Poor Exodus..

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Spy,
I can use expletives along with the best of them, and I fully agree that it would be detrimental to have the site so bland that everyone agreed with everything written, an I also do not condone people coming onto boards just to wind people up,however, do you not realise that if you ignore such posts there would be no fun for the posters to bother and so you defeat your aim by responding?

As to the "nastiness" on this site. This club needs as many friends as it can get and while good "debate" and indeed argument will encourage people to read, and maybe get interested and then involved, the constant insult instead of debate promotes nothing.

DOTU,

The "vague" statement includes anyone who is constant with regard thinking that insult is debate, it is not, and detracts from your argument because it just becomes boring,. By the way, the use of "your argument" there was not a direct comment to you, but to all who do so.

As to "general reader". I use this site, and Tinshed etc before it, and try to glean information that I may have missed about the club elsewhere. I was thinking more in terms of someone who comes to the site for the first time, reads some of the garbage posted and they may well decide to not return, thus removing the possibility of them getting interested/involved with the club. Are we now so "rich" in both bodies and numbers that we do not need any more people getting the bug for all things Darlo?

Certainly, going back over the years to when fans boards were first opened up with regard darlo there was by far less personal insult, and the posts were much more "read worthy".

If you want to think my wanting more people getting involved with the club means I want a "boring" board, you are far from correct, what I do want, is for people to ENJOY reading our board, and wanting to come back for more, and I fully believe the best way to stop people "trolling" as you like to call it, is to just stop giving them what they are looking for ..... responses that show they have got you wound up.

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Nowt wrong with putting someone in there place. It's happened plenty to me when it's been warranted. In fact I've taken to posting on the bunker for a bit of fun now due to all the white knight Internet warriors on here steaming in with faux outrage. If you can't back up your view then don't say owt.

Seems spen is happy enough to stand up for himself on here.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Ron, I tend to find that those users of this site that engage in debate and are able to formulate proper discussion also tend to be the same people who know how to use an insult or swear word to best effect.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Jazz Maverick
Posts: 4284
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: London

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Ron, I'm not going to be as diplomatic as spyman, fatty, DOTU et al because I'm sick of explaining to people who are too sensitive for their own good how just because this is an Internet forum, it doesn't mean that you can talk crap or act the arse without fear of being pulled on it.

This place would be genuinely better if people like you didnt use it. Sorry if this is harsh.

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Ron wrote:
You do not like what someone posts, simple, ignore and move on.
Why? Cos you say so? :eh:
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4881
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I find this spen666 tedious. The stuff he's put up on other sites and his wannabe journalism annoys me.

End of.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:25 pm

In spen's defence I think a lot of the stuff he posts tends to be from a sort of devils advocate sort of perspective, rather than being a case of out and out stirring. He also tends to underestimate other people's ability to argue back against the things he says, and soon shuts up when people do.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Jazz,
funny thing, you are certainly the 1 person on here who could never upset me simply because in 3779 posts I very much doubt you have 50 that are not being insulting to someone. Indeed, were you not at some point banned because you upset so many people?

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4881
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

For "devils advocate" read "pain in the neck".
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

fat tony
Posts: 3405
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by fat tony » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Ron wrote:Spy,
I can use expletives along with the best of them, and I fully agree that it would be detrimental to have the site so bland that everyone agreed with everything written, an I also do not condone people coming onto boards just to wind people up,however, do you not realise that if you ignore such posts there would be no fun for the posters to bother and so you defeat your aim by responding?

As to the "nastiness" on this site. This club needs as many friends as it can get and while good "debate" and indeed argument will encourage people to read, and maybe get interested and then involved, the constant insult instead of debate promotes nothing.

DOTU,

The "vague" statement includes anyone who is constant with regard thinking that insult is debate, it is not, and detracts from your argument because it just becomes boring,. By the way, the use of "your argument" there was not a direct comment to you, but to all who do so.

As to "general reader". I use this site, and Tinshed etc before it, and try to glean information that I may have missed about the club elsewhere. I was thinking more in terms of someone who comes to the site for the first time, reads some of the garbage posted and they may well decide to not return, thus removing the possibility of them getting interested/involved with the club. Are we now so "rich" in both bodies and numbers that we do not need any more people getting the bug for all things Darlo?

Certainly, going back over the years to when fans boards were first opened up with regard darlo there was by far less personal insult, and the posts were much more "read worthy".

If you want to think my wanting more people getting involved with the club means I want a "boring" board, you are far from correct, what I do want, is for people to ENJOY reading our board, and wanting to come back for more, and I fully believe the best way to stop people "trolling" as you like to call it, is to just stop giving them what they are looking for ..... responses that show they have got you wound up.
This self-righteous little outburst is littered with lazy assumptions, but the most obvious is that somebody who is interested in getting interested/involved with Darlo (whatever that means) would live in some sort of weird vacuum where they'd come on here and base their decision on an interpretation of two people using bad language in conversation with eachother over a random subject like Exodus Geoghagon or whether Hebburn are a tinpot club (to use two examples where Ron has got upset).

Do you not think people would base a decision to support Darlo on, you know, supporting Darlo? - going to games, talking to fans, getting involved with the club events etc.? Or, assuming they don't live in a vacuum, their existing knowledge of the club?

I personally think this board is perfectly self-policing. I've seen plenty of idiots, bores and trolls cut down appropriately, and I've seen plenty of newcomers welcomed to the board and encouraged. Just as it should be.
Ron wrote:what I do want, is for people to ENJOY reading our board, and wanting to come back for more
Plenty enjoy it. Plenty come back for more. You're offering lame solutions to problems that actually don't exist in the first place.

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Oh Ron, what are you doing? :crazy:

First you tell Jazz off then you spoil it by trying to provoke an argument.

Oh no, now I'll be in the naughty gang :lol:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Ron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Tony,

This "self-righteous little outburst"as you put it was not about 2 people having a go at each other. It was about the fact that so many posts on this site are spoiled by people turning them into personal slanging matches.
As an example, I thought what you did at WA was wrong, not so much for going, but for the fact you didn't have the guts to stay with your first thought,(I want to go and am going), but that you lied and said you would not go, but did.
That accepted, you had the guts to stand up and say sorry I got it wrong at the time, and recently you said you had not realised the effect it would have and regret it. Fine why do people see the need to keep on having a go so long after the event. You say you got it wrong and were sorry. People should just move on
As a good point from all that, Mike Amos has said the league are looking into having something done about having this kind of thing stopped so perhaps in years to come Darlo may be known as a club who's fans helped stop other clubs fans being ripped off.

Fatty,

ME? Start an argument? I try to discuss the effect that all the bitching MAY HAVE on people thinking of getting involved with the club and I am after an argument? No my friend, if I wanted an argument I would say the Raj Singh was a great bloke and was right for the way he treated the fans of the club!!!. (Just so you can't get to upset, I do NOT think that last).

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Ron wrote:Tony,

This "self-righteous little outburst"as you put it was not about 2 people having a go at each other. It was about the fact that so many posts on this site are spoiled by people turning them into personal slanging matches.
No, it's not a fact that so many posts on this site are "spoiled", it is your personal opinion. Although you're entitled to your opinion, your personal opinion is not a universal fact to every reader. Only facts can be facts, like the grass is green etc.

You need to stop just assuming that everybody else thinks the same as what you do when you read posts.
As an example, I thought what you did at WA was wrong, not so much for going, but for the fact you didn't have the guts to stay with your first thought,(I want to go and am going), but that you lied and said you would not go, but did.
That accepted, you had the guts to stand up and say sorry I got it wrong at the time, and recently you said you had not realised the effect it would have and regret it. Fine why do people see the need to keep on having a go so long after the event. You say you got it wrong and were sorry. People should just move on
As a good point from all that, Mike Amos has said the league are looking into having something done about having this kind of thing stopped so perhaps in years to come Darlo may be known as a club who's fans helped stop other clubs fans being ripped off.
I'll be most interested to hear Tony's thoughts on this :angel:
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Ron, Ron, Ron.

You've got the wrong bloke there. It was fat dim not tony :lol:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Ron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:19 pm

And just what do you think is wrong with the last? The guy has said sorry, what more would you have him do to stop the subject being thrown in his face?

And no I am not defending or attacking him, just pointing out that it serves little use to keep it going. Just using 1 example from many.

Whoops sorry to wrong bloke and change to right bloke. The point remains the same.

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Dims penance stops when people decide he has served his time for his lies. Personally I will always view him with suspicion as the further increases have proved certain points of view correct.

Still the door has not fully shut on him.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Ron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Fatty, as a "glass is half full" rather than the other, I take the stance that if some had not gone, other clubs would not have done the same to us as WA did. While that would have been good for us, long term, if this sort of thing gets stopped once and for all because it has been highlighted because of what has happened to us then I feel some good will have come of it for the whole football family.

Quakerz
Posts: 20958
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Personally I now think that Tim has more than paid the price for West. Yes he was daft to basically mock everyone who wasn't going, yes he showed no morals, yes he topped it off by lying that he wasn't going to go in the end, and then did - but you don't punish someone for ever, not unless you believe that sky fairy stuff.

Lets not forget that 300 people went to West, only they mostly kept quiet about it (because they knew they were in the wrong), and I think Tim has been scapegoated for all 300 of them.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Read my previous post. The door is not shut on him. It is up to individuals as to when they will accept his word. He really needs to raise his game though as as recently as Norton he was being a dick.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

fat tony
Posts: 3405
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by fat tony » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Well I'm guessing Ron is short for Irony, because he's just gone from an epic whine about the amount of insults on this board to mistaking me for Big Tim - just about the biggest insult I've ever seen landed on here. Cheers for that Ron, you harsh git.

thomo27
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by thomo27 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Seems like Tim isnt the only one banging the drum...move on

Ron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Ron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Q,
exactly re Tim. I am NOT trying to police anything, I just think people do the club harm with the constant bitching. He said sorry and that he got it wrong. Personally I think the boycott at that game was correct, but I am NOT so sure about the boycott of Norton. I think we have shown the problem is there and hope that long term it will be looked at. I do also however think that MAYBE other clubs are looking and trying to get an "edge" by dividing us more than the actual money side of it.
MY thoughts only, and I have the right to differ without the insults going overboard.

