t in 2014 - within hours of the EU vote, Sturgeon was straight on to the podium demanding a new Scottish independence referendum.

If they lost a new vote, as soon as the slightest thing changes, they’ll be on demanding a new referendum.

If they lost 46-54 or by an even narrower margin, it would be “support for independence has grown since 2014, we demand another referendum in a couple of years”.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Great news that the furlough scheme has been extended till the end of October & that it remains at 80% as it was strongly rumoured that it would be reduced to 60%. This news lifts a great weight off my shoulders. :clap:

EDJOHNS
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:23 pm
Great news that the furlough scheme has been extended till the end of October & that it remains at 80% as it was strongly rumoured that it would be reduced to 60%. This news lifts a great weight off my shoulders. :clap:
And as an added bonus virtually covers the rugby league contracts.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12999
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 16, 2020 9:06 pm

I've had the Coronavirus Test. It wasn't straightforward & only got the result back yesterday, 11 days after posting the swab, which isn't great. I was only doing the test to give feedback on the process, but surely if you thought you had Coronavirus waiting 11 days is far from ideal.

AndyPark
Posts: 11596
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 17, 2020 1:02 pm

So you wasted resources to give feedback, I despair Pete.

Old Git
Posts: 598
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by Old Git » Sun May 17, 2020 1:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:06 pm
I've had the Coronavirus Test. It wasn't straightforward & only got the result back yesterday, 11 days after posting the swab, which isn't great. I was only doing the test to give feedback on the process, but surely if you thought you had Coronavirus waiting 11 days is far from ideal.
Hope you were part of some sort of official study to provide feedback on testing. If you were just doing it off your own bat you are a complete bellend.

Post Reply