So whos not going tommorow who usually would ?

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlingtontown
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by darlingtontown » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:56 pm

All calmed down since tuesday ?
Or still determined to make a stand.

Darlo_Rob

Re: So whos not going tommorow who usually would ?

Post by Darlo_Rob » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't think there would ever be a time when I wouldn't want to go to a Darlo match. However I am a bit apprehensive about going tomorrow, if we don't win I do fear the backlash. At least I can look forward to a hot beef sarnie at half time, that was the highlight of the game in our relegation season.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:I don't think there would ever be a time when I wouldn't want to go to a Darlo match. However I am a bit apprehensive about going tomorrow, if we don't win I do fear the backlash. At least I can look forward to a hot beef sarnie at half time, that was the highlight of the game in our relegation season.
Me too.. Come on darlo

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm a proper supporter - not a fairweather fan - so I'll be there as usual. Yes, the current crap is hurting but football is a game where for every winner there has to be a loser.

If we all got our own way and never lost a match or a sequence it wouldn't get the passion we experienced at Wembley.

Please follow YOUR team through thick AND thin!!!

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:I'm a proper supporter - not a fairweather fan - so I'll be there as usual. Yes, the current crap is hurting but football is a game where for every winner there has to be a loser.

If we all got our own way and never lost a match or a sequence it wouldn't get the passion we experienced at Wembley.

But you're a season ticket holder are you not? You've paid for your ticket anyway.

I wouldn't blame any of those who pay on a weekly basis for deciding that their £16/£18 could be better spent somewhere else.

3 games of ten pin bowling, a trip with the kids to the cinema, a day at Adventure Valley all seem like better entertainment for comparable cost at the moment.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Got to be honest, half of the reason I enjoyed Wembley so much was exactly because I've stuck with it through s*** like this for so long. When we were celebrating afterwards I was thinking of the night of the Hayes and Yeading game last season which was about as demoralised I've ever been about football and being glad I'd stuck with it when I was tempted not to.

I'll be there tomorrow and if anyone near me comes along wanting us to get beaten to further their Cooper out campaign they will be getting a good gubbing.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:I'm a proper supporter - not a fairweather fan - so I'll be there as usual. Yes, the current crap is hurting but football is a game where for every winner there has to be a loser.

But you're a season ticket holder are you not? You've paid for your ticket anyway.

I wouldn't blame any of those who pay on a weekly basis for deciding that their £16/£18 could be better spent somewhere else.

3 games of ten pin bowling, a trip with the kids to the cinema, a day at Adventure Valley all seem like better entertainment for comparable cost at the moment.
Even that doesn't stop me spending another £20 on programme, beer, carvery bun, 50/50 etc.

My ST only proves I'm not a casual supporter - I don't have to turn up regardless.

I truly wish we were playing the football that would make people want to pay £18 on the spur of the moment - even if it's to avoid shopping with the wife!!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Ill be there, cant say im lookig forward to the game but ill be in attendance hoping Cooper can turn this around

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Right, I won't be there tomorrow because nowadays I rarely do home games and during the late summer and early spring it clashes with golf. I do the aways because at least I get my money's worth from the day. BUT, and as many will vouch for me, if I could go tomorrow I would because I'm a Darlo fan and let's face it, if I didn't go because of the shite fare on show I doubt idve been to more than ten games in the last five years.

Can't blame a season ticket holder for not bothering (they've paid their cash) but at the same time can't help but think the paying customer is using our current form as a reason to hide behind and a soft excuse for not going. For me, being a Darlo fan has never ever been about watching quality but as much the uniqueness of following my local club regardless of form/league position/financial trouble. If I wanted quality football I'd be a premier league tv fan or a plastic mackem/Geordie.

In my opinion, those not bothering tomorrow are those who can't wait to find an excuse not to go.

......also acknowledges steeps admission prices for shite product
Mullet69uk on Twitter

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:36 am

mrcoops1984 wrote:Controversial but as expected - I won't be there. I've only missed a hand full of games over last few years (work commitments and holidays).

I'm not going for reasons already discussed (Clueless Cooper & unhappy players). This is not about "supporting the team through thick & thin" - this is different.

Can't justify wasting money on a game I won't enjoy.

