Rugby Six Nations

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

rj50
Team Supported: Darlington

Rugby Six Nations

Post by rj50 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:07 am

Is upon us again,who are your choices to win it?

France for me as Ireland and England have to play in Paris.

AndyPark

Re: Rugby Six Nations

Post by AndyPark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 pm

As i don't follow Rugby, i want England to win :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Rj the question is will the game be shown in the Corner Bar after the Rotherham game? I hope it is because I'll stay for a few drinks and watch the game, if its not then I'll go straight home and watch it their.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 pm

dont tend to follow rugby, but i do watch the six nations.. thats about it... dont think england will win it.. my moneys going on wales.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:22 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:dont tend to follow rugby, but i do watch the six nations.. thats about it... dont think england will win it.. my moneys going on wales.
Don't say that, that'll get rj all excited. I can't see them winning at Twickenham, as they have a pretty bad record their.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm going to add the most pointless response to this thread by saying i couldn't give a shite. After tennis it is the most pointless sport ever. League over Union any day of the week.

I'll go for Italy then.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 am

i think tennis is awesome! Behind Darlo, tennis is my favourite spor t(I prefer playing it to football), but I don't really care who wins the 6 nations. Obviously, as an Englishman, I'd prefer it if England won, but I'd just quite like to see some entertaining matches really.

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Mullet69 wrote:I'm going to add the most pointless response to this thread by saying i couldn't give a sh**e. After tennis it is the most pointless sport ever. League over Union any day of the week.

I'll go for Italy then.
It's funny how you like rugby league but hate rugby union, that's like saying I like the 100m sprint but the 200m sprint is pointless! Normally I don't have any interest in rugby but like to watch the international game. England to win the grand slam I reckon. Talking of international rugby, has anyone seen the previews of that film Invictus about the 1995 World Cup in South Africa, with Morgan Freeman starting as Morgan Freeman?! His attempt at playing Nelson Mandela is like he's trying to do a Michael Caine impression! :lol:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Mullet69 wrote: After tennis it is the most pointless sport ever. League over Union any day of the week.
I dont agree with the first bit, but your second sentence is spot on :thumbup:

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Jamm wrote: It's funny how you like rugby league but hate rugby union, that's like saying I like the 100m sprint but the 200m sprint is pointless! Normally I don't have any interest in rugby but like to watch the international game. England to win the grand slam I reckon. Talking of international rugby, has anyone seen the previews of that film Invictus about the 1995 World Cup in South Africa, with Morgan Freeman starting as Morgan Freeman?! His attempt at playing Nelson Mandela is like he's trying to do a Michael Caine impression! :lol:
Mate, they are like 2 completely different sports. Can't really describe to a non-believer but for me League is quicker, tougher and just more entertaining to watch.

Although Union boys will say the complete opposite. It's not massively common for people to be big fans of both codes - dunno why though
Mullet69uk on Twitter