Why are manure and Everton wearing black armbands?

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Why are manure and Everton wearing black armbands?

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Who's died now? Or has it just become a kind of fashion accessory these days, like gloves?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Why are manure and Everton wearing black armbands?

Post by Big Tim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Who's died now? Or has it just become a kind of fashion accessory these days, like gloves?
Munich Rememberance I think?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Something to do with an incident at a German airport in 1958!

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Is it not to commemorate the death of football?
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:58 am

They seem to be wearing one nearly every week. Mind you, seeing half of the adverts around the pitch are targetted at Korean/Chinese/Japanese supporters I'm sure they could find a cause to wear one every week. They should sell them with the shirts.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:27 pm

On this occasion, probably wasn't the best outburst given what it was commemorating.

I don't know, this is just thinking out loud, but there is an element that as time goes by more disasters/deaths happen that are then commemorated. There isn't really a process which allows things to "drop off".

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Munich or not, I stand by my outburst. I think an element of "look at us, aren't we thoughtful" has crept into it all.
Join - Shop - Collect

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

I don't think you could be any more wrong if you tried. As far as I know, United wear black armbands on every Munich anniversary (or the nearest fixture). Liverpool do likewise with Hillsborough I believe.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Not wrong, just don't feel so bereft about these things the same way as some people.
Join - Shop - Collect

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Clearly wrong and a disgusting outburst. The Munich disaster is remembered by many of the old boys of united and would be rude not to mark such a terrible day. Lest we forgot don't they say about the war's.

Even if United decided to remember when the Tsuami in Asian occured it would be a very outstanding thing to do. Just because United are a worldwide team doesnt make any significant event around the world less important.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Munich or not, I stand by my outburst. I think an element of "look at us, aren't we thoughtful" has crept into it all.
Bang on the money.

Football and it's supporters have turned into this bizarre grief junkie, mawkish, super sensitive drip-fest, where the name of the game is to out do each other in the anguish and sensitivity stakes.

Edit: case in point above, a perfect example of a completely ott 'HEY EVERYONE LOOK HOW OUTRAGED I AM' post from resident soppy bollocks love it!

love it!

Post by love it! » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 am

And the usual post of lets insult others for the sake of it. I think we should all fcuk animals and steal from our families as well. Actually why not go the whole hog and fcuk your own sister too. Everything seems game in Jazz's world

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 pm

So from a thread where i complained about the sensationalism of tragedy in English sport, you've managed to introduce the themes of bestiality and incest? That must have been bubbling just under the surface for you to explode like that, eh love it?

I've reported your post btw. I don't want to be seen as sharing a forum with someone who exhibits those 'tendencies'.

love it!

Post by love it! » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Jesus have I actually offended Jazz? Mark this on the calendar. The usual tripe and insults you post and I've finally offended you. Must have touched upon a personal subject there I guess.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm

:lol:

You unbelievably gullible, thick as fuck, dog raping, sister banging retard - of course I haven't reported you!

Do I strike you as the kind of person who gets offended by words on an Internet forum?!

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Munich or not, I stand by my outburst. I think an element of "look at us, aren't we thoughtful" has crept into it all.
Rubbish.

Remembering a terrible incident with something as subtle as a black armband is not 'look at us'.

Not being funny but don't you constantly go on about little Giorgi and everything you do for him??? Nothing against that at all, by the way. But if wearing black arm bands is all 'look at meeeee', then take a look at yourself!

love it!

Post by love it! » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote::lol:

You unbelievably gullible, thick as fuck, dog raping, sister banging retard - of course I haven't reported you!

Do I strike you as the kind of person who gets offended by words on an Internet forum?!
Ill give you gullible but I can assure you I am far from any of your other suggestions. You strike me as a person of low morals, argumentative and of low intelligence.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm

love it! wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote::lol:

Ill give you gullible but I can assure you I am far from any of your other suggestions. You strike me as a person of low morals, argumentative and of low intelligence.
Meh, I'm probably more argumentative than I should be, but I'm happy to admit that foible.

But intelligence and morals? Nah, Ill trump you on both counts, easily, and I think you know that. It's easier for you to back down when you chuck around vague claims of me being of 'low intelligence'.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Jazz is a high up vicar in real life.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

love it!

Post by love it! » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42 pm

I do like your personally edited foot note Jazz. Enjoy shagging your sister!

Anyhow to show respect to the deceased was something which united should have and did. Anyone who thinks other wise is an idiot.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 pm

love it! wrote:I do like your personally edited foot note Jazz. Enjoy shagging your sister!

Anyhow to show respect to the deceased was something which united should have and did. Anyone who thinks other wise is an idiot.
Funny, that's not how it reads.

But then its hardly surprising you didn't comprehend that, with you not being that bright.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Free_Transfer wrote:
Rubbish.

Remembering a terrible incident with something as subtle as a black armband is not 'look at us'.

Not being funny but don't you constantly go on about little Giorgi and everything you do for him??? Nothing against that at all, by the way. But if wearing black arm bands is all 'look at meeeee', then take a look at yourself!
Ooh me knackers.

One thing I've learnt from my experience is that most people don't want to help, not really. To quote a song most people are only concerned with looking concerned - they like to give the appearance of caring, and might throw a few pennies at a cause, and wear black arm bands and s***, and applaud wildly in the 19th minute of a football match but, when it comes to the crunch, most people actually want "somebody else" to help.

This thread's got out of hand, it was never my intention to offend anyone and I'm very sorry that some people feel offended by my indifference to it all.

That wasn't an apology by the way - I'm just sorry that most people are selfish, not selfless, as they'd like to proclaim. I find that quite disgusting.
Join - Shop - Collect