Lee Hughes

Arguments will be moved here. Obey the first and second rules.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Lee Hughes

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-16786117

Charged with Sexual Assualt. Why he hasn't been jailed is beyond me, the scumbag needs shooting.

So he is a Sex Attacker and a murderer and he is still allowed to play Professional football, scoring the winner for Notts County this evening away to Walsall.
The club ought to be ashamed to have such a C*** involved in their squad. Contract should of been ripped up!!!

Quote from the Notts County FC website;
NottsCountyFC wrote:Notts County can confirm that striker Lee Hughes has, on Monday, been charged in relation to an alleged incident in December of last year.

The club will be making no further comment on this matter.
Absolute disgraceful!!

I'm sorry, but am fuming with him and his club. He needs locking up.

MKDarlo

Re: Lee Hughes

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 pm

well he will be if he is found guilty - dont let it worry you to much

funksoul

Post by funksoul » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 am

scumbag

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:42 am

AndyPark wrote:I'm sorry, but am fuming with him and his club. He needs locking up.
He is responsible for his own actions, he is a grown man the club can't have absolute control over him.

It's unlikely he'll return to football after his next term inside though!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:01 am

What if he's not guilty? Remember he is high profile, hated, and people will be out to get him. There is no point calling him out on this until we know if he's done it or not.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:23 am

Quakerz wrote:What if he's not guilty? Remember he is high profile, hated, and people will be out to get him. There is no point calling him out on this until we know if he's done it or not.
Fair point. Worth mentioning that the c*** didn't deserve the second chance he got in the first place though.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:35 am

At some point a punishment ends and the offender is rehabilitated, Lee Hughes cannot be treated any different.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Quakerz wrote:At some point a punishment ends and the offender is rehabilitated, Lee Hughes cannot be treated any different.
I cant think of too many examples of people who have committed a crime as serious as his that would then walk straight into any job, let alone something in the £100k a year bracket. If he had the same treatment and quality of life as anyone else who had done what he'd done I would have less of a problem with it. He doesn't though, he served a jail stretch that was nowhere near appropriate for the crime he committed and walked straight back into a dream job. I can see what you're saying like, but it really gets me!

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 am

I thought that there was a presumption of innocence until found guilty in this country still.
However I may be wrong.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 am

Shadwellman you are indeed wrong!

We are now ruled by mob mentality! Hang flog disembowel are now the order of the day and if you're innocent then it's whoops let's stick an apology on page 32 of the paper!

Shame on you for not knowing that!

Also plenty of well paid professionals in other walks of life stroll back into well paid jobs. Even Gerald ronson was up for a knighthood this year!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 am

Breedon wrote: I cant think of too many examples of people who have committed a crime as serious as his that would then walk straight into any job, let alone something in the £100k a year bracket.
I bet you can't think of anyone (apart from Hughes) that has ran over and killed somebody. So the rest of your point is moot.
If he had the same treatment and quality of life as anyone else who had done what he'd done I would have less of a problem with it.
How do you know he hasn't? He's served his time and went back to work in the job he does. If a chef or a binman killed somebody by dangerous driving, served their time and got out, they'd be free to go back to work as a chef or a binman, what is the difference?
He doesn't though, he served a jail stretch that was nowhere near appropriate for the crime he committed
Is was totally appropriate according to the sentences we normally hand out, he got 6 years. You often get less for manslaughter.
and walked straight back into a dream job.
So you're jealous aren't you? That's what it boils down to, you're jealous of what footballers earn etc. It's not his fault that is his trade and he's employable. If he was a butcher you wouldn't give a fuck. How shallow are you?
I can see what you're saying like, but it really gets me!
Well it shouldn't get you, he's been treated no differently to anyone else that has committed the crime that he did and has the same rights as anyone else.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:15 am

Thats Breedon, the resident red-top reading fuckwit put firmly back in his box

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 am

He Should be jailed just for that ridiculous celebration he does when he scores...

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm not going to play the "I've been effected directly by it so give me sympathy card", but I have a close friend who was very nearly killed by a pissed driver and lost over 2 years of her life due to the injuries she suffered. Thats why this specific crime hits home with me a little more than certain others I suppose, and I can confirm first hand that the punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime. Especially when you think about what the family of Hughes' victim go through on a daily basis due to what he did.

On the subject of employment, who walks straight into ANY job after killing someone? One of the most famous repercussions of a serious conviction is being unable to gain the trust of an employer in order to find work. Not for good old Lee though, he's a decent footballer so no problems there.

I'm not jealous, I'm bitter. There's a difference. I'm happy for people with talent to earn based on their talents and contributions to their club. I dont believe people who've done something like that deserve that opportunity though. He can play the "I made a mistake and did my time card" and some people might be happy with that. I'm not, some mistakes are too serious to wash your hands of simply by taking the watered down punishment our "justice" system gives you. I'd have been a little happier with the situation if getting six years actually meant you had to do six years. He didn't though did he.

