Reporting posts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikkyx
Site Admin

Reporting posts

Post by mikkyx » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Hiya,
Can I just remind everyone to report any posts which may be even slightly dodgy regarding past owners, past(?) landlords, and past supporters groups members. We know they're watching, and I'm sure there won't be many more warnings before the legal actions start and this place gets shut down. I host a few other sites on my server so if the legals get my box switched off it would also affect completely innocent sites which have nowt to do with DFC.

The moderators all have jobs / kids to look after / early nights to have (delete as appropriate) and - especially now - cannot possibly read every single post. For the good of this board we need everyone to be our eyes and ears. Whatever our feelings regarding this situation or the people involved in it, we must be careful how we express them. The future of this messageboard depends on it.

As a reminder, you can report a post by clicking the exclamation mark in the bottom right hand corner of the post.

Cheers.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

mikkyx
Site Admin

Re: Reporting posts

Post by mikkyx » Tue May 01, 2012 9:41 pm

3 posts removed and 1 "user" banned so far.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 am

Bump. Haven't had to take further action (yet) but just reminding people.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Reporting posts

Post by mikkyx » Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 am

One more bump (this wasn't noticed when it was a sticky) as I've just had to delete another post. Please keep an eye out. I wasn't kidding when I said the board is at risk of closure.

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu May 03, 2012 9:26 am

I would imagine Mikky today and tomorrow traffic will rocket again, is it worth tweaking the swear filter a little as we will have a lot of outsiders and kids viewing and some of the nastier swear words are still coming through, appreciating we have posters who cannot keep a civil tongue on their keyboard still.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 am

Bogratsteve wrote:I would imagine Mikky today and tomorrow traffic will rocket again, is it worth tweaking the swear filter a little as we will have a lot of outsiders and kids viewing and some of the nastier swear words are still coming through, appreciating we have posters who cannot keep a civil tongue on their keyboard still.
Any chance i could see the defamatory posts statement.

We all need to accept that the moderators' words are final.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 am

Bogratsteve wrote:I would imagine Mikky today and tomorrow traffic will rocket again, is it worth tweaking the swear filter a little as we will have a lot of outsiders and kids viewing and some of the nastier swear words are still coming through, appreciating we have posters who cannot keep a civil tongue on their keyboard still.
Might not be a bad idea. Might make a few additions tonight. I've noticed one or two things that I'm surprised aren't in there already!

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 am

Might be worth dropping Quakerz a pm ...he seems to have a never ending list of profanities...don't want to miss any !!

DTID

Post by DTID » Thu May 03, 2012 9:39 am

Can we include the words, "Raj" and "Singh" within the filter? At least that way his name isn't being banded about freely on the forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am

DTID wrote:Can we include the words, "Raj" and "Singh" within the filter? At least that way his name isn't being banded about freely on the forum.
I've considered pre-moderating any post with his name in but haven't had chance to set it up yet (if it's even possible)

Time may soon be that I won't have to as we won't need to discuss him in the present tense anymore!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am

DTID wrote:Can we include the words, "Raj" and "Singh" within the filter? At least that way his name isn't being banded about freely on the forum.

I think the filter will be able to replace those 2 words with "he who cannot and should not be mentioned every again in association with Darlo"

DTID

Post by DTID » Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 am

mikkyx wrote:Time may soon be that I won't have to as we won't need to discuss him in the present tense anymore!
Is he dead like ?? :mrgreen:

DTID

Post by DTID » Thu May 03, 2012 9:47 am

Bogratsteve wrote:

I think the filter will be able to replace those 2 words with "he who cannot and should not be mentioned every again in association with Darlo"
That would be brilliant!! lol!!

Thing is, people aren't being defamatory, "he who cannot and should not be mentioned every again in association with Darlo" has proven supporters to be right about him & his intentions.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am

DTID wrote:
mikkyx wrote:Time may soon be that I won't have to as we won't need to discuss him in the present tense anymore!
Is he dead like ?? :mrgreen:
Nope - but it'll be "HWCASNBMEAIAWD was" or "used to", not "HWCASNBMEAIAWD is".

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 03, 2012 9:50 am

Protect our little children from the nasty swearers.

What a fluffy, sensitive bunny you are. And as always, it will be the offended minority, that wins the day and gets their way.

They're hearing swearing at junior school, aged 7, day in day out.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mazz Javerick

Post by Mazz Javerick » Thu May 03, 2012 10:01 am

Quakerz wrote:

What a fluffy, sensitive bunny you are. And as always, it will be the offended minority, that wins the day and gets their way.

Glad someone else said it.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 am

you do not know me Quakerz so a bit presumptuous to say what I am, I'm far from a "fluffy, sensitive bunny" but i am someone who has a small amount of morality and intelligence and can manage to write a post without being offensive & aggressive most of the time to anyone who dares offer an alternative point of view.

This is an open forum which can be viewed by anyone, such a good impression it gives having profanities all over it, I swear for England when talking face to face but also have the ability to curb my language in certain circumstances and an open forum visited by people of all ages is one of those situations.

You disagree it would appear, fair enough, much more important things to worry about than this today and I do not have the inclination to get into squabbling, especially on this thread :lol:

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu May 03, 2012 10:57 am

Quakerz wrote:

45 years ago I was caned by the headmaster at my primary school for saying the word "sh1t" :oops:

Now I can't even write it on here :shock:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Quakerz wrote:

And that's just from the teachers.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 pm

"They're hearing swearing at junior school, aged 7, day in day out."

Doesn't make it right though

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Thu May 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Two wrongs don't make a right Quakerz......

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:48 pm

So we can blaspheme and promote blasphemy (Jesus Christ Ray) but can't swear?

Edited - to avoid being burnt at the stake
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 03, 2012 10:35 pm

jazzydfc wrote:"They're hearing swearing at junior school, aged 7, day in day out."

Doesn't make it right though
Well then they need to go improve their teaching methods and the sylabus.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC