Tori's Tweets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Rocky Dennis
Team Supported: Darlington

Tori's Tweets

Post by Rocky Dennis » Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Surprised it's not been mentioned on here but some very interesting tweets coming from Tori re Rugby club. Council onside to!

DarloOnTheUp

Re: Tori's Tweets

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Such as?

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 pm

been to busy trying to catch up reading them but yea looks like we got a future

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 pm

You can't say this and put em on here :lol:

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes dont leave us hanging..please quote them here. Even with twitter id have to know her tag to find them!

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Basically discussions have taken place to create a sports hub at Blackwell meadows, could be there for next season.

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Rugby club and council are keen.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed May 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Hang on, hang on. Before anything I have tweeted gets taken totally out of context, it's in the public domain that Blackwell meadows has the councils backing for a sports hub. (just need to google it).

It's no secret the club is looking at this and any groundshare would be ideally a short term solution.

I'm positive about the whole thing, so much so, I will buy season tickets and will support dfc as much as I can and the prospect of moving into a welcomed sports hub is exciting!
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.

number_one

Post by number_one » Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:the prospect of moving into a welcomed sports hub is exciting!
In the 15th tier of football, thrilling.

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

The irony doesnt escape me that I "groundhopped" the rugby club on Sunday and was surprised how developed it was, even as it stands it could host Step 6 footie with a few extra flagstones and the site has a lot of potential for development.

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Wed May 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Its just nice to get som good news Tori, didnt mean to blow it out of context.

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Rocky Dennis wrote:Its just nice to get som good news Tori, didnt mean to blow it out of context.
Hey no its fine.

I just know how things can be twisted but it I'm pretty open tweet wise. Can be followed at Tweeter_Tori
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Out of all the crap this week its actually a piece of good news as its practical and sustainable. Lets hope it goes somewhere.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Follow Tori and you will be reading Tweets all day, she is what is known as a serial tweeter. Although well worth following for the info.

Keep tweeting Tori

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Nothing in concrete, board meeting tomorrow

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Follow Tori and you will be reading Tweets all day, she is what is known as a serial tweeter. Although well worth following for the info.

Keep tweeting Tori
Do you follow me? Is it you that still looks at my LinkedIn profile every day?

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed May 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Lets just give it some time people, don't start jumping for joy yet, It's Darlington FC afterall, you never know whats coming next.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Follow Tori and you will be reading Tweets all day, she is what is known as a serial tweeter. Although well worth following for the info.

Keep tweeting Tori
Do you follow me? Is it you that still looks at my LinkedIn profile every day?
I do follow, I don't look at linked in though - Twitter and Message board take up too much of my working day at the moment. Don't tell the boss :shh:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 02, 2012 11:17 pm

wishmaster3211 wrote:Out of all the crap this week its actually a piece of good news as its practical and sustainable. Lets hope it goes somewhere.
We wouldn't make any money on non matchdays, because the Rugby club own all the facilities, so I'm not sure how it's sustainable long term.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

sasha44

Post by sasha44 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Rocky Dennis wrote:Basically discussions have taken place to create a sports hub at Blackwell meadows, could be there for next season.
This ground is even harder to get to than neasham rd, if you have not got your own transport .

TwoSaints

Post by TwoSaints » Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am

How do you work that out? Its got a bus stop right outside it with a regular service running past. That's more than the arena had. Probably a shorter walk from the town too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu May 03, 2012 12:05 am

sasha44 wrote:
Rocky Dennis wrote:Basically discussions have taken place to create a sports hub at Blackwell meadows, could be there for next season.
This ground is even harder to get to than neasham rd, if you have not got your own transport .
And the parking will be just enough for players and officials.
Also there is drainage issues and calling (unless it has changed since I was last there)TWO rows of seats a stand is being very economical with the truth. I’d rather play at the RA when you consider the above.

People need to remember that DRFC are NOT even in the top 15 rugby clubs in the North East (in order: Falcons, Tynedale, Blaydon, Westoe, Darlington Mowden Park, West Hartlepool, Billingham, Percy Park, Middlesbrough, Northern, Durham, Morpeth, Gateshead and the Poly) and their location and facilities are not up to scratch why are we looking here?
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 am

Also as Mowden are building a new ground (I realise West Park is not an ideal location but it’s better than Shildon!!) would it not be ideal to speak to the REAL rugby club in the town? If anyone has seen the plans for what is being built for Mowden I’m sure you will agree it is impressive. Numerous pitches (4 or 5), a training area, potentially an Astroturf pitch, floodlights, more than enough bars and changing rooms and a decent seated stand. And, as it hasn’t been built yet, minor adjustments could easily be made to accommodate our needs.

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Thu May 03, 2012 7:33 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:Also as Mowden are building a new ground (I realise West Park is not an ideal location but it’s better than Shildon!!) would it not be ideal to speak to the REAL rugby club in the town? If anyone has seen the plans for what is being built for Mowden I’m sure you will agree it is impressive. Numerous pitches (4 or 5), a training area, potentially an Astroturf pitch, floodlights, more than enough bars and changing rooms and a decent seated stand. And, as it hasn’t been built yet, minor adjustments could easily be made to accommodate our needs.
I have seen the Mowden plans, I saw them 5 years ago and still nothing has happened apart from a sign going up at Mowden saying a housing developement was coming soon.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 03, 2012 8:17 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:
And the parking will be just enough for players and officials.
Also there is drainage issues and calling (unless it has changed since I was last there)TWO rows of seats a stand is being very economical with the truth. I’d rather play at the RA when you consider the above.

Seems to be better than anything the RA can offer with 3 full sides and plenty of space to develop.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 am

Sorry three rows of seats, also have you seen the gap between the seats and the pitch? People stand there making the seats useless.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu May 03, 2012 11:04 am

sasha44 wrote:
There's a regular bus to Northallerton passes by but it's further out of town and away from housing than the Arena ever was :crazy:

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Thu May 03, 2012 11:11 am

Tubwell Row (Darlington town centre) to The rugby club is exactly 1.5 miles
Tubwell Row (Darlington Town Centre) to the arena is exactly 1.7 miles

30 minute walk at best

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:14 am

And you can have a nice walk through South Park!
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Thu May 03, 2012 12:16 pm

just tweeted

Tori ‏ @Tweeter_Tori
If things were easy guys we would have pulled this off weeks ago! All trying our hardest ! #SaveDarlo

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite