Firthmoor Wars (from Salford thread)

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:No winks or smiling emoticon. He's winding you up and is best ignored unless you have Roget's thesaurus and the Oxford dictionary to hand. I had to look Firthmoor up-thought it was in Yorkshire!
Are you sure you didn't accidentally type Darlogramps into Google by mistake?

P.S. This was a humorous remark and if there's any doubt, here are 14 laughing emojis as proof.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't someone on here once say "Humour is a subjective concept" (See your earlier post above). Live by the sword die by the sword, I didn't find your comment funny I doubt many did.
Image
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by bga » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:23 am

Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:No winks or smiling emoticon. He's winding you up and is best ignored unless you have Roget's thesaurus and the Oxford dictionary to hand. I had to look Firthmoor up-thought it was in Yorkshire!
Are you sure you didn't accidentally type Darlogramps into Google by mistake?

P.S. This was a humorous remark and if there's any doubt, here are 14 laughing emojis as proof.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Didn't someone on here once say "Humour is a subjective concept" (See your earlier post above). Live by the sword die by the sword, I didn't find your comment funny I doubt many did.
Image
An improvement but still work to do. Keep trying it will come one day! :wave:

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:30 am

The irony of BGA being whooshed and then lecturing someone else on humour.

Third time in a week you've had a pop. Did I shag your missus or something because this is one impressive vendetta you're maintaining?

And again, it's the third time it didn't really concern you. Genuinely not sure what your issue is here.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by bga » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 am

Darlogramps wrote:The irony of BGA being whooshed and then lecturing someone else on humour.

Third time in a week you've had a pop. Did I shag your missus or something because this is one impressive vendetta you're maintaining?

And again, it's the third time it didn't really concern you. Genuinely not sure what your issue is here.
Why exactly did it not concern me? I know people who live in Firthmoor do you? Your comment about the area was at best cheap.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:39 am

For someone who constantly berates people over language, spelling and grammar and promotes intelligent, well thought out argument you really do stoop low sometimes gramps. Banter's fine but the personal stuff isn't. Our grandad should be a role model.

bga
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by bga » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:For someone who constantly berates people over language, spelling and grammar and promotes intelligent, well thought out argument you really do stoop low sometimes gramps. Banter's fine but the personal stuff isn't. Our grandad should be a role model.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 am

It's an open forum so stop complaining when others challenge you. If you don't like it then use PMs. One good thing about arguing with you, it makes me double check my messages.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:44 am

bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:The irony of BGA being whooshed and then lecturing someone else on humour.

Third time in a week you've had a pop. Did I shag your missus or something because this is one impressive vendetta you're maintaining?

And again, it's the third time it didn't really concern you. Genuinely not sure what your issue is here.
Why exactly did it not concern me? I know people who live in Firthmoor do you? Your comment about the area was at best cheap.
Give over, it was a humorous comment. If you can't see that then you really have lost your sense of humour.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:47 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:It's an open forum so stop complaining when others challenge you. If you don't like it then use PMs. One good thing about arguing with you, it makes me double check my messages.
Not complaining about being challenged. I'm questioning why BGA constantly feels the need to have a pop. Three times in a week suggests there's a deeper-lying problem with me.

And which bit of what I said was personal?
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by bga » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 am

Darlogramps wrote:
bga wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:The irony of BGA being whooshed and then lecturing someone else on humour.

Third time in a week you've had a pop. Did I shag your missus or something because this is one impressive vendetta you're maintaining?

And again, it's the third time it didn't really concern you. Genuinely not sure what your issue is here.
Why exactly did it not concern me? I know people who live in Firthmoor do you? Your comment about the area was at best cheap.
Give over, it was a humorous comment. If you can't see that then you really have lost your sense of humour.
Glad to see you did some homework before posting this last comment. Let's call it a draw.

darlodaz
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:07 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by darlodaz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Darlogramps you will hopefully get whats coming to you one day.
Let's make it easy and pm your name then leave the rest with me as to finding you but then again the tosser you truly are it would be a false name you give.
Basically whether in humor or not who the fuck are you to berate people that live in a certain part of the town or is it the same thought process for other council estates within the town?
What because you think its funny is enough?

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:57 pm

darlodaz wrote:Darlogramps you will hopefully get whats coming to you one day.
Let's make it easy and pm your name then leave the rest with me as to finding you but then again the tosser you truly are it would be a false name you give.
Basically whether in humor or not who the fuck are you to berate people that live in a certain part of the town or is it the same thought process for other council estates within the town?
What because you think its funny is enough?
Seriously fella, embarrassing yourself by making childish threats of violence on the internet won't do you any good.

Take a breath and step away from the keyboard.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11553
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:14 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
darlodaz wrote:Darlogramps you will hopefully get whats coming to you one day.
Let's make it easy and pm your name then leave the rest with me as to finding you but then again the tosser you truly are it would be a false name you give.
Basically whether in humor or not who the fuck are you to berate people that live in a certain part of the town or is it the same thought process for other council estates within the town?
What because you think its funny is enough?
Seriously fella, embarrassing yourself by making childish threats of violence on the internet won't do you any good.

Take a breath and step away from the keyboard.
Leave Liam Neeson to it.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlodaz
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:07 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by darlodaz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Darlogramps there you go again slating me or those that challenge your comment rather than justifying your own comment that has caused this response.
You had no right to comment on the 8-year-olds of Firth moor or any other part of town without credible evidence whether in humor or not.
What sort of message does that say regarding their parents?
What sort of message does it send to the visitors to this site from other clubs regarding our town Firth moor particularly?
what a fucking tosser you are constantly ridiculing people for their comments and grammar being another favorite of yours, as long as people get the gist of someone's post who gives a toss if there are spelling mistakes?

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Spyman, that's not an anagram of Darlogramps. The personal bit, Gramps was about someone's wife and you've also put people down over bedsits and girlfriends and where people live. Getting a little heated isn't it?

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:30 pm

darlodaz wrote:Darlogramps there you go again slating me or those that challenge your comment rather than justifying your own comment that has caused this response.
You had no right to comment on the 8-year-olds of Firth moor or any other part of town without credible evidence whether in humor or not.
What sort of message does that say regarding their parents?
What sort of message does it send to the visitors to this site from other clubs regarding our town Firth moor particularly?
what a fucking tosser you are constantly ridiculing people for their comments and grammar being another favorite of yours, as long as people get the gist of someone's post who gives a toss if there are spelling mistakes?
I do and so do a lot of others on this board and in real life. Whether you care about getting very simple things like spelling right says a lot about the type of person you are.

Why would you not want to get something correct? Indeed, it's amazing how those who have poor grammar tend to be the most sensitive to it and complain about being corrected, instead of seeking to improve.

As for Firthmoor, you might not like the joke (your prerogative of course) but threatening violence and hurling profanities is a completely disproportionate reaction. Your attempts at claiming the moral high ground after your hysterically OTT reaction are laughable.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining the joke or justifying it. If you like it, great; if you don't, that's up to you. What's not justified are your threats of violence or profanities.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:37 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Spyman, that's not an anagram of Darlogramps. The personal bit, Gramps was about someone's wife and you've also put people down over bedsits and girlfriends and where people live. Getting a little heated isn't it?
Only from one poster who'd rather issue violent threats than criticise reasonably.

A lot of it is subjective but I don't think any of the comments I've made are particularly personal, any more than mocking someone for doing an online quiz, or making personal criticisms of my character.

I'm willing to explain myself further if you'd like. I know you're not my biggest fan, but I do believe you're reasonable and sensible, and can see this online squabble isn't doing either of us any favours. Happy to resolve this via DM if you'd like.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm disappointed that you've taken the attitude that people who don't have the same standard of grammar as you don't try to "improve" themselves. Life today often revolves around texting and shorter forms of words. I know people who can't read or write but manage to run very successful businesses. I'll keep it here thanks, last time I used PM you ripped me for it.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4336
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:06 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I'm disappointed that you've taken the attitude that people who don't have the same standard of grammar as you don't try to "improve" themselves. Life today often revolves around texting and shorter forms of words. I know people who can't read or write but manage to run very successful businesses. I'll keep it here thanks, last time I used PM you ripped me for it.
Oh come on, that's not what I said at all and you know it. Be unhappy at me if you want, but don't deliberately misrepresent what I'm saying. That's out of order. You're being deliberately sanctimonious.

If you get something wrong, surely you'd look to get it right in future (i.e. improve). But some complain about being corrected (we've seen examples of it in this thread). That's the point I quite clearly made.

I'll admit threatening to publish the PM was out of order, although again you were trying to provoke me at the time, so I responded.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:23 pm

I think you are making a presumption that people haven't attempted to improve, you clearly don't know that. We can all be pedantic, sometimes unfairly.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:55 am

People take things posted on here far too seriously!

lo36789
Posts: 7978
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Salford

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:People take things posted on here far too seriously!
that should probably be your signature.

Post Reply