For once, I do not want abuse this is my opinion and my own reasons for not going. My 2 mates who are regulars aren't going for the same reasons. I'm eager to see what attendance we get tomorrow.
You mean you're pretending it's different so you can feel less guilty and pretend you have principles?

At the end of the day you support DFC and Raj Singh. How much of a snob have you become, that you refuse to watch shite football? lol, it's always been shite!

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:10 am

Price is of course always an issue and something that has held us back since the rise to £18. The problem is, once it is up at that champagne price it is something people will do sparingly.

I have resented paying that to watch Cooper's team from day one in truth. I really haven't enjoyed matchdays since he's been here (Trophy games aside).

Been to 2 home games and 2 away this season.

Didn't go Tuesday night. It is painful to watch a great game trashed in the Cooper style. I don't think it has anything at all to do with the level. York play good stuff at this level for example. The way he sets teams out and the players he buys are anti-football and I find it horrible to watch.

Coops is a cup manager, so I'll go to the cup games.

I'm a Darlo fan. But that also makes me a football fan. This isn't football it's more like rugby. I don't really like rugby.

I had a season ticket 5 years in a row.

If the price was reasonable I'd no doubt have more of a look but so would so many others and the atmosphere would improve.

I don't boo and never have. I'm just going to vote with my feet and let's be honest about a thousand have already since Cooper's tenure.

For all those kids on here who say 'that doesn't make you a supporter' ask yourselves this. Do you truly believe it is in the club's best interest for this man to remain in charge? What damage is it doing to the fan base and the clubs medium and long term future?

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:14 am

i'll be there. we've been through worse.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 am

Fuck me, bedaledarlo comes out of retirement. Nothing like a crisis at the club to bring the A-List retards out of the woodwork :lol:

You were calling for Coopers head by Christmas last season bedale, and ended up looking like a right c*** for it. You sharp disappeared off here when he started getting results and went on the Wembley run.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:02 am

TDS wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:Controversial but as expected - I won't be there. I've only missed a hand full of games over last few years (work commitments and holidays).

I'm not going for reasons already discussed (Clueless Cooper & unhappy players). This is not about "supporting the team through thick & thin" - this is different.

Can't justify wasting money on a game I won't enjoy.

For once, I do not want abuse this is my opinion and my own reasons for not going. My 2 mates who are regulars aren't going for the same reasons. I'm eager to see what attendance we get tomorrow.
You mean you're pretending it's different so you can feel less guilty and pretend you have principles?

At the end of the day you support DFC and Raj Singh. How much of a snob have you become, that you refuse to watch shite football? lol, it's always been shite!
Oh come on, Tuesday took the piss!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:05 am

bedaledarlo wrote: I don't boo and never have. I'm just going to vote with my feet and let's be honest about a thousand have already since Cooper's tenure.
No, no they haven't. Attendances are slightly up this season, though doubtless the average will take another hammering today.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:19 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:Fuck me, bedaledarlo comes out of retirement. Nothing like a crisis at the club to bring the A-List retards out of the woodwork :lol:

You were calling for Coopers head by Christmas last season bedale, and ended up looking like a right c*** for it. You sharp disappeared off here when he started getting results and went on the Wembley run.
Both of those claims are nonesense Jazz. I supported giving him the FA Trophy, but have been proven correct in my assessment of Cooper all along.

For someone who on at least 5 issues I can think of has made a complete fool of himself and seen the facts predictably catch up with him, this is perhaps the funniest one.

Are you really suggesting its me that looks a c*** over Cooper and not you?

Do you still think he was wrong to bring Chandler in when he did?

Do you not think given how he did that it was a mistake to leave him out for the costly start to last season?

As usual you are high on abuse and low on content. (This is no doubt because to you thinking is a flick through your daily mail). No wonder you are low on content, when you scratch the surface of anything you end up looking what you are.... an angry, quite unintelligent man.

You are a quimbicile

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 am

Quakerz wrote:
bedaledarlo wrote: I don't boo and never have. I'm just going to vote with my feet and let's be honest about a thousand have already since Cooper's tenure.
No, no they haven't. Attendances are slightly up this season, though doubtless the average will take another hammering today.
Yes, they have. Since Cooper's tenure.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 am

bedaledarlo wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Yes, they have. Since Cooper's tenure.
Sorry Bedale but thats rubbish. Crowds were bound to take a hammering following relegation to the BSP. That wasnt Coopers fault. Crowds have been better this season than last.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 am

No, no they haven't.

What was our average in 2009/10, BEFORE Cooper? 1,943.

At least get your fucking facts right, Bedey.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 am

mrcoops1984 wrote:Can't justify wasting money on a game I won't enjoy.
I can remember plenty of dire games when we supposedly had some quality players under Little, Hodgson and Penney. You cant guarantee if a game is going to be entertaining going off the previous one. Remember Alan Murrays first 2 games in charge, a shite showing at Scunthorpe followed by the 7-3 win over Colchester. If I had your attitude then I would have blown out the Colchester game in protest at the Scunny performance!

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 am

Quakerz wrote:No, no they haven't.

What was our average in 2009/10, BEFORE Cooper? 1,943.

At least get your fucking facts right, Bedey.
Sorry I honestly thought crowds were higher during the relegation season, as the man I'm the famous song 'hes a puff, a puff' once said, I'm going to lick a Bidet!

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:05 am

loan_star wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:Can't justify wasting money on a game I won't enjoy.
I can remember plenty of dire games when we supposedly had some quality players under Little, Hodgson and Penney. You cant guarantee if a game is going to be entertaining going off the previous one. Remember Alan Murrays first 2 games in charge, a shite showing at Scunthorpe followed by the 7-3 win over Colchester. If I had your attitude then I would have blown out the Colchester game in protest at the Scunny performance!
Me and my best mate are seen on north news dancing at the park end when the 6th went in. I think the point on that one Robbo is what you can achieve by taking over a set of players with a new attitude and style of play.

Murray said quite simply 'we weren't getting enough balls into the box'

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:13 am

Well I decided I was going to give today a miss because the wallpaper needed stripping but suddenly that doesn't seem too appealing.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:20 am

bedaledarlo wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:Fuck me, bedaledarlo comes out of retirement. Nothing like a crisis at the club to bring the A-List retards out of the woodwork :lol:

Both of those claims are nonesense Jazz. I supported giving him the FA Trophy, but have been proven correct in my assessment of Cooper all along.

For someone who on at least 5 issues I can think of has made a complete fool of himself and seen the facts predictably catch up with him, this is perhaps the funniest one.

Are you really suggesting its me that looks a c*** over Cooper and not you?

Do you still think he was wrong to bring Chandler in when he did?

Do you not think given how he did that it was a mistake to leave him out for the costly start to last season?

As usual you are high on abuse and low on content. (This is no doubt because to you thinking is a flick through your daily mail). No wonder you are low on content, when you scratch the surface of anything you end up looking what you are.... an angry, quite unintelligent man.

You are a quimbicile
Another essay, another load of rambling shite from the resident retard.

You claim you rate Cooper as a cup manager but if you had your way he would have been sacked before he had chance to mastermind our cup run.

You wanted him out after a couple of months, when he'd had no pre season and had no chance to put his own team together. You're now claiming you were right all along, as if you had some kind of inside advance knowledge on how this season was going to start, nearly a year ago.

You flounced off this messageboard because of the constant ridicule you got due to your constant wrongness and outright bullshit. As soon as we run into a proper crisis you re-appear claiming 'I was right all along'.

You keep saying I was wrong about everything, as if saying this repeatedly will make it true, and change the fact you were actually wrong about everything and were told this by everyone on here.

I stick by my judgement that you're a thick as fuck mcdonalds employee posting shite on his break from the drive-thru window.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:30 am

I have to side with Jazz here, over to you Bedale.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:45 am

If bedale wins this argument it will be a victory for football.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am

mikkyx wrote:If bedale wins this argument it will be a victory for football.
:lol:

It would also be a fucking miracle!

Im not getting into an argument with him though, as his response will consist of 'No Jazz, Im right and you're wrong' somehow spread out over 6 paragraphs.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:

Im not getting into an argument with him though, as his response will consist of 'No Jazz, Im right and you're wrong' somehow spread out over 6 paragraphs.
Yeah but that's part of the fun.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:01 am

Quakerz wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:

Yeah but that's part of the fun.
Maybe if I was bored off my cock at work, but the weather is too nice and the beer garden is too inviting for me to spend the day arguing with mongs on the internet.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Bringing the thread back to topic, im not going today to show my own discontent with the start to this season (plus £15 an hour at work really won the battle).