Tony, tried to post and was "blocked" by your comment ! Sorry for the wrong dude bit, no personal insult intended.

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3637
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:55 pm

No personal insult regarding tony and Tim, but you say he's cool. Which one is it Ron? :)
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

botrash

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by botrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Moved to Fight Club as this is a barely relevant topic anyway that's descended into childish bickering once again.

For the record, in my opinion as a moderator, the topic is far less readable for the "average forum user" since this pointless exchange started than it was with one or two digs at a borderline trolling member.

And here's yet another reminder that there is a report function for any posts you think require the attention of the mod team, who will weigh up what we find acceptable. As far as my experiences go, this forum is a good balance of avoiding over the top trolling and abuse while maintaining the ability for users to engage in interesting debate.


Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

AndyPark
Posts: 11630
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Same old idiots giving it the big en' and running thread after thread. Forum's becoming very boring these days due to these threads being over-taken by people bickering.
2020/2021 Season
WLLWWWWLWWLLWWDWLLWWL

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 pm

AndyPark wrote:Same old idiots giving it the big en' and running thread after thread. Forum's becoming very boring these days due to these threads being over-taken by people bickering.
Complete and utter bollocks.

If anything, it's becoming boring because the mods have suddenly started sanitising the forum by moving threads over to the fight club just because of a bit of arguing.

botrash

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by botrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Same old idiots giving it the big en' and running thread after thread. Forum's becoming very boring these days due to these threads being over-taken by people bickering.
Complete and utter bollocks.

If anything, it's becoming boring because the mods have suddenly started sanitising the forum by moving threads over to the fight club just because of a bit of arguing.
Get over yourself!

Try actually reading all that crap above, do you think anyone coming on the board to tag about Darlo could care less what you or others personally think about other users... over and over again?

There's nothing "sanitising" about it, as much as you want to believe it, no content is restricted because of people's opinions or a few insults or strong words. The only thing we get rid of is the same monotonous shite repeated over and over. And by get rid of, I mean move to another board - nobody is even stopping you from continuing with the conversation, just keeping it away from relevant topics actually about Darlo.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

User avatar
DarloOnTheUp
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 pm

botrash wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Same old idiots giving it the big en' and running thread after thread. Forum's becoming very boring these days due to these threads being over-taken by people bickering.
Complete and utter bollocks.

If anything, it's becoming boring because the mods have suddenly started sanitising the forum by moving threads over to the fight club just because of a bit of arguing.
Get over yourself!

Try actually reading all that crap above, do you think anyone coming on the board to tag about Darlo could care less what you or others personally think about other users... over and over again?

There's nothing "sanitising" about it, as much as you want to believe it, no content is restricted because of people's opinions or a few insults or strong words. The only thing we get rid of is the same monotonous shite repeated over and over. And by get rid of, I mean move to another board - nobody is even stopping you from continuing with the conversation, just keeping it away from relevant topics actually about Darlo.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Get over myself? Where has that one come from?

The existence of a thread like this in the main forum does not stop people from reading threads which are more specifically about Darlo. They're still there.

botrash

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by botrash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
botrash wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Same old idiots giving it the big en' and running thread after thread. Forum's becoming very boring these days due to these threads being over-taken by people bickering.
Complete and utter bollocks.

If anything, it's becoming boring because the mods have suddenly started sanitising the forum by moving threads over to the fight club just because of a bit of arguing.
Get over yourself!

Try actually reading all that crap above, do you think anyone coming on the board to tag about Darlo could care less what you or others personally think about other users... over and over again?

There's nothing "sanitising" about it, as much as you want to believe it, no content is restricted because of people's opinions or a few insults or strong words. The only thing we get rid of is the same monotonous shite repeated over and over. And by get rid of, I mean move to another board - nobody is even stopping you from continuing with the conversation, just keeping it away from relevant topics actually about Darlo.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Get over myself? Where has that one come from?

The existence of a thread like this in the main forum does not stop people from reading threads which are more specifically about Darlo. They're still there.
...and it being here, in a far more relevant place, doesn't stop you continuing your arguments. So, I still don't get where you're coming from.

The "get over yourself" related to the way you cry for open debate and claim a forum of people agreeing is boring, but then our of hand dismiss what others think as of you speak for everyone. Off choose, you'll disagree with this, but hey, it's just my opinion, and I'm happy for debate to continue, just in an appropriate arena...


Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

charlie

Re: Poor Exodus..

Post by charlie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:23 pm

For the record I`m fully supportive of Botrash, the threads havnt been removed just moved to an appropriate forum

Post Reply