Darlington v Marske Utd Tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Devil
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlo Devil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 am

Does anybody know when the tickets go on sale for our 1st home game on Tuesday night?

Darlofan97

Re: Darlington v Marske Utd Tickets

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 am

It's pay on the day.

Darlo Devil

Post by Darlo Devil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 am

Ok. Thanks for that. Lets hope there organised then.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am

Darlo Devil wrote:Ok. Thanks for that. Lets hope there organised then.
Similarly, let's hope our fans are organised too. Anyone expecting to turn up at 7:25pm will be sadly dissapointed.

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I actually thought or hoped the shop would have a couple of hundred tickets to sell to people in advance

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 pm

jazzydfc wrote:I actually thought or hoped the shop would have a couple of hundred tickets to sell to people in advance
Don't want to predict things, but I think Ralph said that they would be looking to scale back the hours on the club shop once the season had started / school holidays had finished, so if we start offering tickets there now and people get used to it - there's a high chance that we won't be able to do that moving forward.

As long as people get there in plenty of time there shouldn't be any problems. If people turn up late and expect just to breeze through then that's their problem.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:25 pm

That's it, it's all time and money to sell tickets, precious time and money we don't have a lot of, we're Northern League now, however arguably providing a better service than we have for years in most areas.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Hilly wrote:
jazzydfc wrote:I actually thought or hoped the shop would have a couple of hundred tickets to sell to people in advance
Don't want to predict things, but I think Ralph said that they would be looking to scale back the hours on the club shop once the season had started / school holidays had finished, so if we start offering tickets there now and people get used to it - there's a high chance that we won't be able to do that moving forward.

As long as people get there in plenty of time there shouldn't be any problems. If people turn up late and expect just to breeze through then that's their problem.
We all managed to get into Feethams during the 70's and 80's with just a few turnstiles open.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Hilly wrote:

We all managed to get into Feethams during the 70's and 80's with just a few turnstiles open.
I'm sure you did, but I don't suppose those people turned up at 7.25pm on a Tuesday evening with volunteer staff!

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm

I agree the service to fans has improved vastly, I just assumed the shop was going to be an on going concern and would be selling tickets, I'll just get there earlier than originally planned on Tuesday

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Hilly wrote:
Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
Hilly wrote:

I'm sure you did, but I don't suppose those people turned up at 7.25pm on a Tuesday evening with volunteer staff!
Yep, quite a few volunteers in the 70's! Mostly blokes in flat caps, if my memory serves me right.

Mind you, I was just a kid back then.

As for turning up five mins before KO, well it's time people started using a bit of common sense.
Last edited by Fibonacci0112358 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Just an idea, a seperate gate/way in for season ticket holders as with the new style card it will be quick to get fans thru, and would not congest turn styles for pay on the day fans?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 pm

poppyfield wrote:Just an idea, a seperate gate/way in for season ticket holders as with the new style card it will be quick to get fans thru, and would not congest turn styles for pay on the day fans?
That would make it more congested for pay on the day fans.

Could we sell tickets for the next two home games before and/or at half time during home games?

Another option could be to approach local shops/newsagents to stock tickets and they benefit from extra footfall. Ideally one outlet in the west, north, south and east of the town as well as the town centre.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Tickets cost money to print, newsagents will want a cut.

Then of course there's forgeries to consider......no i couldn't believe it either!

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but the Marske game is still on the Tuesday isn't it? I got it into my head that midweek games were moved to Wednesdays.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Lawman3 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but the Marske game is still on the Tuesday isn't it? I got it into my head that midweek games were moved to Wednesdays.

Yep, it's Tuesday.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Good. Can't do the Wednesday!
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:52 pm

.... then all the rest of the midweek home ones are Wednesday.

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Making games all ticket is costly and not convenient to all as we can only sell tickets in the shop or at Bishop. At this stage, we have no plans to make some games all ticket but we will see how things progress over the next few weeks.

In terms on the shop though, it is here to stay but not sure that's right about scaling the hours down as it's news to the board and any such changes would need to come through us.
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 pm

divas wrote:Tickets cost money to print, newsagents will want a cut.

Then of course there's forgeries to consider......no i couldn't believe it either!
I realise they cost money to print but could pay off. Newsagents would make their money from extra footfall, if they also want a cut tell them (as politely as possible) to stick it up their hoop.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm

will they be opening both the big brown gates either side of the main stand to get out after the game. at the gateshead game they only opened the one at the left hand side of the stand and as weve moved to the other side for the 2nd half we had to wait for everyone to get off the pitch to go passed the main stand to get out and that was with 500+ in.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:21 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:

I realise they cost money to print but could pay off. Newsagents would make their money from extra footfall, if they also want a cut tell them (as politely as possible) to stick it up their hoop.
I'm sure the extra footfall from the 20 or so darlo fans who won't pay on the day will make it well worth their while :lol:

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:In terms on the shop though, it is here to stay but not sure that's right about scaling the hours down as it's news to the board and any such changes would need to come through us.
Just reading in between the lines of Ralph's post here:

http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 51#p266251

Apologies if I've misunderstood. If you've got enough volunteers to keep this up throughout the season then kudos.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm sure that if we get a few games were the gates are closed, then the club will have to look into making tickets available in advance, so avoiding people travelling all the way to Bish, to then be turned away.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Back when I followed Aylesbury United with crowds off around 1200 they always had the exit gate next to the main turnstile open for season tickets with a guy with a simple clip board numbered 1-100 and just ticked off the numbers as people went through the gate-simple and quick way of counting in the 400 or so season ticket holders-that would then free up the turnstiles for the pay on the day fans and also keep track of the attendance.......

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:

I'm sure the extra footfall from the 20 or so darlo fans who won't pay on the day will make it well worth their while :lol:
I’d say it would require zero cost, effort or time for the shop owners so anything they generate over the cost of the ticket will be 100% profit. It would also build the community feel.

Also if the gates are approaching capacity or if there is a fast track entry for ticket holders then there should be good number s sold.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Lawman3 wrote:Good. Can't do the Wednesday!
looking at the fixture list we only have 6 wednesday home games,mainly 1st half of the season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm

According to today's Echo tickets are available for Tuesday's game. However, I believe the Echo is wrong.