Stockdale (more pointless arguing)

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Stockdale (more pointless arguing)

Post by love it! » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:05 pm

tonyspain wrote:stockdale was named as goalkeeper in m.o.t.d, team of the day on last nights programme.
Surely not. Jazz thinks differently so this can't possibly be the case

(This is the normal time Jazz will attempt some vile abuse)

Jazz Maverick
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Stockdale

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm

love it! wrote:
tonyspain wrote:stockdale was named as goalkeeper in m.o.t.d, team of the day on last nights programme.

You kind of just proved what I said about you being an argumentative little gipper, didn't you? Not a particularly intelligent one, but an argumentative gipper none the less.

I'm sure one MOTD man of the match nod will change everything, and completely undo the fact his manager has openly been looking for a new No. 1.

love it!

Post by love it! » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Im sure Martin Jol knows alot more than you and I will listen to his post match comments in future for a more intelligent view point. Even the MOTD panel agreed that he is a decent goal keeper.

Thanks for not abusing me like usual. Showing slightly more intelligence than usual I must admit. Very refreshing.

love it!

Post by love it! » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Im not sure what a gipper is either to be honest. Im hoping that it was a compliment of sort.

Anyhow being argumentative doesnt mean your more or less intelligent than anyone. It just shows a different view point. If being argumentative and abusive shows intelligence then I'm sure your previous post demonstrate your personal level of intelligence.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm

People are argumentative for all sorts of reasons. In your case being argumentative is a way of covering up the fact you're not particularly bright. That and complaining that everyone who picks up on your silly posts and attempts to have a dig is 'abusing' you.

You initiated this pointless exchange with me btw (at no point have I said Stockdale isnt decent, or didnt play well yesterday, or claim MOTD didnt give him man of the match), so dont try that routine this time.

love it!

Post by love it! » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Jazz, now lets be honest here. You really don't know anything at all about me or my intelligence so to refer to me being argumenative to cover up "not being particularly bright" is unfounded. I am a normal, middle of the road guy who is of average intelligence recently promoted at work due to this average intelligence who has also just achieved an additional academic qualification. Im not abusive without reason (namely the one instance with Q when he wished for carbon monoxide poisoning) and beyond that I post normal comments regarding our football club.

I agree I initiated this conversation which I must admit has been alot more pleasant than I expected. I don't think Stockdale will make England level as previous people have suggested but I think he will maintain a premiership career for a very long time.

number_one

Post by number_one » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:39 pm

love it! wrote:recently promoted at work due to this average intelligence.
Rewarding average frustrates me, no offence like.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

love it! wrote:

Is there a reason why you are singling out Jazz here? At no point has he claimed to know better than anyone, but he's clearly more informed on the subject of Fulham than most Darlington fans.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

love it!

Post by love it! » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 pm

And so is the joys of an internet forum. Discussion around a topic of interest for everyone. Just because one person supports a club doesnt always mean that persons knowledge is better than any other person.

Look at the different views regarding our club for example.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm

love it! wrote:Look at the different views regarding our club for example.
Indeed. We are just giving giving our viewpoint. We have yet to say he is definately right.

Only time will tell that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:02 pm

love it! wrote:And so is the joys of an internet forum. Discussion around a topic of interest for everyone. Just because one person supports a club doesnt always mean that persons knowledge is better than any other person.

Look at the different views regarding our club for example.
Who said it was?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

love it!

Re: Stockdale (more pointless arguing)

Post by love it! » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 am

Really not sure why this ended up in fight club. Compared to previous abusive posts (one I reported where no action taken) I actually thought this thread was very pleasant and topical

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 pm

love it! wrote:Really not sure why this ended up in fight club. Compared to previous abusive posts (one I reported where no action taken) I actually thought this thread was very pleasant and topical
Judas snitch!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

botrash

Post by botrash » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 pm

love it! wrote:Really not sure why this ended up in fight club. Compared to previous abusive posts (one I reported where no action taken) I actually thought this thread was very pleasant and topical
Most of it was - and most of it stayed!

Read what's left in here above, it's not topical at all...

