Clark Keltie (the argumentative posts!)

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bedaledarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Clark Keltie (the argumentative posts!)

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Ok DOTU. You aren't having to explain the concept.

I think he has flaws that can't be ironed out by the level of football he plays in, hence the point about long aimless punts. They dont become searching passes at a different level do they? They are shitty balls in the Premier league and also in under 11s school league.

The question is for you really. Do u think he should be in this winning midfield and at whose expense?

It's a bit tough arguing there is no comparison between current midfielders when that is exactly what Gray is doing right now.

Im sorry DOTU but I think we are clearly going to disagree on Clarke's abilities. He certainly hasn't ever turned into Superman for me and I'm afraid I truly don't see that happening just cos he drops a league or 4.

Christaphano - people saying 'Keltie will piss this league' are wanting to bum him. Sorry if that offends you. He has always had lovers and haters. I don't hate him, I've said several times he gives 100% and he breaks up play well. I just don't think he's as good as what we have and don't want to 'bum' him.

I sincerely hope he does piss this league so that all you chaps are proven right. Let's wait and see, eh? Didn't exactly set the BSP alight, nor league 2 but let's hope he is worthy of dislodging players that have kicked this league's arse so far.

Quakerz

Re: Clark Keltie

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 pm

I think Keltie has the ability to piss this league and I don't want to bum him.

PS obviously talking crap and knowing nothing won't get you banned from the board, because there is no rule against not knowing what you are talking about - however homophobia might be a big problem - I'd drop that if I were you.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:27 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:Christaphano - people saying 'Keltie will piss this league' are wanting to bum him. Sorry if that offends you. He has always had lovers and haters. I don't hate him, I've said several times he gives 100% and he breaks up play well. I just don't think he's as good as what we have and don't want to 'bum' him.
Bedale, the first message was a friendly(ish) suggestion. Drop the homophobic comments.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Sorry Christaphano - As I said I really didn't mean to offend you. I didn't really mean it in a homophobic way either. If people see Clarke as an object of man-love, then fair play to them. Pretty unenlightened of people to take that as a negative thing. Surely it's a question of taste.

Would I have been better saying 'people are too far up Keltie's arse?'

The boo boys are a disgrace. You cheer your players on on matchday IMO whether you rate them or not. Forum is the place for comment and analcysts.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:Sorry Christaphano - As I said I really didn't mean to offend you. I didn't really mean it in a homophobic way either. If people see Clarke as an object of man-love, then fair play to them. Pretty unenlightened of people to take that as a negative thing. Surely it's a question of taste.

Again, you're saying if people rate him as a player then they must be homosexual (assuming they're men) and have some sort of crush on him. Further to that you're using it as a negative example (i.e. it's against your Keltie hater view).
I won't say it again, just drop the homophobic comments and return to your regularly scheduled verbal diarrhea.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Christophano wrote:
bedaledarlo wrote:Sorry Christaphano - As I said I really didn't mean to offend you. I didn't really mean it in a homophobic way either. If people see Clarke as an object of man-love, then fair play to them. Pretty unenlightened of people to take that as a negative thing. Surely it's a question of taste.

Again, you're saying if people rate him as a player then they must be homosexual (assuming they're men) and have some sort of crush on him. Further to that you're using it as a negative example (i.e. it's against your Keltie hater view).
I won't say it again, just drop the homophobic comments and return to your regularly scheduled verbal diarrhea.
Sorry I just don't like you in that way I'm afraid

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 pm

No real opinion either way on Keltie other than he should stand out at this level. He hasn't yet, but has barely kicked a ball so how can he be judged? Without have followed too much, how are the rest of the ex-Darlo brigade getting on? Rundle, Arnison etc. are they standing out as their relative ability suggests they should?

Only observation on Leon Scott from various snippets ive seen is that some of his shots look piss-weak - does he have issues with hitting a moving ball? I've only been to two games, arguably the two worst so far so can't judge based on them.

My final point is for the mod (christophano), how about a bit of equal treatment? Yes we know Bedale's opinions aren't always greeted well but to call him out for homophobia when in the very same thread there's a "mong" reference that nothing is said about smacks of looking for a reason to pick at someone. I'm sure Andy P doesn't mean anything discriminative about Downs Syndrome sufferers, just like nothing discriminative is meant about using the term "bum" or "bummer" and is used as a figure of speech, but your singling Bedale out here - practice what you preach eh?
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Mullet69 wrote:My final point is for the mod (christophano), how about a bit of equal treatment? Yes we know Bedale's opinions aren't always greeted well but to call him out for homophobia when in the very same thread there's a "mong" reference that nothing is said about smacks of looking for a reason to pick at someone. I'm sure Andy P doesn't mean anything discriminative about Downs Syndrome sufferers, just like nothing discriminative is meant about using the term "bum" or "bummer" and is used as a figure of speech, but your singling Bedale out here - practice what you preach eh?
Just like Wenger, I didn't see it.
We don't have the time to police the forum 100% (nor is it that kind of forum, to be honest) but I did see Bedales stuff so offered a bit of friendly advice (which was, sadly, ignored). For what is worth, I don't really think he meant it as s figure of speech, his reply to me showed that.
If you have a problem with anything said then you can report the post. In this case the reported post dealt with while the post that wasn't reported was missed.
If anyone else has anything to say on this matter then PM me, I don't really want to derail this (enlightening) thread any more than I already have.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Can I report your name for being green?

