Disgusted

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DarloOnTheUp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Disgusted

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:06 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
darloviper wrote:I tell you what next home game lets have a blind person doing the commentary on the game eh?
nah, that wouldnt work, lol
So NOW you get the point. If only you'd admitted that 3 pages ago. You would have saved my forehead a good hammering by the wall.

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:10 pm

I once saw an advert for a no armed mechanic in the yellow pages! I rang the number but there was no answer.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 pm

darloviper wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:
darloviper wrote:I tell you what next home game lets have a blind person doing the commentary on the game eh?

precisely lol, what a stupid thread this has turned into
The thread became stupid when people started making comments like yours here! :roll:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Rocky Dennis wrote:I once saw an advert for a no armed mechanic in the yellow pages! I rang the number but there was no answer.
:lol:

Watch it, you'll upset Rob.

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 pm

but hodgie what if the blind person's assistant told them what was happening on the pitch and they then talked into the microphone? much like the mute person but in reverse

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

darloviper wrote:but hodgie what if the blind person's assistant told them what was happening on the pitch and they then talked into the microphone? much like the mute person but in reverse
He'll have to check his book of reasonableness and then get back to you.

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

loan_star wrote:
darloviper wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:

precisely lol, what a stupid thread this has turned into
The thread became stupid when people started making comments like yours here! :roll:

that may be but when people want to have a go at me then why shouldn't i join in with the stupidness too?

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I know Garry and I've never known him to have a speech impediment of any sort. If he does have one he's hid it very well over the time I've known him!

All of the commentators and co commentators we have all get stick for one thing or another, but think back to Newport away last season, the gentleman we had that night made me very greatful for Simpo, Nick, Garry, Smudger, Gray etc...I switched over to the Welsh commentary after about 20 minutes he was that irritating!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Well whatever people say on this thread, it still doesnt excuse people from ripping the piss out of someone for something they have very little control over. Its pathetic. The lad is doing his best and also trying to provide a service to people on here who do nowt but whinge all the time and all he gets for it is abuse from a small minded minority. Grow up for fucks sake, you're acting like sad school bullies.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh so he HASN'T got a speech impediment then? :lol: Well, well, well, whaddya fucking well know?

Now what do the PC brigade say to that one, because it reduces my crime to simply...criticising somebody who was crap.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Quakerz wrote:Oh so he HASN'T got a speech impediment then? :lol: Well, well, well, whaddya fucking well know?

Now what do the PC brigade say to that one, because it reduces my crime to simply...criticising somebody who was crap.
Its not noticable when speaking face to face. I guess nerves probably make it stand out more. Still not on though taking the piss.

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Breedon wrote:I know Garry and I've never known him to have a speech impediment of any sort. If he does have one he's hid it very well over the time I've known him!

:lol: :lol:
what a lovely thread this just turned into
whats my crime now?

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:22 pm

darloviper wrote:but hodgie what if the blind person's assistant told them what was happening on the pitch and they then talked into the microphone? much like the mute person but in reverse
now u r been stupid, the mute could seee the game, then sign, the blind person obviously couldnt sono matter if he had an assistant it wouldnt make any difference

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 pm

darloviper wrote:
Breedon wrote:I know Garry and I've never known him to have a speech impediment of any sort. If he does have one he's hid it very well over the time I've known him!

whats my crime now?
the fact remains that until a few minutes ago, u didnt know -

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
darloviper wrote:

whats my crime now?
So?

Now we know. It was a PC false alarm.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:27 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
darloviper wrote:

whats my crime now?

I did actually cos I know who he is but hey, that makes no difference

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Gaz dose not have a speech impediment and he could put any you on the floor with his witty one liners. It would be half of you lot tongue tied trying to give a come back he would own all but the biggest wit, so I doubt he needs your pity.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:28 pm

But you thought he had a speech impediment and took the piss out of it. Whether he has a stammer or not is immaterial to this discussion. It shows what kind of people you are.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:28 pm

I wonder what Gary Mann has to say about this thread :silent:

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Here Quakerz I have noticed you seem to like to taking the piss out of people (some woman stranded in her PJ's a few weeks ago?) and you seem to have quite a high regard for yourself. No real crime for either of those things I guess.

I do think though if you genuinely think you could do a better job get yourself on to it. I don't think it would be that hard, I can hardly see there being a queue of people lining up to do it. To use the excuse you dont like the sound of your own voice seems a little weak.

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:But you thought he had a speech impediment and took the piss out of it. Whether he has a stammer or not is immaterial to this discussion. It shows what kind of people you are.

you're wrong actually, i thought he stammered, i never said he had a stammer in the sense of a "disability"

darlociaran

Post by darlociaran » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Sometimes this board can be an embarrassment that tarnishes the clubs perspective. I think people like myself often just come on here to check team news, transfers etc and then you see this sack of s***. God knows why people would want to start following this club reading the tripe that some of you idiots write.

*rant over* probably won't be coming back for a while.

In b4 shitstorm

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm

This thread is golden... :lol:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:35 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
DL5 wrote:I wonder what Gary Mann has to say about this thread :silent:
Well I hope he's better at typing than he is talking.
Well he could always get a job as a touch typist but get some other fucker to do it for him just so society can say "he has the same chance as everyone else".

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:37 pm

piggy wrote:Here Quakerz I have noticed you seem to like to taking the piss out of people (some woman stranded in her PJ's a few weeks ago?) and you seem to have quite a high regard for yourself. No real crime for either of those things I guess.
Come on man, the woman driving in her PJ's was just gross stupidity - if I hadn't said it somebody else would have
I do think though if you genuinely think you could do a better job get yourself on to it. I don't think it would be that hard, I can hardly see there being a queue of people lining up to do it. To use the excuse you dont like the sound of your own voice seems a little weak.
I actually cringe when I hear myself talk on a recording, I sound like a right gormless c*** and go bright red with embarrassment.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I know gary and as far as I know he doesnt have a speech impedement but even if he did then I am afraid I agree with the people who have stated that the comments were out of order.

My youngest son has bumpy speech and I hope that when he grows up he doesn't come across some people with similar views and opinions as some have shown on here. It is seriously pathetic, its like a lord of the flies moment, spot somebodies weakness and pounce on it. Did you do the same things when you were at school, picking on the kids who didn't really fit in? Or pick on the kids who weren't the same as everybody else around?

anyway, I think people really need to take a step back and start acting their age.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:39 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:This thread is golden... :lol:
one thing darlo on the up, i accept that in practice the scernios we discussed wouldnt work in practice, perhaps i did get on my high horse re the law side of things, i apologise

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:40 pm

uncovered wrote:I know gary and as far as I know he doesnt have a speech impedement but even if he did then I am afraid I agree with the people who have stated that the comments were out of order.

My youngest son has bumpy speech and I hope that when he grows up he doesn't come across some people with similar views and opinions as some have shown on here. It is seriously pathetic, its like a lord of the flies moment, spot somebodies weakness and pounce on it. Did you do the same things when you were at school, picking on the kids who didn't really fit in? Or pick on the kids who weren't the same as everybody else around?

anyway, I think people really need to take a step back and start acting their age.

sorry dad! :silent:

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 pm

uncovered wrote:I know gary and as far as I know he doesnt have a speech impedement but even if he did then I am afraid I agree with the people who have stated that the comments were out of order.

spot on scott

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Agreed Scott.

Taking the piss out of people for (a perceived or actual) disability is just not acceptable.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.