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 pm

botrash wrote:

So? There's still no need to move it. Your motivation is to improve the forum but you're actually making it more dull.

botrash

Post by botrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
botrash wrote:

So? There's still no need to move it. Your motivation is to improve the forum but you're actually making it more dull.
Do you actually believe what you're saying, or just on some kind of anti-mod rant?

Just to clarify, you think removing posts that completely derail threads to instead argue and bitch about personal gripes makes the place boring?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 pm

botrash wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
botrash wrote:

Do you actually believe what you're saying, or just on some kind of anti-mod rant?

Just to clarify, you think removing posts that completely derail threads to instead argue and bitch about personal gripes makes the place boring?

Why are you taking this so personally?

And yes, I think moving threads over here simply because of a bit of arguing DOES make the place more boring.

botrash

Post by botrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
botrash wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
botrash wrote:

Why are you taking this so personally?

And yes, I think moving threads over here simply because of a bit of arguing DOES make the place more boring.
I'm taking it personally because you ARE personally questioning my actions, which are taken for the good of the forum. Yes, the good of our from a balanced view fire all members, not just the vocal, few speech at all costs minority.

It's pretty simple, Virtual Feethams it's for talking about Darlo, Fight Club is for arguing. I don't really understand how being able to have exactly the same conversation, just on a different form can be in any way boring?

For what it's worth, my own personal view is that I don't mind the thread derails so much, but I'm here to enforce forum rules, not my own personal view. There's people like you who are happy with chaos and others screaming for bans with every single swear word. We need to strike a middle position and I think we do that in a lenient way, with very little actually removed, just off topic thread derails moved to somewhere where the arguments can continue.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

OK, thanks for the reasoned reply.

I just think that some of them can actually be entertaining AND interesting to read; even if they derail from the main topic. Plus they make the forum more lively and moving them over here usually kills the thread.

I can understand you're in a tricky position though, and I'm not attacking you personally, but I really don't think there's a need for this.

botrash

Post by botrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 pm

No problem. Like I said, as a normal user that stuff doesn't bother me either, and I've enjoyed a bit of debate in Fight Club tonight :)

But we have to keep as many people happy as possible. There's plenty of forums that would get rid of these posts entirely but we prefer to keep them. However, the complaints roll in thick and fast when things get off topic on the main forum, especially from users who just want to see relevant info without washing through crap. Fight Club seems the best compromise, although I know what you mean about the arguments soon dying down when things are moved.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 am

Botrash is the best moderator on this forum. He's got it right in my opinion.

It just means I'll be visiting fight club to read some of the more interesting discussions.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 am

Totally agree there spyman, however I do worry about some of the delicate wallflowers.

Maybe Pete can reinstate ROH but of people complaining. Would be interesting to see if it's those who start something then run to teacher.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Totally agree there spyman, however I do worry about some of the delicate wallflowers.

Maybe Pete can reinstate ROH but of people complaining. Would be interesting to see if it's those who start something then run to teacher.
I think the ROH should come back. It gave the boring botters something to direct their angst towards, rather than crying about keyboard warriors from behind their keyboards.

DC

botrash

Post by botrash » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Spyman wrote:Botrash is the best moderator on this forum. He's got it right in my opinion.

It just means I'll be visiting fight club to read some of the more interesting discussions.

It would be fantastic if the more heated topics stayed alive in here, and the relevant stuff stayed on topic in VF. Don't agree that only arguing and bitching topics are interesting, but each to their own!!

botrash

Post by botrash » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Totally agree there spyman, however I do worry about some of the delicate wallflowers.

The "delicate wallflowers" can avoid reading the Fight Club forum as they should know what to expect. I can assure you guys that the rules will remain far more relaxed in here - BUT that's not an excuse for any kind of racism, potentially illegal content or prolonged personal attacks against people.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:25 pm

botrash wrote:
Spyman wrote:Botrash is the best moderator on this forum. He's got it right in my opinion.

It would be fantastic if the more heated topics stayed alive in here, and the relevant stuff stayed on topic in VF. Don't agree that only arguing and bitching topics are interesting, but each to their own!!
I didn't say they were the only interesting ones, but they often contain the more interesting contributors who get sidetracked by the frustratingly dull "let's all agree" brigade.

In a season where there's relatively little drama or discussion to be had on the pitch, or about team selection, we need to keep a certain level of intensity on the forum.

DC