New Shirts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfc-hardy
Team Supported: Darlington

New Shirts

Post by dfc-hardy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 pm

i cant wait till the new shirts r out i think ill gt 1 the first day there out hoping thats the 29th september the rochdale game nothings been sed on the websites and to see wat the materials like i wonder if there better than vandanel! :thumbup:

DIRTYDAVE

Re: New Shirts

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:28 pm

errea updated there website to show the darlington kit so don't think its that long till they are on sale :clap: iam still going to buy both :wave:

divas

Post by divas » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:37 pm

why does us being relegated determine whether you buy a shirt?! thats one of the most ridiculous statements ive ever heard.....

i agree we'd have sold more had we actually been able to sell them at the start of the season, but seeing as if we didnt even know we'd have a club up until a month before the season started that wasnt possible - i take it you have little knowledge of how things are manufactured in bulk and lead times?

the attitude of some of our fans i cant really understand, i dont know whether its the stadium we have, or the couple of megalomaniac chairman who have promised the earth, but people seem to think we have a divine right to have a good team - let me tell you, good teams are born out of good loyal support (barring a few sugar daddies)

this is darlington, barring a few seasons we've always scrapped around the lower reaches of the bottom tier - if everyone had the attitude of wont spend money until we improve (which is increasingly what im hearing) then we definitely wont have a team to support in the very near future.....what happened to the times when people attended matches and bought shirts to support the club so that they had the money to improve?? i guess that went out when football turned from a hobby to a business?!?!

if the same things are being said at all clubs around the country who arent doing to well, then i fear for the game, however i think we have a massive problem here with people who have already given up, relegated and liquidated the club in their own minds :thumbdown:
Last edited by divas on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm

divas wrote:why does us being relegated determine whether you buy a shirt?! thats one of the most ridiculous statements ive ever heard.....

i agree we'd have sold more had we actually been able to sell them at the start of the season, but seeing as if we didnt even know we'd have a club up until a month before the season started that wasnt possible - i take it you little knowledge of how things are manufactured in bulk and lead times?

the attitude of some of our fans i cant really understand, i dont know whether its the stadium we have, or the couple of megalomaniac chairman who have promised the earth, but people seem to think we have a divine right to have a good team - let me tell you, good teams are born out of good loyal support (barring a few sugar daddies)

this is darlington, barring a few seasons we've always scrapped around the lower reaches of the bottom tier - if everyone had the attitude of wont spend money until we improve (which is increasingly what im hearing) then we definitely wont have a team to support in the very near future.....what happened to the times when people attended matches and bought shirts to support the club so that they had the money to improve?? i guess that went out when football turned from a hobby to a business i guess

if the same things are being said at all clubs around the country who arent doing to well, then i fear for the game, however i think we have a massive problem here with people who have already given up, relegated and liquidated the club in their own minds

Great Post Divas

DrDarloSA

Post by DrDarloSA » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

I quite agreee Divas. This is the time when true fans show their colours in more ways than one!!! ;) ;)

Santino

Post by Santino » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:55 pm

I personally won't be buying one unless we finish at least 14th. Any lower, and I'd be too ashamed.

Redcar_Quaker

Post by Redcar_Quaker » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:53 pm

According to a mate, who phoned the club today, the new shirts are out Mon 21st Sept.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Santino wrote:I personally won't be buying one unless we finish at least 14th. Any lower, and I'd be too ashamed.
Why FFS?

I bet you don't mind driving around in a Nissan Micra!! :clap:

You should be proud to wear the colours - everybody knows why times have been bad - you don't have to explain - I don't see the problem.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Divas, that is a top quality post.

I havent been using this board much, but since joining have been surprised and shocked at the defeatism and knee jerk 'woe-is-me' attitudes from people claiming to be fans of the club. Its fucking Darlington FC for god sake, have me not learnt to roll with the punches and look on the bright side yet? Sometimes i think ive stumbled onto a newcastle UTD board.

Darlo are Darlo, whether they are doing well or playing like s***. Ill support the team, not the performances.

Santino

Post by Santino » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:45 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Santino wrote:I personally won't be buying one unless we finish at least 14th. Any lower, and I'd be too ashamed.
Why FFS?

I bet you don't mind driving around in a Nissan Micra!! :clap:

You should be proud to wear the colours - everybody knows why times have been bad - you don't have to explain - I don't see the problem.
It was meant to be a joke about goldensyrup not buying one in case we get relegated.

And I don't drive. :wave:

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:55 pm

The only problem i have is which one to buy, I like the yellow one but the white one is far easier to get a name printed on the back, decisions

RH79

Post by RH79 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 am

divas wrote:why does us being relegated determine whether you buy a shirt?! thats one of the most ridiculous statements ive ever heard.....

i agree we'd have sold more had we actually been able to sell them at the start of the season, but seeing as if we didnt even know we'd have a club up until a month before the season started that wasnt possible - i take it you have little knowledge of how things are manufactured in bulk and lead times?

this is darlington, barring a few seasons we've always scrapped around the lower reaches of the bottom tier - if everyone had the attitude of wont spend money until we improve (which is increasingly what im hearing) then we definitely wont have a team to support in the very near future.....what happened to the times when people attended matches and bought shirts to support the club so that they had the money to improve?? i guess that went out when football turned from a hobby to a business?!?!

if the same things are being said at all clubs around the country who arent doing to well, then i fear for the game, however i think we have a massive problem here with people who have already given up, relegated and liquidated the club in their own minds :thumbdown:
Well said!