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Can I report your name for being green?
I don't think that's a problem unless it becomes contagious.... oh crap! ;)

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

It's safe, it's only when it turns red that you need to worry.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Christophano wrote: Just like Wenger, I didn't see it.
We don't have the time to police the forum 100% (nor is it that kind of forum, to be honest) but I did see Bedales stuff so offered a bit of friendly advice (which was, sadly, ignored). For what is worth, I don't really think he meant it as s figure of speech, his reply to me showed that.
If you have a problem with anything said then you can report the post. In this case the reported post dealt with while the post that wasn't reported was missed.
If anyone else has anything to say on this matter then PM me, I don't really want to derail this (enlightening) thread any more than I already have.
If you hadn't said anything it would not have been mentioned again. It's my opinion that you felt you had join in and have a go at him. The words he used don't even register compared to half the stuff I've read on here before. Have you had cause to be concerned about Bedale's posts before (you know what I mean)? Doubt it, it's just this one thread and bang - he's banned.

Like I said before, where's the equal treatment here? Some of you moderators really are prize wankers.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Duffelcoatman wrote:Fucking ridiculous that people are squabbling about 'bummer', the price of mugs and the landlord at the March Hare.

Darlo fans eh.

We should be shouting from the rooftops about our start to the season, the way the team has gelled, how good crowds have been, the management and the squad strengthening. It's all a good news story!!

And Darlo are going up.
Don't be too harsh, there can't be many of us who have experience of a winning Darlo team to even know what to do in that situation! :lol:

I'm more shocked that a Keltie thread has attracted more squabbling about other topics than Captain Marmite himself...

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
If you hadn't said anything it would not have been mentioned again. It's my opinion that you felt you had join in and have a go at him. The words he used don't even register compared to half the stuff I've read on here before. Have you had cause to be concerned about Bedale's posts before (you know what I mean)? Doubt it, it's just this one thread and bang - he's banned.

Like I said before, where's the equal treatment here? Some of you moderators really are prize wankers.
Give over man - he was politely asked to stop posting offensive comments and decided to be a smartarse instead of just dropping it.

Some of the regular users on here are also wankers. Oooh look, I can be all edgy and controversial too :roll:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Mullet69 wrote:

Awwww bless mullet being the white knight for poor old bedale :lol:

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:12 am

Has bedale been banned then?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

NonBrainZone

Post by NonBrainZone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 am

That would be about right, banning harmless, knowledgable, forward thinking fans like bedaledarlo. One of the few sensible 1883 fans!
Twitter @NonBrainZone

Demanding respect for our clubs.

West Auckland Town 2 Arrogance 1

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Has bedale been banned then?
yep

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 am

Bedale has been banned? For this thread?

Honestly?

Some of his opinions on football are a little leftfield but a banning (temporary or otherwise) is plain stupid.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:15 am

He's been banned?

I assumed the police had taken his computer away.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 am

Disgraceful!!!!!

Best watch my p's & q's.

Who's next for a bullet to the back of the head?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:26 am

Spyman wrote:Bedale has been banned? For this thread?

Honestly?

Some of his opinions on football are a little leftfield but a banning (temporary or otherwise) is plain stupid.
failure to retract homophobic comments upset the poofs on this board. Apparently you cant say bummer or mention it in the same sentence as clark keltie, but you can say mong without recrimination.

that said, you probably cant say poof either. oh well.

Mullet69uk on Twitter

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:28 am

Mullet69 wrote:

Honestly?

failure to retract homophobic comments upset the poofs on this board. Apparently you cant say bummer or mention it in the same sentence as clark keltie, but you can say mong without recrimination.

Does the fact he's your real life mate mean you're entirely blind to what an insufferable c*** he is on here?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 am

To be honest, always being wrong about everything should be a ban anyway.

Joking aside, I'm sure they'll let him back on in future, though hopefully only after passing an IQ test.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

aveda

Post by aveda » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 am

Mullet69 wrote:

Honestly?

Speaking as one of the 'poofs on this board' can I just say that I was more offended by his lack of football knowledge than his use of the word 'bummer.'

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am

aveda wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:

Honestly?

Speaking as one of the 'poofs on this board' can I just say that I was more offended by his lack of football knowledge than his use of the word 'bummer.'
:thumbup:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am

aveda wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:

Honestly?

:lol: :clap:

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 am

So the authoritarian stupidity of society is taken over Darlo Uncovered? What happened to free speech? He was hardly being deliberately offensive in what he said. It's ironic that some people criticise the Non League Zone for excessive moderation then turn a blind eye to it on here. Free the Bedale one! :D

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 am

His stupidity was the most offensive thing on here.

Seeing Bedaledarlo talk about football (or anything else for that matter) was like watching Fat Tim discussing Shakespeare or a UKIP supporter talking about politics.