Also for the record I haven't commented at all nor have I judged him based on anything to do with this sexual assault thing, nor will I until its substantiated. All I've commented on is the thing he was proven guilty of.
Last edited by Breedon on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:Thats Breedon, the resident red-top reading fuckwit put firmly back in his box
Is that the best you can do!? Hahaha! Pipe down you dick head!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Breedon what's your view on Gerald ronson being up for a knighthood!
Bobby Moores arrest for theft?
Gazza inciting a riot in Scotland?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Mint response breedon you thick, reactionary, little englander.

Hughes is a scummy little who no one has any time for, but the fact of the matter is he was tried and punished according to British law, same as everyone else, and deserved his chance at employment like anyone else after they serve their time.

You're just some two bob loser who's jealous that Hughes happens to work in a trade that means he's highly employable, even with his conviction.

Engage your brain before being such an illogical, hysterical, knee jerk tart next time.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Will do mate. You'll still be the sort of arrogant, knob head keyboard warrior who I will never have the time of day for like. Have fun with that. :thumbup:

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Oh and Duncan ferguson chining some jock whilst playing up there?

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:06 pm

"I dont believe people who've done something like that deserve that opportunity though. He can play the "I made a mistake and did my time" card, and some people might be happy with that. I'm not, some mistakes are too serious to wash your hands of simply by taking the watered down punishment our "justice" system gives you."

My beef isn't with any footballer who has ever committed a crime, its with the severity of taking a life and the flaws in the justice system that deem say uploading multiple items of copyrighted content to the internet as an expedentially more serious crime than killing someone. I dont reject that everything Quakerz said on the topic is technically correct, but I absolutely have the right to disagree with the fairness of it and also have the right to be bitter about someone who took one person's life and ruined that of several others having very little in the way of long term repercussions for what he did.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:11 pm

His conscience maybe?

Hasn't he lost his wife and kids?

Also you could argue Gerald Ronson caused more misery but is now up for a knighthood whilst still saying he wasn't guilty!!!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 pm

There is nothing worse than a thick fucker who thinks shouting his worthless opinion loud enough will make it fact.

Breedon, You strike me as the kind of guy who would write into the daily mail comments page.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Eh? I thought they were all a figment of Richard littlejohns imagination Jazz!

How will I be able to sleep now knowing there really are grade A morons kicking about without a carer!!!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Haha! You're such a bellend! I just essentially said I'm under no illusion that I'm not speaking facts, just my opinion, to which I'm entitled, and given this is a messageboard and a topic came up that I do have an opinion on, what better place to shout it out loud!?

Do I? Nice one. You strike me as the sort of person who is nowhere near as confident in real life as he is when hiding behind his computer. Just another opinion though.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Me or jazz or both of us?

I take it you have no problem with a crooked business man put forward for a knighthood, but do have a problem with someone who as ACTUALLY admitted his guilt!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Above post was aimed at JM. I disagree with it ofcourse, and its another great example of what this country deems as "justice" and actual justice dont always sync up, but I dont feel as strongly about that as I do this specific subject.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 pm

So basically you're a hypocrite?

One man gets your unadulterated scorn because he's a scummy, working class good for nothing who happens to have a very well paid trade, and for that reason is not allowed to pay his dues and move on.

The other you're not that bothered about, because he wears a shirt and tie and therefore can't be looked down on by someone even with your grossly inflated sense of self worth?

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm

No, one man killed someone, the other didn't, you unbelievably stupid twat. The fact that you've attempted to insinuate that my opinions on the matter are motivated by my favouring someone because of their supposedly greater position in society due to their background rather than the specifics of their crimes shows how little you know me and how tiny your mind is.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

He killed someone in a car accident you reactionary little fuckwit. He didnt commit murder, he committed manslaughter.

Yes, it was his fault and he was a dickhead for running away. Yes, someone died, but it wasnt pre-meditated, it was an accident caused by stupidity.

The kind of corporate crime mentioned above WAS pre-meditated. He DID set out to commit a crime. The only reason the outcome was less serious in terms of human life is purely down to the arena he happened to be operating in.

Hughes served time and paid his dues to society for his part in a tragic accident. You or anyone else have no grounds for suggesting he shouldnt be allowed to go back to his chosen profession after serving his time, it makes no logical sense at all. Well, unless you're too stupid to understand the simple concept of crime, punishment, and social justice.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

I would actually argue that Ronson cost more lives through his thievery!!

The fallout from the Guiness scandal was immense! The biggest of its time!

How many pensions were robbed, along with small investors, leaving people in penury?
And THAT was premeditated!!!!

Arise Sir Gerald Ronson, maker of cigarette lighters and THIEF of untold futures!!!