NobRat

Post by NobRat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Personally I only buy shirts when we are doing badly. Helps me look down on the bandwagon. (soccer dome anyone) Everyone seems to have the Wembley One :?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:06 pm

NobRat wrote:Personally I only buy shirts when we are doing badly. Helps me look down on the bandwagon. (soccer dome anyone) Everyone seems to have the Wembley One :?

would you wear the soccerdome shirt again ? :wave:

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 pm

I still have my Soccerdome shirt tucked away somewhere......(bad) memories :lol:

I was a rather weedy young lad back then, doubt it would fit over my expanding beer gut these days!

Kentquaker

Post by Kentquaker » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 am

My missus bought me a shirt for my birthday last year just before the Rochdale defeat. Ever since then the club has gone tits up. If I was a superstitious man I'd blame the shirt.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:59 am

I think as Divas points out, the point when football became business is the point at which attitudes changed.

I'm afraid, that when I see clubs paying massively of the odds for players, ticket prices jumping up to around £20 (at some places) for league 2 football and when I see chairmen nearly bankrupting us, I find it very very very hard to "buy a shirt/beer/scarf" to support the club.

I would love for the days when football was a hobby, where teams fielded local lads, and where kids grew up with the identity of following a local team. But they are long gone. Football is dying at this level, killed off by Sky and a weak FA.

If football wants to be a business, then its about time we saw some business sense. Its about time the clubs (not just ours) started to try and win new fans (and win back the old ones). Its about time they met us half way, instead of just expecting. Our former chairmen and their "magical break even figures" is a classic example. Its about time that these businesses were run without lending massive amounts of money. Its about time that players wages were cut to reasonable levels, so that administration wasn't always looming in League 2.

I wonder how many people who are disillusioned with Darlo this season, are disillusioned with football generally? I know I am. I used to watch the cup draws, I used to watch (and care about) England internationals (including friendlies). Now I rarely watch final score.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 am

are disillusioned with football generally? I know I am. I used to watch the cup draws, I used to watch (and care about) England internationals (including friendlies). Now I rarely watch final score.
Amen to that !
Think before posting

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 am

Yep I agree to that. I have no interest in the Premiership my only interest is Darlington football club and league two in general (because we're in it)

But I am now losing interest in Darlington football club, if that goes what have I got?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:16 am

You get disillusioned with football when your team is doing s***.

I am now obsessed with how big a club's playing budget is and that money has ruined football, I am sure this is only because Darlo haven't got a pot to piss in.

If we had won six out of seven there would be none of this soul searching about whether football really means anything anymore.

We just need a win or 10 to cheer us up.

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:00 pm

I don't think thats necessarily true, (at least not for me) StevieMardenboro.

A few years ago, I enjoyed football. At almost any level. If there was an attractive premiership match on TV (ie something that involved one of the local clubs) and I wasn't doing anything else, I would find a pub, with a few mates and more than likely watch it. Same with England, and even the Champions League.
Also the FA Cup. Even when we weren't playing, I would make a point of watching the BBC's games, especially if there was a potential upset/whitewash.
When I lived in Bournemouth, I would go along to watch them if there was nothing better to do and we weren't playing within reasonable distance.

Over the last few seasons (when we were doing reasonably well), my interest has declined. Criminally Overpaid players, whining managers, FiFA appeals panels, the whole thing has just turned me off it.

Shrews

Gradually, I have lost a lot of interest in it. Its not just this season.
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

fcdarlo

Post by fcdarlo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Not sure that is the case, I have been getting more and more disillusioned for some time, and it's a combination of a lot of things, admission prices, players wages etc etc.

There was the great link to Stockport county and there charity work the other day, that’s what football is about, helping to give back to it's community and doing what it can great or small. I then went on to read the article on going behind the scenes at man city Shaun Wright Phillips has 14 pairs of boots made available to him for every home game, Adebayor 9 pairs in 3 colours. Jesus when does a person think this is acceptable, its crazy. Ian Wright was a plasterer who I think appreciated what he got from football, yet his son has diva type demands higher than Mariah Carey. Weird.

JerseyDarlo

Post by JerseyDarlo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Well i will be buying the new shirt. I think you either support the team 100% or you dont. If your too ashamed to wear the shirt then dont support the club. I agree with Divas its a joke how hot and cold some peope seem to be when things are going not so well. I am only pretty new to following darlo but I have watched my mum support them for donkeys years and apart from the odd good year its always been like this from what i can tell.

If its glory you are after you have sadly picked the wrong team!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Redcar_Quaker wrote:According to a mate, who phoned the club today, the new shirts are out Mon 21st Sept.

yeah asked today when i was buying my ticket for the game. but he said thats the date they were told but don't know know if they will turn up on the 21st :wave: