Prison sentance for these idiots..

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Free_Transfer
Team Supported: Darlington

Prison sentance for these idiots..

Post by Free_Transfer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:33 am

So my uncle is driving home on Friday night and just starting to turn into his drive. Suddenly, a car comes out of nowhere, and tries to speed between him and his driveway, obviously not possible. There was a collision, but the other car's driver kept his foot down and tried to flee the scene. Luckily his car was that badly damaged, it only managed to crawl 100ft further up the road. They both got out and ran, leaving my uncle with a massive head injury and brain swelling. Luckily, he's alright now but is obviously shaken up by the affair. The charges are as follows; driving without a license, driving without insurance & tax, driving under the influence of both drink AND drugs, dangerous driving, and i assume fleeing the scene.

The police have been really good and are pushing through with a conviction, but what's the betting it's a 2 year driving ban, £50 fine, and a suspended sentance? Shame the fvckers didn't break both their legs off in the crash, justice done.

BishopQuaker

Re: Prison sentance for these idiots..

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:21 am

If you're under the influence of drugs or alcohol (let alone both) it should be more than 2 years. 5 or lifetime ban depending on the severity of their actions.

Just my opinion

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:So my uncle is driving home on Friday night and just starting to turn into his drive. Suddenly, a car comes out of nowhere, and tries to speed between him and his driveway, obviously not possible. There was a collision, but the other car's driver kept his foot down and tried to flee the scene. Luckily his car was that badly damaged, it only managed to crawl 100ft further up the road. They both got out and ran, leaving my uncle with a massive head injury and brain swelling. Luckily, he's alright now but is obviously shaken up by the affair. The charges are as follows; driving without a license, driving without insurance & tax, driving under the influence of both drink AND drugs, dangerous driving, and i assume fleeing the scene.

The police have been really good and are pushing through with a conviction, but what's the betting it's a 2 year driving ban, £50 fine, and a suspended sentance? Shame the fvckers didn't break both their legs off in the crash, justice done.
The reason these sort of people escape injury is simple, the shite gene. The underclass often fall from buildings, have high speed crashes, baseball bats round heads etc and are virtually unscathed, the shite gene kicks in and protects them. If it was you or me we'd be killed by a conker falling from a tree or something.

From what you describe I'd imagine the driver would have only been charged with drink driving (drugs requires forensic analysis and would take several weeks) which is a mandatory 1 year ban but maybe longer depending on how pissed they were. The other offences will add weight to any sentence which as you suspect will probably only be community based.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Wether its a 5 or even Lifetime ban makes no difference BQ...

They were driving without a license anyway, and having done it once, I have no doubt they would do it again!

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Ah yes.

Good point.

Shoot them and harvest their organs?

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:00 pm

ShrewsX wrote:Wether its a 5 or even Lifetime ban makes no difference BQ...

They were driving without a license anyway, and having done it once, I have no doubt they would do it again!

Shrews
If caught whist disqual as as opposed to just no licence they're likely to be hammered by the courts and may face jail (more likely than a burglar in some cases). The courts get very harsh with people who defy a direct instruction fom them, ie you are banned.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 am

If they have been charged with Dangerous Driving, there is a good chance it will go to Crown Court, and prison is a distinct possibility. Also, a conviction for Dangerous Driving carries a lengthy disqualification, following which you need to sit an extended retest.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah, they're in the Magistrates on the 6th of May, then Crown Court on the 16th. Hopefully curtains for them both, apparently the owner of the car claimed the car had been stolen and didn't know anything of it...the owner being the driver. Clod.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

Bring back the birch.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

MattyJ

Post by MattyJ » Sat May 01, 2010 1:39 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... drunk.html

If they can dish out driving bans for that then I'm sure they will have to come up with something that matches the severity of your case!