The nerves have started

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

The nerves have started

Post by quakersam » Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 am

Anyone else starting to get nervous now? I've been trying to keep it at the back of my mind but I woke up this morning and my stomach is doing somersaults. Roll on Saturday!
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

AndyPark

Re: The nerves have started

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 am

Nerves are kicking in for me aswell, but I just can't wait till 6.26am on Saturday morning when I board the train from Grimsby. Come on Darlo!

Mick

Post by Mick » Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 am

Haha no, not yet.

Ya big poofs.
:D

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu May 05, 2011 11:04 am

Not at all, I was a nervous wreck for the whole week leading up to the semi final 2nd leg at Gateshead, and felt sick throughout the game, just like the Rochdale playoffs. Having reached the final I'm nowhere near as nervous about the possibility of losing the final as I was about the catastrophic possibility of falling at the final hurdle and missing out on a cup final and the playoffs. Ofcourse I want us to win more than anything and I'll probably be a bit nervy before the game, but generally I think I'm going to be able to enjoy the experience.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Thu May 05, 2011 11:07 am

i'm more excited than nervous, i'm just looking forward to a cracking day out! :thumbup:

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu May 05, 2011 11:10 am

As bad as it sounds, I'm going fully expecting us to lose, I just cant get seem to get rid of the feeling.

I'll be cheering and praying we win, and hoping for a decent performance, but Im not actually nervous because I dont expect anything.

Im using the weekend to see a couple of mates, and have a day out at Wembley.

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 am

Nervous no , excited yes . I always said from day 1 if we win or lose i am going to enjoy it no matter what , its not often i get away for the weekend without the trouble and strife :lol:

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 am

Having seen us lose twice at Wembley in play off finals I feel totally different about this one. If we win, we celebrate and chew on about it all summer. If we lose, we still remember it and cherish the day out.

The difference between this and the playoffs is that losing/winning a playoff final has huge impact on the club and it's future success from there.

If this was a playoff final I'd be shitting it, but it's not and I'm not.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

divas

Post by divas » Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Mullet69 wrote:The difference between this and the playoffs is that losing/winning a playoff final has huge impact on the club and it's future success from there.

My stance exactly.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 05, 2011 12:59 pm

divas wrote:
Mullet69 wrote:The difference between this and the playoffs is that losing/winning a playoff final has huge impact on the club and it's future success from there.

My stance exactly.
Ditto - there's far less riding on a win. Getting to Wembley was the big goal - wining will just cap it off for me but losing won't have too much impact on how and where we start next season.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo-brad

Post by darlo-brad » Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:i'm more excited than nervous, i'm just looking forward to a cracking day out! :thumbup:
Agreed Cameron me old pal :thumbup: not so nervous more EXTREMELY exicted, im praying we win as well...
Up The Darlo!
FA Trophy Winners 2011

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 06, 2011 11:41 am

I've got no nerves either, the game has the same feel as when we played at Gateshead in the FA Trophy semi-final. For that game I wasn't nervous at all, even when we entered the dreaded injury time.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri May 06, 2011 11:58 am

As this is the first time I've been to Wembley - never got to see the old one :( - I imagine this time tomorrow I'll be twitchy and nervous and excited as hell. :lol:
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website